Groceries, Trainees, and Dinner Parties

Our EXOtic Life

[Faith's P.O.V]

 

 

I texted Nyika.

 

F: "I'll be home soon, I'm getting groceries, what do you want for dinner Nyika?"

*send*

N: "Can we have sweet and sour chicken? :)"

 

I laughed, of course she would want her favourite food.

 

F: "Sure. Can you unpack our stuff while I'm gone?"

 

*send*

 

N: "Ok :) But hurry up ok?!"

 

 

I Bought all that I needed and as I left the grocery store.......

 

 

It started to rain.....

 

 

(Great) 

 

 

I sighed and wished I carried and umbrella.

 

 

I walked out ignoring the cold rain soaking through my clothes and chilling me to the bone.

 

 

Then I heard someone yell behind me.

 

 

"Yah! Wait up!" 

 

 

I turned around and saw a guy, probably only a year younger than me, running in my direction.

 

 

He stopped in front of me and held out a notebook......

 

 

(Wait, this looks familiar....Oh crap that's my journal!!)

 

 

The one I kept since I was 10! With my deepest secrets, fears and the past 8 years of my life handed to me by a stranger!!!

 

"Here." he said

 

I took it from him ans stuffed it in my bag, making sure that it wouldn't fall out.

 

 

 

"Thanks, Do I know you?" I asked because he looked familiar..

 

 

I mean I would remember someone like this guy because he was CUTE!

 

 

I mean he could be a model but I ain't no pedo-nuna just sayin'

 

 

I'm a trainee like you, we were in the same vocal class with Chen-sshi today." He replied

 

 

Oh, well that made me feel kinda guilty but with Chen teaching you, how the hell could you pay attention to anything else!

 

 

"Well, thanks ummm..."

 

 

"Park Jae-Hyun."

 

 

I thanked him again and headed towrds the apartement.

 

 

[Nyika's P.O.V]

 

 

(What the hell is taking Faith so long?! Knowing her she probably got caught in the rain!)

 

 

I frowned as the rain outside became a thunder storm.

 

 

I was starting to worry my dinner- um I meant my friend- was in danger.

 

 

The I got a text from someone, but it wasn't Faith, she didn't text me in Hangul.

 

Person: "Hey :)"

 

N: "Who is this?"

 

Person: "It's your fav. oppar~~"

 

*facepalm*

 

N: "Sehun.... How did you get my number?"

 

S: kekeke..I have my ways ;)"

 

N: "Okay then, so what is it?"

 

S: "Are you free right now?"

 

N: "I'm waiting for Faith to come home."

 

S: "SO YOU'RE HOME ALONE?!?! I'M COMING OVER RIGHT NOW!!!"

 

 

Before I could even reply there was a knock at the door.

 

 

There stood EXO k's maknae in all his glory, panting like a dog.

 

 

"Did you really run here?" I asked surprised. SM was close to our apartement but noth THAT close!

 

 

I let him in and he sat on the living room couch.

 

 

"So..." I began waiting for him to start breathing normally again

 

 

"I....wanted.....me.........eat......you!" he gasped

 

 

"I hope you mean, eat together and not eat me!!" I said

 

 

He smiled.

 

 

Once he got his breathe back he said "I wanted to eat with you and Fae-ah again!" 

 

 

(Aww~ he's too cute~ <3)

 

 

"Ok, let me tell Faith than." I answered as I started texting mypresonal chef-err- .....i meant friend

about our 'guest' she replied

 

 

F: "Okay, but ask him if anyone else is coming so I know how much food to make."

 

I looked up from my phone to Sehun.

 

 

"Sehun, who else is coming because I know that you EXO guys hardly seperate from each other." 

 

 

He flushed a bit.  "Ok, Tao, Chen-hyung, Luhan-hyung, and Kris-hyung are all coming." he admitted

 

 

I smirked at the mention of Kris (Well, Faith Unni's in for a surprise)

 

 

[Faith's P.O.V]

 

 

I got a text from Nyika saying that Chen, Tao, and Luhan were also coming to dinner with Sehun.

 

 

I walked up to our apartement doo and unlocked it.

 

 

And what I saw on my living room couch....correction WHO I saw, made my jaw and the grocery bags in my hands drop!

 

 

KRIS!

 

 

There he sat, right beside Luhan and Tao in all his glory. 

 

 

He wore a simple black long-sleeve and darkwash jeans but he still looked......GODLY!

 

I stood there.

 

He then noticed me looking at him and locked eyes with me.

 

 

I snapped back to my senses and scrambled to pick up my purchases.

 

 

Then the almighty Duizhang of EXO M came over and started helping me pick up the items on the floor saying

 

 

"I hope we're not disturbing you, but your friend invited us over."

 

 

(OMG HE JUST TALKED TO ME!! REPLY DAMMIT REPLY!!)

 

 

"No-Not at all!" I choked out.

 

 

He then introduced himself.

 

"Hi, I'm Kris."

 

 

"Faith" I replied weakly

 

 

And then SHE came 

 

 

My so-called 'friend' who set me up!

 

 

"Nyika," I said in a viciously calm voice

 

 

"O-Oh hey Fath Unni! You're back so soon?" she smiled innocently while scratching the back of her neck, she knew she was dead meat now.

 

I dragged her into the kitchen and then I totally freaked/whispered so EXO [especially Kris] 

wouldn't hear our conversation I also spoke in English.

 

"What the mother hell Nyika?!?! You didn't tell he HE was comign too!" I hissed 

 

 

She flinced I was usually pretty calm but not now.

 

 

"I wanted to surprise you....so....surprise!" I frowned.

 

 

"Not funny! Now he probably thinks I'm an idiot! Or a crazed fan! Or both!"

 

 

I exclaimed while I started preparing the food.

 

 

Then Nyika spoke up.

 

 

"Faith, this is our dream coming true right before our very eyes! Don't back down now!

 

He seems alot nicer than I thought, so just talk to him and get to know him better!

 

Otherwise he'll ignore you! AND i know you don't want that to happen!" 

 

 

I sighed. She was right. All I had to do was talk to him right?

 

 

I finished cooking the chicken and started on the stir-fry.

 

 

Then Chen walked into the kitchen aftr Nyika left.

 

 

"is everything alright? Do you need any help?" he asked. I smiled grateful for my new friend.

 

 

"No Oppa I'm fine." He smirked

 

 

"You finally called me oppa eh?" 

 

 

I blushed

 

 

(Oh gosh, I can't even talk to Chen how can I possibly talk to Kris?!)

 

"I'll set the table." He said. I nodded.

 

 

When I heard the kitchen door close I sighed with relief.  I calmed myself down and told Nyika to watch the kitchen while I cleaned myself up.

 

 

Then I ralized something

 

 

(Oh God, Kris saw me soaking wet IN A TUBE TOP HE PROBABLY THINKS IM A !!)

 

I changed into black skinny jeans and a purple long-sleeve. 

 

 

I blow-dried my wet hair and let it fall over my left shoulder in a loose pony-tail.

 

 

Nyika already changed into light jeans and a blue T-shirt.

 

 

Most of the guys wore dark/black jeans with either a T-shirt or sweat-shirt on even though it was June.

 

 

We all sat down.

 

 

Kris [obviously] was the head of the table with Tao to his right and Luhan to his left.

 

I sat next to Tao and Nyika sat across from me beside Luhand and Chen sat next to me with Seuhun across from his beside Nyika.

 

 

"Wow Fae-ah can cook." Luhan said as she eyed the plates of food on the table.

 

 

"Oh, it's nothing really if I had more time-" Nyika cut me off 

 

 

"You should have her breakfasts! Or her pastas oh ma gosh!" she exclaimed

 

 

I bit my lip and looked at the table not used to the praise.

 

"Maybe we should come by some other time as well."  Chen said.

 

 

I looked up at him and he winked at me. "Oppa!" 

 

 

I whispered angrily, punching him on the arm.  "What?" He asked innocently. I frowned at him.

 

 

I looked at Tao who was inhaling all the chicken, much to Nyika's displeasure.

 

 

"Hey you stupid panda, don't be such a chicken hog!"

 

 

"Yah! I'm not stupid!" He retorted.

 

 

"Nyika don't be rude!" I chastised.

 

 

Kris cleared his throat and adressed me. "I'm sorry for my friend." He said apologetically.

 

 

He then sent Tao his famous death-glare. Tao froze.  He looked funny with his chopsticks halfway in his mouthe.

 

 

Nyika smirked in triumph. This time she got a death glare, not from Kris but from me.

 

 

Luhan and Sehun giggled. Tao resumed eating. I smiled at how natural this dinner felt.

 

 

I caught Kris' eye  and he smiled at me ! I smiled back. 

 

After a few minutes of eating Tao started talking to me[In Mandarin]

 

 

"So, Faith, how was your first day? We already knew how Nyika's went." He said looking over at my friend.

 

 

"I heard JongIn was your dance instructor, how did that go?" Kris asked

 

 

I dropped my chopsticks.

 

 

Sehun paled, Chen and Luhan looked down at their food, and Nyika gave me a look that said "You don't have t answer that".

 

 

I smiled at my friend and turned to Kris and Tao saying "It was, ver, um, interesting." giving a nervous laugh.

 

 

They looked at me to elaboate but Sehun chimed in [Korean] "Kai-hyung bullied her, Kris-hyung."

 

 

My mothe opened slightly. Kris frowned at looked at me concerned. "Is this rue Faith?"

 

 

"N-No..........not really....." I trailed off.  Then Chen came to my rescue "Don't worry Duizhang you knowhow JongIn is sometimes when he doesn't get much sleep." he said chuckling.

 

 

Kris didn't seem amused, looking at me again he said in English probably so no one would -in again

 

 

"If he does anything again, tell me." I nodded.

 

 

Nyika kissed her teeth and said 

 

 

"Kris she doesn't need your help or anyone's else's."

 

 

She then told him about the little chat Kai and I had after the choreography.

 

 

Kris looked mildly surprised but still insisted I be wary of Kai.

 

 

After we all finished eating Chen and Tao helped me with the dished while Nyika, Sehun adn Luhan watched T.V.

 

 

Kris was 'supervising' as they put away dished so that Chen and Tao wouldn't break anything.

 

 

Afterwords we all sat in the living room and watched a movie.

 

 

Luhan, Tao, Nyika and Chen wanted to watch a horror movie.

 

 

I objected. "Aigoo~ is Fae-ah scared?" Chen teased

 

 

"No I'm not you troll! I just don't feel like horror right now." I said pouting.

 

 

Then I heard Sehun "don't worry Nyika you can hold my hand if you're scared."

 

 

Nyika tried to frown but I knew she was really happy I mean come on, who could ressit Sehun?!

 

 

The movie was pretty damn scary. Nyika was covering her face with her hands but through the gaps of her fingers you could see her eys were did like D.O's [LOL]

 

Luhan put his arm around her shoulders and said something to her.

 

 

(Smoothe Nyika, smoothe move.) I thought

 

 

I heard Chen yawn and I felt him put his arm around me. I looked up at him giving me a pedo-face.

 

 

I gave him a 'wtf' look and he said "you looked afraid."

 

 

"was not!" I protested, getting up.

 

 

"I'm going to get a drink" I said as I walked to the kitchen.

 

 

I took put a glass of lemonade and stood on our balcony, finally the rain had stopped!

 

 

I shivered against the cold breeze. Then i felt someone put a sweater over my shoulders.

 

 

I looked up at Kris.

 

 

"I didn't even hear you." I stated

 

 

He smiled, "Did I surprise you?" I knew he was asking not just about being on the balcony

 

 

"No, I appreciate the warmth." I said. He stood to my left and looked out at the view od Seoul with me.

 

 

"Is this your first time in Seoul?"

 

"First time anywhere really." I answered.

 

 

He gave me a questioning look.

 

 

"I've never been outside of Canada before until now. The farthest I've ever been before was Vancouver when I was 13."

 

 

"Where in Canada are you from Faith?" 

 

"Toronto."

 

"Oh, I grew up in Vancouver." He said

 

 

"I know."" I said quetly as I sipped my drink.

 

 

"Why did you leave?" he asked.

 

 

His eyes showed genuine curiosity and...... sadness?

 

 

I replied "The same reason you did." I held his intense gaze. I knew me was only trying to get to know me but again, I wasn't very trustuing.

 

 

"You know that's not what I meant." I frowned at him slightly and raised an eyebrow. He tried to explain;

 

 

"What I mean is, whenever I look at you, you seem, different from all the other trainees.....something different from almost every person I've met before in my life."

 

 

I looked away. "Different isn't always a bad thing." I said.

 

 

(If only you knew Kris, I am different, but I don't want you to know.)

 

 

I heard him sigh.

 

 

"All I meant was, if anyone or anythign is giving you a hard time, you can ask someone for help, we're here.

Chen, Luhan, Tao, Sehun the rest of EXO and I'm here for you.....and Nyika." he said

 

 

I would have cried at his kindness but I didn't need Kris to worry about someone like me.

 

 

So I did what I was best at. I told him everything was fine.

 

"Kris-sshi, you have enough to worry about already, don't bother with me, some girl you've just met. Besides I'm fine, everything is going great. Really I'm fine." 

 

 

I smiled. I couldn't believe Kris of all people would notice something different about me.

 

 

I really was touched that he was so concerned considering that I only me him today but I didn't want another person pitying me.

 

 

We stood there in silence just enjoying the sights and sounds of Seoul at night.

 

 

Then I broke that peaceful silence.

 

 

"I'll go in first." before he could respond I quickly walked throught the kitchen put my glass away and returned to the living room and sat beside Chen once again. 

 

 

Kris came in shortly and sat beside Chen. We finished the rest of the movie without even looking at each other.

 

 

I wrapped his sweater around me tighter hoping that our conversation on the balcony was real and that Kris acually might be able to understand.....