Discriminated

Mating Seasons: Blood Transformation II

Hoya was so disappointed about what was happening and he circled around the night sky. The first girl he fell in love with and she didn't know he existed. The girl of his dreams loved another guy. Damn. Triple damn.

He neraly forgot about going back to the Vampire complex when he reached the giant tree. He was about to dive into the hole when he saw that the wolves were patrolling around the boundary. He quickly hid behind a tree and spied.

There was no way of him leaving now, because they had closed his tunnel. And he couldn't risk them finding him, he would be killed immediately.

He vaguely wondered where his friends were. They had obviously failed taking down the wolves because the wolves, despite being a little disturbed and unrested, they were obviously alive and kicking. The only consolation was that he knew Miyoung was safe.

Hoya frowned. If his friends hadn't succeeded in their attack, it would mean that they were still stuck in the werewolf den because they couldn't get away.

Hoya thought for a bit and the only place he could think of for them to hide was that cave where he had brought Miyoung to. He had familiarized himself with the werewolf land quite some bit and that was the only possible place.

With that thought in mind, Hoya flew towards the cave quickly. He arrived at the entrance, peering in the darkness of the cave.

"Come in you bastard, before they find us!" someone hissed from inside.

Hoya changed into his vampire form and carefully treaded inside. Sungyeol grabbed him immediately and hugged him. "Man, can't believe we failed!" he frowned.

Hoya looked at them in surprise. "So what happened?" he asked. L shrugged. "Guess seven of us wasn't enough to defeat the entire population of werewolves. There were more wolves than we had estimated." he shrugegd.

"Sunggyu hyung was talking about killing off the leaders first and kill them batch by batch." Sungjong told Hoya.

Dongwoo blinked. "But Hoya, weren't you supposed to be back home?" he scratched his head confusedly. "I thought-"

Sunggyu pushed himself off the wall, wiping the blood on his lips. "Yes Hoya. Why are you here?" he raised his brows menacingly. "If you were here, why didn't we see you helping us defeat the scum wolves just now?" he growled.

Hoya looked right back. "I came to protect one wolf. Just one wolf, hyung." he snarled back. "You can hurt all the others but just don't hurt her."

Woohyun did a double take and he dug his ears carefully. "Wait did I just hear that?" he asked in shock. "HER? HER? OMO OMO!"

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at Hoya. "It's that girl. That female werewolf. You were circling outside her window the other day. She's the reason why you didn't tell us you found the werewolf den isn't she?" he sneered disapprovingly.

Hoya puffed out his chest. "Yes." he bravely admitted. "I love her."

The Infinite boys gasped in surprise and they looked at each other in shock. "Wait hyung." L furrowed his brows, taking it in. "You fell for the girl? You FELL for a female werewolf?" he asked in disbelief.

Hoya nodded, not feeling shy to admit anything at all.

"What the heck! Dude!" Sungyeol gaped. "You fell for a werewolf? What the...I can't even...that's such a...I'm sorry but that's such a disgrace damn it." he cursed.

Sunggyu glowered at Hoya. "I just knew it. I had this feeling something was up." he snarled. "I just never imagined you to stoop so low for a werewolf. You saved her, did you?" he asked. "You escaped from home to help that girl."

Hoya nodded. "I told you, I won't hesitate joining your cause as long as you don't hurt her." he declared. "I will not allow you to hurt Park Miyoung!"

"Wait that sounds.." Sungjong blinked. "Isn't Park Miyoung the Park Leader's daughter?" he asked in surprise. "I was about to search this apartment when one fo the wolves..I think it was the Lee Leader's son...he was going to look for this Park Miyoung girl."

"You went to fall for the next-in-line leader?" Woohyun winced. "Damn it man. YOu do know that we'll kill the leaders off no matter what right?" he asked sarcastically.

Hoya growled, narrowing his eyes at Woohyun. "Don't you dare hurt that girl." he hissed.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. "L, Sungyeol, Dongwoo, tie Hoya up. IMMEDIATELY." he ordered. The three vampires ran to him in a flash and grabbed onto Hoya. Hoya glared at Sunggyu menacingly. "Hyung. What is this?"

Sunggyu paced in front of Hoya. "Don't you even know how you sound like?" he smirked. "You sound pathetic. PATHETIC." he growled. "I don't care if you would join us in exterminating the entire den besides her. You like her, no love her. A vampire in love with a werewolf. I can't accept that Hoya. We can't accept that."

Sunggyu stopped pacing and turned to look at Hoya. "We will not allow you out until you realize your mistake. Take your words back." he sneered. "Because there is NO WAY we would allow any vampire to form relationships with werewolves. UNDERSTAND?"

Hoya spat and rolled his eyes. "So be it."

The Infinite boys shook their heads, disappointed. Hoya didn't care. He stood by his point of view, he was NEVER going to let Miyoung come to any harm.

 

 

 

Hoya watched anxiously as Sungjong flew out of the cave.

The Vampire's initial attack had been a few days ago, and Sunggyu never once let Hoya out of his sight. Some of the other Infinite Vampires had softened towards Hoya, knowing how rare it was that Hoya actually felt something for a girl and having second thoughts about their stand.

They tried putting a good word for Hoya in front of Sunggyu but it wasn't working well. Sunggyu was adamant about his decision and saw that for this capture, Hoya's participation was unnecessary. He said he needed for Hoya to prove his loyalty to the vampires.

They had sent Sungjong out to lure Miyoung in after knowing about Hoya's relationship with Miyoung. Hoya couldn't do anything but watch as the maknae went off, knowing that the love of his life would only get hurt after.

He screamed for Sunggyu to stop but Sunggyu didn't respond. "This is the chance to prove your loyalty to the Vampires, Hoya." he warned. "If you can set aside your feelings, we will forgive you."

Set aside his feelings? How could he do that? He would just die if something happened to Miyoung.

Sungjong set off and returned less than an hour later with Chunji and Miyoung with him. And that was the start of the fight.

 

--------------

 

The leader wolves were trapped in the cave while the Infinite Vampires went out to capture other wolves. Sunggyu had finally succumbed to the members' incessant request to forgive Hoya and he let him follow the crowd. And Hoya had proved his loyalty by torturing Miyoung with the silverware.

But Hoya had no intention of helping the Vampires if Miyoung was still tied up in the cave.

He flew with the rest of the vampires and waited for the right time to make his escape. The vampires were heading straight for the village and flying swiftly in the night sky.

Hoya looked back every now and then, worried about Miyoung.

He was horrified when Sunggyu made him drop that darn silver spoon on Miyoung's wrist. He could never ever forget the agony in her expression. It hurt him badly, madly. Something in his heart tore right at that instant and he could never forgive himself.

He waited they reached the village and Sunggyu was giving instructions on who to attack where. Hoya immediately turned around to go back to the cave. He ripped his shirt to tie it around his mouth to hide his face, he wasn't ready to let her know who he was.

He strode into the cave, straight at Miyoung, full of purpose. He bent down to undo his ropes immediately and Miyoung blinked at him in surprise. "What-" she gasped.

"What are you doing?" she whispered fearfully. "Are you going to kill us after letting us free and giving us hope? Because if you're going to do that, then don't bother. We won't let you treat us like fools-"

"I'm going to let you go." Hoya told her firmly.

"I'm going to let you go, so run as fast as you wolves can." He told her. "Run and don't turn back. Don't think about saving your friends because it's impossible. They will be killed by us."

Miyoung looked at Chunji and saw the same confusion in his eyes. "But why?" she whispered.

Hoya's eyes softened and he looked at her. A small smile played on his lips as he began untying Mr Lee's ropes. *Because I love you.*

Once his hands were free, he untied the ropes at his feet and began helping his wife with it as well. Miyoung turned to whip the masking tape off Chunji and freed him too.

She turned to look at Hoya and he gave a slightly nod. "Thank you for saving me Park Miyoung." he told her. "Mr Bat will never forget you."

Miyoung's eyes widened. "You're Mr Bat?" she gasped in surprise. Hoya nodded as he hauled Miyoung to her feet. Chunji helped Mrs Park up and let his father lean against him. He looked at Hoya. "Thank you for saving us." he nodded.

Hoya turned to look at him in disgust, the long period of envy getting to him. "I'm not saving you. I'm saving Park Miyoung and you're just conveniently in the package." Chunji frowned, obviously not liking what Hoya said but not voicing his feelings.

"Go. Go before they come back." Hoya urged.

He watched as they ran to the entrance, only to back away seconds later. Hoya felt a chill down his spine as he watched Infinite advance upon them. And that was when he knew, there was no hope between them.

 

 

 


THE PRESENT

Hoya sighed as he covered his eyes with his arm. Damn the memories.

Those had already happened for a year but he could still remember everything clearly. Sunggyu could never forgive him and he and his sisters were kicked out of the clan. He didn't mind his own suffering but he was guilty that his sisters had to go through all these with him.

But all along, he hadn't forgotten her. Her, the one he had sacrificed for.

"I love you, Miyoung. I still love you."

 

 

---

Patient babies. Last chapter of recap. Next up would be Chunyoung/Miji