I Can't

Mating Seasons: Blood Transformation II

Gongchan stared at Jiyeon who was reading her book again. The wolves in his room had brainstormed about the situation about Miyoung for a dozen times and hadn't gotten anywhere.
 
He knew he was being a mean bastard for ignoring the matter at hand, but he couldn't tear his eyes away from her.
 
He knew he had given up on love but he didn't know why he felt that way again. And somehow it felt so much different from when he liked Miyoung and Kyungmi. It was strange.
 
He wondered if these feelings were surfacing because he was looking for a rebound, but it didn't seem so. Because why would be want a rebound when he already told himself he didn't want to love?
 
He was confused, and at the same time in awe at everything she did. She seemed kind hearted, and she obviously didn't care what people thought about her. She was quiet, which was why when she spoke he found himself catching every word.
 
After the little stroll (or run) around the gardens outside the previous day, Gongchan had finally established that he was attracted to Jiyeon.
 
Very attracted, in fact.
 
He didn't know if he should act on these attractions. Could his heart beat another heartbreak? And did he even like her?
 
He soon got his answer that very day.
 
-----
 
"Why do you want those?" Changjo asked curiously. Gongchan had requested to take a walk outside the gardens again, but this time he asked for a large long sleeved coat, black tights, and even a pair of sunglasses.
 
"I have my reasons." Gongchan shrugged. "So can you prepare them for me, Jiyeon?" he asked.
 
Jiyeon blinked but nodded. "Okay. I'll ask Jihyun unnie for them, I think she would have those. Please wait for a moment." she slipped out of the door, not bothering to lock it behind her.
 
Somehow it didn't feel as if they were imprisoned there, but at the same time the wolves didn't feel like running away either. They knew Hoya would be able to get them back, and Miyoung would still undergo the transformation.
 
"You're lucky, Chansik oppa. Jiyeon allows you to go for a walk." Kyungmi commented wistfully.
 
"You got your share too yesterday." Gongchan shrugged. "So let me have mine."
 
Changjo chuckled and shook his head at Kyungmi when she wanted to say more. "Don't. He wants time with her. Alone." he whispered.
 
Kyungmi's eyes widened and she let out an amused giggle.
 
Jiyon soon returned with the things Gongchan requested, and both of them went out of the room to the first level. Jiyeon passed him the things. "So uh...you want to change into them?" she asked uncertainly. "It would be a little tight but may....be you can fit." she said unsurely.
 
Gongchan let out a laugh. "You think I want to wear them?" he chuckled. "No. You're supposed to wear them!"
 
Jiyeon blinked at him in confusion and he just shrugged. "I don't want to stroll alone. So wear them and the sun can't hurt you. Oh, and find an opaque umbrella just in case."
 
Jiyeon stared at him and he gave her a playful push. She glanced at him unsurely, but she went to change. She soon returned with an umbrella, covered head to toe in this large coat and looking like some sort of soy.
 
Her cheeks pinked when she caught him looking at her amusedly. "I look ridiculous. I should change." she mumbled.
 
Gongchan grabbed her hand and shook his head. "We have to go out into the sun. Don't you ever wonder how things look like when it's day? I know you female vampires don't go out often in the day even in your bat form."
 
Jiyeon hesitated for a not and Gongchan used the chance to drag her to the door. He flung the door opened and she let out a squeal, immediately dodging behind him.
 
She blinked when she didn't feel her skin burning and opened an eye. Gongchan had already opened the umbrella in front of her face.
 
"Come on. Let's go." Gongchan pulled her along, making sure to cover her entirely with the umbrella. Jiyeon followed along, her sister's coat a little too long and she tried to walk without tripping.
 
She felt the air heat up around her because of the sun, and she peeked out of the sunglasses. The day was bright and sunny. Just, beautiful.
 
Jiyeon gazed at the pretty garden that they had, in which she never had a chance to look at in the day without burning herself.
 
Even though she had to be covered from head to toe, the feeling of being out there in the outside was indescribable. This was one time she really regretted she was a vampire. This was what she had missed, this was what Miyoung would have to miss if she was converted.
 
She smiled at the miracles of nature and felt Gongchan staring at her. She glanced at him, her hearts skipping a beat.
 
"Your eyes." she breathed.
 
Gongchan looked slightly surprised but definitely not shocked. He seemed to have expected it. "Oh, so it's like this." he murmured.
 
Jiyeon swallowed, knowing fully well what the golden eyes meant since the example from Niel and Jihyo.
 
Gongchan was looking at her with utmost tenderness and she really really wanted to throw her arms around him and let him hug her, not thinking about anything else in the world. But...
 
"I can't." Jiyeon whispered, shaking her head and pulling her hand from his grasp.
 
"Wait you don't understand-" Gongchan panicked.
 
"I do." Jiyeon nodded. "I understand what this means. But I can't. You're a wolf and I'm a vampire. We can't."
 
"What about CAP and Jihyun?" Gongchan asked urgently. "Niel and Jihyo? They can and we can't? Why?"
 
Jiyeon closed her eyes momentarily and swallowed. "My morals won't allow me." she murmured. "I can't be a wolf for you, I'd die from the sun. And I don't want you to be a vampire for me because it's just wrong. Please, don't."
 
"Jiyeon..." Gongchan swallowed.
 
"Please. Let's go back." Jiyeon pleaded. "I'm getting a heat from these clothes. Let's go."
 
Gongchan sighed. He knew she was lying. A vampire getting heat ? But he respected her decision, and he knew what she meant. They just weren't meant to be. So why did he have the golden eyes?
 
He trudged back to the room with Jiyeon and for the first time, she locked the door after she left them. And never returned.
 
For the first time, it vaguely resembled being imprisoned.
 
Gongchan sighed as he heard the lock click shut. Changjo looked at him. "Anything wrong?"
 
Gongchan nodded. "Everything."

 

 

 


"Hey hey maknae come!" Jihyun gestured. "Unnie and I have thought of a marvelous plan!"
 
Jiyeon tried to look as light hearted as she could as she walked over to her sisters. "Yeah?"
 
"We've figured out how to keep our relationship with Niel and CAP going." Jihyun grinned. "We'll ask them right away! We'll convert them into vampires together with us!"
 
Jiyeon's eyes widened. "W-What?" she stuttered.
 
"Vampires, Jiyeon!" Jihyo sang. "We can be a happy family of vampires together!! Whoohoooo!"
 
Jiyeon shook her head. No it was wrong. Just wrong.
 
"Hey maknae, maybe you can ask Gongchan if he wants to turn into a  vamp like us." Jihyun suggested as she wriggled her eyebrows suggestively. "Then you two can be together forever!"
 
Jiyeon took a step away from her sisters, shaking her head.
 
"Why not, Jiyeon?" Jihyo asked, puzzled. She thought it was the best idea.
 
Jiyeon let out a single tear. "I can't."