That Night

Mating Seasons: Blood Transformation II

That day when Hoya was out again, heading towards the werewolf den, he didn't notice someone following behind him. Sunggyu made sure to hide behind trees as he followed where Hoya went.

Hoya flew high in the sky while Sunggyu made sure to fly just below the canopy of the trees so that Hoya wouldn't notice him. It was difficult to fly under the canopy because he had to dark the branches and trees very often, and at the same time keep track of where Hoya was going.

Sunggyu had no idea where Hoya was heading to. BUt he did know that this dongsaeng was acting strangely for too long. He had to known what was happening.

Even though he didn't look like it, he was concerned.

Sunggyu followed Hoya along for few miles until Hoya finally stopped at this gigantic tree. Sunggyu perched himself on a branch of one of the trees near by and watched. He watched as Hoya hopped down the tree and to the ground, scuttling about, picking leaves away from this particular spot.

Sunggyu blinked in surprise. There was a hole.

Hoya didn't hesitate to dart into the hole and Sunggyu frowned. What was that guy doing?

He waited a bit and looked around, but Hoya didn't appear anywhere. If that hole wasn't a tunnel, it was just a hole? So HOya just went into that hole to sleep all day? That sounded unlikely.

Sunggyu flew to the hole and noticed that it was indeed a tunnel, but where did it lead to?

He hesitated for a bit, before plunging in as well. It went on for around 100m, and Sunggyu assumed it was dug by Hoya because he could see wing and teeth marks here and there. Not a hole by rodents or any of the likes.

He finally reached the other end of the hole, wondering why he didn't see Hoya come out of the other end when it was only 100m away. When he had been on that tree, he should have been able to see where Hoya had come out from the tunnel.

But when Sunggyu came out from that tunnel, he knew. He wasn't in any part of the forest at all, he was in a villge, a community. He was in the werewolf den.

Sunggyu's heart was thumping hard in his chest as he took it all in. This was where they had been looking and furiously searching for for such a long time and finally they've found it.

No not they. Hoya. Hoya found it. But Hoya didn't tell, and Hoya kept it from them.

The more Sunggyu thought about it, the more angry he felt. He caught a glimpse of black wings at the corner and followed after Hoya. His speed was much faster and he quickly caught up, and to his surprise he saw Hoya spying on this female wolf outside her window. What in the world?

"Hoya." Sunggyu hissed.

Hoya snapped his head towards the familiar voice and his heart sank. Uh-oh.

 

 

 

"Why the hell didn't you tell us that you had found where the werewolves were living?" Sunggyu demanded. "Why didn't you tell us immediately? Did you even have any intention to tell us? Why were you spying on that female wolf?"

Sunggyu had manhandled...no uh bat-handled Hoya, forcing him back to the Vampire complex with him. The other vampires were surprised when they saw their leader returning with Hoya, his eyes stormy and looking absolutely pissed.

The first thing Sunggyu had said when he returned was, "We've found the werewolf den." The vamps wanted to cheer but decided against it, there was obviously something else, judging from Hoya's expression.

"Hoya found it for some time, but he didn't tell us." Sunggyu hissed, his eyes narrowed. "Why?"

There were gasps around and Hoya's sisters were surprised. "Oppa? You found the werewolf den? Why didn't you tell us?" Jiyeon asked, speaking up for once. Dongwoo nodded. "Yeah why?"

"And what's that about a female wolf?" Woohyun tended to focus on the wrong things in the conversation though.

Hoya gulped. Eotteohke? And how was he going to help Miyoung? He would die if she was harmed in any way.

"I found it several days ago." Hoya told them. "But I didn't tell you guys. Because I don't want you guys to hurt the wolves." he said bravely.

There were gasps. Why? "The werewolves are our enemies for a long time." L frowned. "Why don't you want to hurt them?"

Jihyun glanced at Sunggyu's absolutely furious expression and feared for her brother. "I think Oppa's just too soft hearted to hurt anyone else, right?" she laughed nervously. "Oppa didn't mean it, he would have told us once he thought through it." she reasoned.

Hoya wanted to protest and Jihyun kicked his shin hard, shooting a "I'm-trying-to-save-you" look. But he didn't need saving, Miyoung did.

"Aww man you're such a softie!" Sungyeol guffawed. "Can't imagine from those muscles, really." he eyed Hoya's arm.

Sungjong looked at Sunggyu. "So what now that we've found the den?" he asked, curious. The focus had always been on finding the den, and nothing else after. The maknae had no clue.

"We attack." Sunggyu's voice resonated through the place even though he didn't talk very loudly. He glared at Hoya intensely. "Because you didn't tell us about this sooner, you're not included in this mission. I doubt you're heartless enough to do this, Hoya." he growled.

Hoya paled. Oh no, they were going to harm Miyoung!

"You three," Sunggyu glared at the triplet sisters. "Take care of your brother while we attack. We'll bring back the good news and you don't let your brother away. Infinite, let's go." he said coldly.

The Infinite members nodded and followed, throwing Hoya sympathetic looks. "Aww man that , you're missing out on all the fun!" Woohyun shook his head regretfully at Hoya.

Hoya gulped. That wasn't fun. They were killing his love.

 

 

 

The three sisters tried to get word out of Hoya about the werewolf village but Hoya didn't respond. He just looked absolutely frightened and worried. "Oppa, is something wrong?" Jiyeon asked. "Do you not want to talk about it?"

Hoya didn't say anything for a while before he suddenly turned to look at them. "Can you girls let oppa go??" he asked. "Please."

Jihyo scratched her head. "But Sunggyu oppa said-"

"There's a girl." Hoya cut her off, he swallowed hard. "There's this girl, this amazing girl. I can't...I can't let her die. I have to save her." he choked.

The girls watched their brother in awe. "A werewolf girl?" Jihyun gasped. "Oppa, you've fallen for a werewolf girl?" Hoya nodded regretfully. "I have to save her, just her. I don't care about the others, but I have to make sure she's safe. Please?"

Jiyeon and Jihyo looked at each other, unsure. Jihyun stepped forward and nodded. "Go, oppa. Save her." she whispered. Hoya heaved a sigh of relief and charged off. "Thanks." he croaked.

Jiyeon and Jihyo gasped and looked at Jihyun questioningly. Jihyun shrugged. "Werewolf or not, it's the girl Oppa loves." she grinned. "Have you even seen Oppa in love before? This is gold."

Hoya on the other hand, had arrived at the werewolf community faster than any of the other Infinite vampires because he was really familiar with the route. He reached in record time and flew to Miyoung's apartment straight. He found her in the room just where he wanted and heaved a sigh of relief.

Hoya flew in front of Miyoung's face and flapped his wings worriedly. "COME WITH ME! COME WITH ME NOW!" he screamed.

Miyoung blinked at the bat. "Is something wrong, Mr Bat?" she asked, sensing the animal's discomfort.

Hoya groaned in frustration. He flew forward and took one of the long ribbon strands in front of Miyoung's shirt in its mouth.

"Hey Mr Bat!" Miyoung frowned, trying to get her ribbon back.

Hoya screamed again."Come with me! Do you want to be killed! Come with me right now!" He squeaked in his bat language which Miyoung didn't understand. "Do you want me to follow you somewhere?" Miyoung asked unsurely.

Hoya tried his best to nod and tugged on her ribbon again. Miraculously, Miyoung followed. Hoya nearly danced in relief but he had to get her out of the place fast. And he knew just the place to send her to.

He brought her to one of the caves he knew that was hidden behind a waterfall. He had found it the other day when he entered the werewolf boundary. Miyoung cooed in appreciation at the beautiful sight and Hoya heaved a sigh of relief. At least she was safe.

He watched as her face lit up at the view and his heart gave an excited squeeze. *Everything's worth it for her.*

-----------

He waited with her for a few hours until the restless Miyoung wanted to go. Hoya immediately flew to block her path because he wasn't sure if his vampire friends were still attacking the village.

It was fruitless though, how could a mere bat block a wolf? And Hoya wasn't about to give his identity away by changing into a vampire.

It was then that this brown wolf charged into the cave, running towards Miyoung and at the same time changing back into his human form. It was Chunji. Hoya frowned, how did Chunji know where Miyoung was? And aish why didn't his friends just kill this guy off for him.

Chunji pulled Miyoung into his arms and buried his face in her hair once he reached her. "Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh." he panted heavily, evidently running the whole way. Miyoung looked confused but she patted his arm soothingly.

Hoya flinched at the scene.

Chunji filled Miyoung on the details of the attack and Hoya felt slightly guilty at the terror his friends had caused. And the worst thing happened.

Chunji admitted that he loved Miyoung. And darn it, Miyoung told him that she loved him too.

Hoya watched with a sinking heart as they closed the distance with their eyes burning brightly golden, sealing their promise with a kiss. Hoya quickly flew away, his heart bursting in pain.

All that he had done, going against his friends for her and she didn't know about him. It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair!

"!" Hoya screamed into the night, flying away.