I Won't Let You

Mating Seasons: Blood Transformation II

Hoya sighed and sauntered to his room that night. It was night and the time when vampires were up and about, but Hoya didn't have the mood to.
 
He sat on his bed and stared at the large bedroom that seemed to stretch for miles and miles, epitome of luxury and comfort.
 
Miyoung didn't want all these. She was giving everything up for Chunji.
 
Hoya felt desperate, frustrated, angry. And he knew what Chunji had said was true, he didn't have Miyoung's love. But wasn't he trying to get it now?
 
He wanted her so so badly. He didn't even think it was possible for him to love a woman this deeply but his heart proved it possible.
 
As much as he wanted her, he really didn't like seeing her walk into the transformation while crying for Chunji. It would kill him.
 
He sat there for a few minutes, which turned into hours, and he heard his sisters preying for nocturnal animals out in the woods.
 
Why was it that they could find love when they didn't expect it? Why was it that he couldn't get love when he so dearly wanted it?
 
A little sob made Hoya snap put of his reverie. He blinked as he heard a soft sniffle, a few moments of silence, before another sob broke the silence of the night.
 
Hoya felt his brotherly instincts flare in attention. He knew who it was crying, somehow, and it disturbed him greatly because she wasn't the type to cry.
 
Hoya strode out of the room in big strides, only stopping in front of Jiyeon's bedroom and leaning in to listen.
 
His brotherly instincts were accurate, extremely so. He was right, Jiyeon was the one crying.
 
Hoya couldn't help but worry a tinge more when Jiyeon was sad because that girl took everything in her stride. She would be positive and look on the bright side of things while analyzing the situation realistically. She was quiet but sweet, thoughtful and caring. A perfect sister.
 
She never gave him any cause to worry. Jihyun wrecked havoc wherever she went because she loved fun and was willing to take risks. Jihyo wrecked havoc too but only because she was too blur all the time and caused trouble.
 
But Jiyeon, she was the one who acted beyond her age, the one who thought before she acted, the one who would never find herself doing something she might regret because she would have thought a lot about it before acting.
 
This Jiyeon, when she cried, it made Hoya doubly afraid.
 
He knocked on the door lightly and he heard the cries falter to a few sniffles,  and an awful croak which he identified as Jiyeon's sounded. "Yeah?"
 
"Jiyeon, let me in." Hoya murmured soothingly. "Please?"
 
There came a moment's of hesitation as she wondered if she should let him in, and then she considered how he would have the strength to break the door, and besides she never kept anything from him.
 
She shuffled over to the door and pulled it opened, and saw Hoya's eyes widened as he settled his gaze on her swollen puffy eyes. Just how long had she been crying till he noticed?
 
"Oh Jiyeon." Hoya crashed her into his embrace and patted her head soothingly. At his comfort, it jerked tears from her eyes and Jiyeon found herself crying once more.
 
Hoya frowned and just rubbed her back, wondering what had happened to the wise one of his sisters.
 
She finally stopped a few moments later and Hoya made her sit on the couch beside her. He cocked his head to the side and studied her expression. "So?"
 
Jiyeon avoided his gaze and stared at her hands. "Can I not say?"
 
"Jiyeon." Hoya sighed. "I understand if you don't want to but you can't just cry like this and not want me to worry. What happened? You know I won't judge and I believe in your ability to solve whatever it is. But it would feel better for you to speak about it wouldn't it?"
 
Jiyeon bit her lip, hesitating. She swallowed and closed her eyes, the grief spreading to every cell of her body. "Today Gongchan had his golden eyes." she whispered.
 
Hoya quickly connected the dots since he couldn't have had had it for Mihye when she was already L.Joe's mate. His eyes widened and he stared at her. He tried to calm himself and cleared his throat. "And what's the problem? You don't like him back?"
 
Jiyeon shook her head and sniffled. "No. I do." she confessed in a small voice. "But we can't be together."
 
Hoya frowned, not understanding. "But look at your sisters. They're doing fine with their wolf boyfriends and tomorrow they're going to change their boyfriends into wolves. They're going to be happy so what's wrong?"
 
Jiyeon shook her head. "Everything." she whispered. "Oppa, you may be able to do it. Unnies may be able to do it. But I can't." she croaked. "It's beyond me."
 
"I don't understand." Hoya admitted.
 
"I think I may love him, I may love Gongchan." Jiyeon whispered. "And because of that, I can't tie him to myself and expect myself to be happy when I see him staring out of the window at the sun. I can't take away his identity, I can't take away who he's born to be. He has a right to that."
 
Hoya blinked, listening closely.
 
"He's a wolf, oppa. I'm a vampire. I can't live with him because I'll die in his society full of sun. He'll die if he lives here in this house with no sun." Jiyeon shrugged. "Don't you see? Wolves and vampires aren't meant to be. We can't."
 
"That's why I have to let him go." Jiyeon whispered brokenly.
 
Hoya listened, gulping hard and his mind working overtime as he tried to digest Jiyeon's point of view. It made sense, no. It made more than sense.
 
It was the reason for her actions and it was perfectly justified. She loved him, that was why she let him go.
 
"Oppa." Jiyeon looked at him. "I think you should let go of Miyoung too. Even if you convert her, if she manages to fall for you instead of Chunji, you'll still find yourself regretting everytime her eyes trail to the windows. You'll die inside, oppa."
 
Hoya stood up shakily. "I Uhm..."
 
"You can leave me alone, oppa. I feel better after talking about it." Jiyeon murmured. "Please think about what I've said. If you love her, let her go."
 
Hoya almost ran out of his sister's room as he was overwhelmed by her wisdom and love.
 
What should he do now?

 

 


Changjo and Kyungmi looked at Gongchan and Jiyeon who was sitting at opposite ends of the room.
 
Jiyeon was doing everything to avoid Gongchan's gaze and the latter was doing everything to make her look at him.
 
Just what happened between them?
 
Just then, a loud slam of the door was heard that jerked all of them our of their individual trances. "FINE! You heartless jerk!" They heard Jihyun screaming.
 
Jiyeon frowned, setting down her book and opening the door to find out what happened. Jihyun rushed in at the last moment and stormed about the room, obviously shaken and furious.
 
"Unnie. What happened?" Jiyeon asked, frowning.
 
Jihyun took few deep breaths before speaking. "I asked CAP if he would change into a vampire to be with me. It's just tonight! If he changes we can be together forever!"
 
"But no!" Jihyun fumed. "He says he loves me but no he couldn't do that. He says we'll find a way to keep the relationship going without having him change. What bull!"
 
Jiyeon sighed and shook her head. "You can't expect him to change because of you, Unnie. That's who he is." she reasoned.
 
Jihyun rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I just...how in the world are we going to sustain the relationship if I can only go out at night and that's when he's asleep?" she muttered. "I don't know, maybe we aren't meant to be."
 
The wolves listened, sorry for the situation for CAP. Gongchan gazed at Jiyeon, knowing that this was her reason for not responding to his feelings.
 
But that meant she cared right? Because she cared of his welfare instead of just her own.
 
"I wonder how Jihyo's talk with Niel went." Jihyun muttered.
 
She was soon answered when there came another slam of the door and they heard Jihyo crying as she ran down the corridor.
 
"I guess we have the answer." Jihyun mumbled. "I'll go see to her. She isn't as strong as I am." she hurried out of the door.
 
"I'll go with you." Jiyeon nodded, rushing after her sister. Gongchan rushed to stop her, grabbing onto her wrist.
 
"Wait." Gongchan pleaded. "I want to talk."
 
Jiyeon swallowed. "I'm sorry but I-"
 
"What if I'm willing?" Gongchan cut in, staring into her eyes sincerely. Jiyeon blinked in confusion.
 
"What if I'm willing to transform?" Gongchan asked. "What if I'm willi g to convert into a vampire? Would you be with me?" he pleaded.
 
Jiyeon looked absolutely shocked and Kyungmi and Changjo stared at each other in shock. "Gongchan..."
 
"You don't understand what you're talking about-" Jiyeon tried saying.
 
"I do." Gongchan shook his head stubbornly. "I'm saying, what if I'm willing to covert into a vampire like you? Will you be with me?"
 
Jiyeon stared at him, her heart racing madly in her chest. She slowly disentangled her hand from his and shook her head.
 
"I appreciate it, Gongchan. But I can't. I won't let you."