Falling in love

Mating Seasons: Blood Transformation II

Hoya found himself thinking about that strange werewolf girl more than considered healthy. He didn't even regard a single female in that way before and his recent obssession with Miyoung was making him slightly unsettled.

His sisters too realized there was something wrong with him but they didn't know waht exactly happened, since Hoya wouldn't tell. Jihyun had suggested the possibility of their dear brother falling in love and Jihyo immediately brushed it off.

Hoya barely looked at other female vampires out there, who could he possibly fall in love with?

On the other hand the Infinite Vampires continued with their search for the werewolf den and Hoya found himself directing them in the opposite direction to where the den actually was. He would suggest for them to splilt up and he would cover the area where the den lied, making sure no other vampire would find out where the werewolves lived.

He didn't know why he did it. No, actually he did know.

He did know that he had formed a certain attachment to this particular female wolf and he couldn't bear for her to be hurt. He knew his vampire friends too well, especially the leader.

Once Sunggyu found the werewolves, he wouldn't hesitate to kill all of them in the most gruesome method. And he pained him even thinking the possibility of Miyoung getting a cut on her hand.

Damn, he was sappy.

Hoya had managed to find a way to sneak into the werewolf den each day without having his wings torn off like the first time. He didn't use brutal force to sneak into the place, because he realized that if he approached it slowly, the pain wouldn't be that bad. But it was still bad though.

Hoya dug a tunnel metres from that giant significant tree till where it passed the invisible barrier. And then he could dart underground for a few metres and he'd manage to get into the werewolf village.

Hoya returned to Miyoung's house day after day. Sometimes, Miyoung would notice him and she'd smile, opening the window for him to come in and she'd talk to him as if he was a friend. He liked the feeling when she looked at him, those large brown orbs of hers twinkling and glimmering.

If she didn't notice him or was too preoccupied, Hoya would hide somewhere behind the walls and watch as she went about her business.

He had gone there enough times to actually figure out Miyoung's lifestyle. She went to school together with her mate in the morning, returned around late 4-5pm and would take a bath immediately. She usually yelled at her mate if he jumped onto bed without bathing first and Hoya enjoyed the moments immensely.

He found that her surname was Park, and much to his mortification, she was the next-in-line leader for the Park Pack. If Sunggyu managed to find these werewolves, Miyoung would be one of the first wolves he would kill. And Hoya would never allow that to happen.

He too found out that her mate was Lee Chanhee, also known as Chunji who was the next-in-line leader for the Lee Pack. Hoya didn't like that guy, he was too pretty to be considered a guy.

His eyes were so large it was disturbing, seriously. Hoya could hardly imagine a guy who was prettier than their maknae Sungjong and Chunji just proved all his theories wrong.

Most importantly, he didn't like how Chunji was the one who could hug and kiss Miyoung as and when he liked to. It seemed like an awful privilege and Hoya would give anything to feel those warm luscious pulsing lips against his.

"Why hello Mr Bat." Miyoung smiled at him and opened the window again. Hoya hopped into the familar bedroom and was thankful that Chunji was nowhere to spoil the alone time he had with this marvellous woman. s would laugh at him for responding to such a retarded name.  I mean, Mr Bat? Retarded much?

But still Miyoung assumed he was a harmless animal hence the cutesy name, and he didn't mind because she gave it to him.

Hoya rested on her desk against her digital alarm clock and looked at her curiously. Her kind eyes always glimmered in the sun and Hoya loved the way she smiled. Damn, he was really getting sappy.

"What brings you here again, Mr Bat?" Miyoung mused. She was writing some sort of assignment and it was pretty interesting to Hoya that the werewolves had education. The Vampires hardly bothered about anything like that.

"You're coming here almost everyday, Mr bat." Miyoung chuckled. "Won't your Mrs Bat and baby bats miss you?" she teased lightly.

Hoya made a face but she didn't see. Please, there wasn't an almost about things. He was there every single day, just that she didn't notice him on some. And please, like any of the other female bats were worth his second glance.

"You better make sure you spend time with your Mrs Bat, you know." Miyoung continued. "I wouldn't like it if Lee Chanhee keeps turning into a wolf and spending time with another girl or something." she muttered. She caught herself and shook here head, laughing to herself. "Park Miyoung, you're acting as if you love him." she mused.

Hoya listened in interest. He learnt that werewolf mates were recognised through the Urges or the Golden Eyes symptom, but that didn't necessarily mean the mates loved each other. It seemed Miyoung might not be emotionally attached to her mate just yet.

Albeit she thought about him quite a bit, that rascal Chunji. When she babbled on to him, most of it was about Lee Chanhee this Lee Chanhee that, and Hoya would have wanted to rip that mouth off her if not for the fact that he so wanted to kiss it.

The front door opened and Hoya sensed Chunji's presence. He cursed inwardly, that male wolf was back earlier than usual.

He hopped onto the window sill and turned back to look at Miyoung. Miyoung chuckled. "You're going again? I swear, it's like you dislike Lee Chanhee or something, Mr Bat." she giggled softly.

*Darn right.* Hoya thought, flapping his wings. He pretended to fly away, but in the end he hung upside down on the roof, watching Miyoung. Chunji burst into the room and immediately tackled Miyoung with a huge hug. "MIYOUNG~" he sang, breathing into her hair. "I missed you!"

Miyoung pinked, but she slapped his arm playfully. "Aish, you smelly thing." she pretended to hold her nose. Chunji chuckled and unwrapped his arms around her. "Arraso, you always complain. But I see no reason to, I'm a nice smelling wolf." he pointed to himself.

Miyoung laughed and Chunji smiled, leaning down to peck her lips. "Wait for me, I'll go bathe and we can watch that show together." he gave her one last affectionate look before darting into the bathroom.

Miyoung stared as he went and unconsciously let out a small dreamy sigh. Hoya frowned at that. She hadn't verbally admitted to him that she loved Chunji..but could she be developing feelings for him?

 

 

 

The next day when he came back to the werewolf village, it seemed Chunji and Miyoung were having a little argument about something. "Are you sure you should do this?" Chunji frowned. He looked like boiling in anger inside and was trying to keep it in desperately.

Miyoung bit her lip and nodded. She had put on a simple light pink woolen sweater dress and her hair was held up in a cute bun. She sighed and looked at Chunji. "I can't not go, Lee Chanhee." she murmured. "He's my best friend after all."

Hoya listened in and learnt that Gongchan had invited Miyoung out on a date. He frowned. Who the hell was Gongchan? Did he like Miyoung as well? If so, then yes Hoya hates this Gongchan as well.

"But I really can't say no." Miyoung muttered. "He sort of used our friendship to threaten me into going." she admitted. "And anyway, if I just go out with him, he'll find that actually I'm not what he thinks I am and lose interest in me." she said hopefully.

"Miyoung..." Chunji frowned, still disapproving.

Miyoung slumped. "I know. I have to tell him to give up. Again." she muttered. "But it hurts to say it to your best friend you know?"

Chunji pulled her to him and let her hug his waist since he was standing and she was sitting. He sighed deeply. "Since he's your best friend, then you should make it clear as fast as possible. You don't want him to waste his time." he muttered.

Miyoung nodded and smiled softly. "Arraso." she nodded. "FIGHTING!" she cheered.

Chunji chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Fighting Park Miyoung!"

Hoya watched as Miyoung left with a bright smile on her face, looking completely endearing. Chunji's eyes watched Miyoung as she went, looking like he was completely reluctant to let her away from his side. Hoya could understand that completely. A girl like that, who would want her to leave?

He watched as Chunji paced around the room anxiously, muttering to himself a string of curse words that usually started with the name of Gongchan. Hoya too felt a little unsettled. Chunji was enough, but another Gongchan going after Miyoung? He didn't like that.

Which was how he waited there as well, waiting for Miyoung to return.

Chunji had been waiting for a few hours before he finally fell asleep on the couch. Hoya scoffed at the wolf's lack of dedication. If Miyoung was his girlfriend on a date with some other guy, he'd never fall asleep while waiting.

Miyoung finally came home, the look on her face unreadable. Once her eyes settled upon Chunji, she softened and a small smile came onto her face.

She went to get a blanket and covered Chunji with it. She sat down beside him and watched him sleep.

Her eyes landed on Chunji's hand and she gently reached out to pluck it from him. She opened his palms on her lap and fitted her hand in his. Hoya watched, wondering what she was doing. Why was she holding his hand?

She looked at him closely and softly brushed his hair. She pressed a kiss on his cheeks and Hoya looked away. How he wished he could be Chunji right there. He watched as her eyes widen and she lasped into silence for a quite a bit. She was staring off to space.

Hoya decided to make his presence known and he rattled at the windows, making Miyoung look up.

Miyoung got up to open the windows and Hoya flew in the settle on the window sill. "Are you hurt again?" she asked worriedly. When she inspected Hoya and saw that he was alright, she smiled. "So I guess you missed me?" she chuckled. Hoya gave a small nod. *Darn right.*

Hoya turned to look at Chunji for a bit and back at her, silently voicing his question. What was she doing?

Miyoung smiled softly. "That's my mate. Lee Chanhee." she whispered. "Annoying, irritating, the guy with the most serious prince syndrome I've ever seen." she giggled. Hoya snorted, that didn't sound like a marvelous guy.

Miyoung looked at him. "And I think I love him, Mr bat." she looked lost as she turned to look at Chunji. "And it kind of hurts because although he's by my side, he's only here because of lust and his responsibility as a mate. Love doesn't come to any part of it."

Hoya felt something stabbing at his chest. DAMN, she loved that wolf? Why? Why couldn't she love him instead? *That's because she thinks you're a bat, you idiot.* Hoya scolded himself. He felt like his heart was torn to pieces and he desperately wanted it to be all false.

He didn't have time to dwell on his feelings just then because he heard it. Screeching.

His bat senses sensed how his companions were nearing this place and he immediately grew alert. He cursed to himself, it was late. They must have been worried and went out to look for him and now they might really tumble into this place.

Hoya quickly flapped his wings and left Miyoung who was still in deep thought. He flew to that giant tree and darted through the underground tunnel, bursting out on the other side and racing to meet his friends.

He nearly collided with Woohyun who had been speeding towards his direction. Woohyun let out a sigh of relief. "Oh my gosh, Hoya!"

The other Infinite bats surrounded him, expressing his worry. Sunggyu raised a sceptical brow. It wasn't like Hoya to be late, and this was one of the consecutive nights he had been late from their search of the werewolf den.

"I dozed off." Hoya fibbed. "Sorry for letting you guys worry."

The Infinite vampires shook their heads and told him to be careful as they flew back to the Vampire Complex together. And it was then in the middle of flying that Hoya realized, his heart skipping a beat.

He had fallen in love with the werewolf, Park Miyoung.

 

-----

hey :)

 Some of you were asking how Hoya managed to get past the barrier if there were garlic and stuff. 

Rmember in the prequel I mentioned that the garlic is on the top of the boundary so bats can't fly in from the top. 

So when Hoya slammed himself at the wall of the border, there weren't garlic. Just needed sheer force to overcome the resistance. :)

 

 

OH MY GOD. OHHHH MYYY GODDDD.

ASJHLSLKGJSLKGJKSDFHKDSJHF!!!! I can't believe it! I'm featured again!

Shinee-KeyTaeminhappyhug.gif

I have to say I really am shocked and pleasantly surprised! I was out studying and when I returned home, got out my iPod to get onto AFF, I was a little surprised at the number of friend requests and wallposts.

And then there were people congratulating me on getting featured and I just thought it was because of "My Princess Bodyguard" from last week.

And then I scrolled down and there were people saying two weeks in a row and I didn't really get it.

Until I got to the front page and saw "The Dull One" on the right there! OH MY GOD!!!!!!

I really didn't expect getting featured again, immediately! Thank you guys so much! I can't even....I can't even find the words to say! I'm just shocked and delighted!

tumblr_m7f35jlvD61rt7tryo4_250.giftumblr_m7f35jlvD61rt7tryo4_250.giftumblr_m7f35jlvD61rt7tryo4_400.giftumblr_m2f0lpGoMA1rtz32xo1_500.gif

I'm really regretful that to this happy news, I bring sad ones to you guys.

1taemin1.jpg?w=320&h=180&h=180

My exams are starting on Monday, and these are the most important exams of my life. Seriously.

I have to do well, and I'll be in the exam hall most of the time etc etc. So yeah you can imagine, I won't be able to update often.

I'll be updating once a week from now onwards, till 28 November for my last paper. (On that day I won't be either, I'll be out partying xD)

tumblr_m8ahs3EDV81r765gl.gif

I really really really appreciate this second feature.

Thank you guys so so so sooooo much for this. Especially since The Dull One only has 10 chapters to date (now 11) and you guys made it to the top! I'm absolutely delighted!

I'm just one seventh into the fic, I haven't even really started! Oh gosh.

Thank you thank you thank you.

tumblr_m8eijmIcFx1rp1i2ro1_500.gif

I can never say it enough.

THANK YOU!