Almost

Mating Seasons: Blood Transformation II

 

Hoya frowned as two of his sisters broke down into tears.

"Hey hey, what's wrong." Hoya wrapped his arms around both their shoulders as they cried. He was surprised even Jihyun cried and he had no idea what all this was about. "Something happened?"

"No. Something that was supposed to happen isn't going to happen, that's why we're crying." Jihyun muttered, wiping away the darn scandalous tears in a horrified manner, as if she was traumatized that she even let herself get affected by it all.

Hoya looked positively confused and Jihyo sighed against his shoulder. "We talked to them today." she mumbled in a soft voice. "They didn't want to."

It took a few seconds for him to finally realize what they were saying, and Hoya blinked. "You mean the wolves.."

"Niel oppa said he loved me but he wasn't about to give up his wolf status." Jihyo muttered. "He said he was born a wolf so he would die a wolf. He agreed with CAP, saying there was a way for us to sustain the relationship."

"That's where they're wrong." Jihyun shook her head. "How in the world can we sustain the relationship like this? It's barely been a week and we've only been together for a few days. How is that going to be able to withstand the obstacles of a long distance relationship?"

Hoya sighed and patted both their heads. "Perhaps the wolves aren't the ones for you?" he suggested.

Both Jihyun and Jihyo shook their heads and wailed. "No no! We've never felt anything like this for any other vampire or guy. We are positive they are the ones in our lives." they admitted.

"Maybe you can force them to change?" Hoya asked. "They'll see the reasoning behind your actions someday."

Jiyeon immediately spoke up even though she had sworn not to. "You can't." she cut in sternly. "You can't force them to do something they don't want to. Even if the vampire venom makes them infatuated with you such that they forget the sins you've commited on them, it's still wrong. You can't." she insisted.

"Jiyeon, I know this is your point of view, but maybe it's the key to happiness for you sisters!" Hoya exclaimed. "Don't you want them happy?"

Jiyeon sniffled. "Yes I do. But you can't only consider their happiness. What about Niel and CAP's happiness?" she asked. "Unnies, please don't do this. You'll regret it someday, I assure you. Wolves and vampires aren't meant to be, just give it up." she convinced.

"But I love him!" Jihyo wailed.

"Aish." Jihyun wiped the tears away furiously, trying hard not to break down into tears again.

Jiyeon sighed and shook her head. She turned to her brother seriously. "Oppa I wasn't going to say anything about this, but I find myself unable to keep quiet about it any longer." she murmured. "Please don't force Miyoung to undergo the transformation. Don't force our lives on her, oppa. She's never going to be happy. She loves Chunji."

Hoya flinched. "But don't you see that's the only way I can rid of him because of this werewolf mate tie between them. The vampire venom can cut the ties and bond her to me, she'll love me not him!"

"Are you sure?" Jiyeon asked. "Because even if the ties are broken, it only means Chunji doesn't have a responsibility over Miyoung and vice versa. If her heart is his, it would most slightly remain as his. If you love her, you shouldn't force her to do this. You should do everything you can to make her happy, even if ti means you've got to give her up."

"Give up?" Jihyun and Jihyo echoed. They sat there pondering about their next step, while Hoya rubbed his temples.

"BUt I love her." Hoya murmured. Jiyeon nodded. "I know. But love isn't always fair, oppa. Even if you manage to keep her by your side, you'll find that you'll never be happy because you know it very well that if she had stayed a wolf, she would remain with Chunji. Not you."

"Please don't do this, oppa." Jiyeon pleaded. "I love you, and I know it's going ot hurt you in the future. Please don't."

 

 

 

Hoya thought about Jiyeon's words as he stared at Miyoung and Chunji. They were whispering and crying together, sharing their last moment. The other wolves were gathered in the large hall as they waited for midnight to strike and Hoya would bite into Miyoung to transfer the venom.

CAP tried to talk to Jihyun but she made sure to keep far far away from him, only sending him glares when she felt like it. Niel kept trying to talk to Jihyo but she would burst into tears every one in a while, making conversation an impossible task.

The rest of the wolf couples were shivering as they waited for midnight. They hoped it would never come and Miyoung couold remain as wolf for the rest of her life. That they could return to their normal lives and live happily forever. Was that so difficult?

"What time is it?" Ricky whispered. "Can't someone stop time right now?" he asked desperately.

Jaemi sighed. "It's 11:30pm. Another half an hour." she swallowed. "I can't believe the whole lot of us came to save her and in the end three got their heart brokened, and a couple is broken up as one of them turns into a vampire. Damn."

"When he bites her, turn away." L.Joe instructed Mihye softly. "I don't want you to see this, nor our child. Hmm?"

Mihye sighed and nodded against his shoulder. "Is there really nothing we can do, Byunghun oppa? I don't want Miyoung to become a vampire." she muttered. "It's going to hurt the entire werewolf colony so bad."

Changjo wrapped his arms around Kyungmi. "Are you okay?" he whispered.

Kyungmi looked at him with empty eyes. "One week passed so quickly." she murmured. "I wish this day never came. I dont' want to lost my best friend. I'll miss her so so much."

Time was ticking away and the time for Miyoung's transformation was inching nearer and nearer. Chunji held her tightly, never wanting to let go as he closed his eyes, memorising her scent.

"When I become vampire, will you still love me, Chanhee oppa?" Miyoung whispered.

Chunji frowned at her. "You won't, Miyoung. When he unties us to change you, I'll kick his and save us out of here." he half-smiled. "Oh?"

Miyoung didn't find the heart to laugh at her words. "I don't see the future destiny changing for me any time soon, Chanhee oppa." she murmured. "Despite all hopes, I think I might really change. Will you love me?"

Chunji crashed her body towards his and a tear trickled down his cheek as he buried his face in her hair. "I will, no matter what happens. Don't forget me, don't lose your feelings for me even if you change, Miyoung." he pleaded. "I don't think I can bear it if you forgot me. We'll show him nothing will change even if you're vampire and your heart still belongs to me."

Nodding into his embrace, Miyoung let out a sob. She would remember him with every fibre of her being, but would the vampire venom allow her to do so?

Hoya watched the couple and Jiyeon's words replayed over and over in his mind. If you love her, you've got ot let her go.

Did he have to?

But if he really gave her up, was Chunji good enough for her?

"Lee Chanhee." Hoya spoke, gaining all attention in the world. "I'll not go ahead with the tranformation on one condition." he suddenly declared.

All eyes fixed on him and they widened. "You won't change Miyoung?" Chunji gasped. "Spill, what's the condition? I agree." he agreed hastily. Miyoung frowned at him and shook her head. "You don't even know what it is."

"Whatever it is, I agree." Chunji nodded. "Just speak."

Hoya watched the two of them. "I'll let her go if you manage to live after my attacks."

"What attac-"

Hoya suddenly sprinted across the room, appearing as a blur to the rest of the wolves as he flung Chunji against the wall. His back collided hard against the wall and he flinched, feeling new bruises forming. "What the-"

"I said if you manage to live after my attacks, I'll let Miyoung go." Hoya hissed, throwing Chunji against another wall again. Chunji slid down the wall, his back hurting madly and all he wanted to do was go for a SPA to cure his injury.

"Okay. Do whatever you want." Chunji offered, standing up shakily. "Just don't change her."

"Chanhee oppa!" Miyoung shook her head in pain.

Hoya growled at her concern for him, and aimed a punch in Chunji's abdomen. Chunji dodged his attack but didn't manage to avoid another kick from the back. He felt on one knee on the floor and he cursed when he felt the violent impact as he dropped to the ground. It hurt a damn lot.

"Get up. You can't die or I'll change her." Hoya warned. Time was ticking as this processed, ten minutes before midnight.

CHunji quickly scrambled up and was only knocked down again as Hoya charged at him, punching him hard in the gut. Miyoung was crying loudly and the rest of the wolves shouting for him to stop. "Don't do this! YOu'll kill him! Take me, take me please!" Miyoung pleaded.

Jiyeon watched in horror and she didn't understand what her brother was doing? Didn't he listen to her?

Chunji groaned loudly as he fell onto the ground as Hoya flung him across his shoulder. It hurt madly, from head to toe. There wasn't one part of him that didn't hurt and Hoya's attacks had only lasted for a minute.

"Ten more minutes, survive this and I won't change MIyoung." Hoya growled. "Stand up."

And that was how Chunji kept standing and was knocked down again and again, feeling weaker and weaker and nearer to succumbing to eternal sleep. Hoya watched as Chunji finally laid on the ground, not able to get up again and he coughed out blood.

"Stand up, Lee Chanhee. One more minute, if you don't stand, I'll change her." Hoya warned.

Chunji looked absolutely desperate and he tried to sit up, only to fall back down. He seemed badly hurt and couldn't even form a reply.

Hoya frowned. "Since you're obviously not good enough for Miyoung, I'll have to end your life because you're a distraction to her." Hoya said monotonously. He reached for a silver knife in his pocket and smirked.

Chunji's eyes widened and he tried to move out of the way as Hoya raised his hands to aim it at the weak wolf.

Just at that instand when Hoya threw the knife, Miyoung threw herself in front of Chunji. Hoya's superior senses gave him time to gasp as he rushed forward in a blur to catch the knife before it killed the woman he loved.

And he caught it.

The tip of the knife just 5mm away from Miyoung's throat, Hoya caught it. Miyoung looked absolutely shocked and she crumpled on the ground beside Chunji.

Almost, just almost.