All's Fair.

Our EXOtic Life

[Faith's P.O.V]

 

 

 

Kai and I waited for Suho to come back to EXO's dorm.

 

 

 

After about half an hour he walked in.

 

 

 

"Hyung," Kai greeted him.

 

 

 

I hung back a bit, unsure of what to say or how to say it.

 

 

 

I was upset that he lied to me and didn't tell me what happened with Kris.

 

 

 

Wasn't he supposed to look out for me?

 

 

 

"Faith, why are you here?" Suho asked.

 

 

 

I decided not to beat around the bush and get straight to the point. "I saw Kris today."

 

 

 

He looked surprised than concerned, and maybe even a bit guilty.

 

 

 

"And...what happened?" He questioned.

 

 

 

"Nothing, we talked, and he told me something...." I took a shaky breath "He told me something shocking."

 

 

 

Suho came closer and sat down on the couch with Kai and I.

 

 

 

"What would that be?"

 

 

 

"That night, when we were all drinking, he told me that-"

 

 

 

He sighed loudly. "I know, I know, I didn't tell you what happened with you and Kris but you have to understand-"

 

 

 

"Understand what?!" I snapped. "That you lied to me?!"

 

 

 

"Well could you blame me!" he said his voice escalating in volume with each word.

 

 

 

"I know that you had feelings for him, I just don't want to see you hurt again."

 

 

 

"So is that all I am?! You only said you liked me to ease your concience of you friend who hurt me?"

 

 

 

I started to cry.

 

 

 

I felt Kai place a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "No, Faith He didn't mean it like that."

 

 

 

"JongIn, could you leave us for a bit?" Suho asked.

 

 

 

Kai stood up hesitantly, and went to another room.

 

 

 

"Look, I know what I did wasn't exactly right, but if you knew right away what would you do?" He asked.

 

 

 

"What do you mean JoonMyun, I feel terrible that I let another guy kiss me other than my boyfriend."

 

 

 

Suho looked shocked, and his expression softened.

 

 

 

"I thought you only thought of me as a friend." he said.

 

 

 

"I did when I first came to SM, but after finding our about Kris' girlfriend and getting to know everyone else I..."

 

 

 

I felt my face get hot.

 

 

 

"I know that you can't totally get over Kris right now, so I'll wait for you." Suho said

 

 

 

"I thought you were only going out with me to help me get back at Kris." 

 

 

 

"No, I already liked you from a long time ago Faith, but I knew you and Kris had something so I backed off,

 

 

 

but when I saw him treat you like that, I decided that he didn't deserve you."

 

 

 

"JoonMyun," 

 

 

 

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards him in a tight hug.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry I lied, but I didn't want to lose you."

 

 

 

I nodded "I understand."

 

 

 

"I'm going to talk to Kris, and I want you to come with me." He said.

 

 

 

I looked up at him "Wha-Why?!"

 

 

 

Just as I said that, Kris walked into the dorm, One the other side of the door was Xian.

 

 

 

I felt my heart get stabbed with a thousand knives.

 

 

 

Suho pulled me closer to him.

 

 

 

"Kris, you're home, and you brought company," Suho said, his voice as cold as ice.

 

 

 

Kris stiffened a bit when he saw me.

 

 

 

Xian whined "Gege~ why don't you like me anymore~"

 

 

 

Kris turned back to her "Don't you understand that our dating was only to benifit our careers?!"

 

 

 

Xian frowned "But I thought you'd grown to like me,"

 

 

 

Kris snorted "Tolerating you and liking you are two different things,

 

 

besides I know you were going out with one of our trainees so don't act all innocent."

 

 

 

 

She huffed "Fine you caught me, just don't tell my manager okay?

 

 

 

And we have to say it was a mutual breakup, otherwise the deal's done."

 

 

 

Kris sighed "Sure whatever now please don't talk to me anymore."

 

 

 

"With pleasure." She said and walked off.

 

 

 

Kris shut the door and ran a hand over his face.

 

 

 

"What was all that?" Suho asked.

 

 

 

"It's finally over," Kris replied.

 

 

 

I felt Suho's hold tighten around my waist.

 

 

 

"Kris sit down, let's talk."

 

 

 

He sat down. "What is it?" 

 

 

 

"You told her didn't you," Suho said, more in a telling way that asking.

 

 

 

Kris seemed to understand what Suho meant and replied boldly "Yeah I did, what of it?"

 

 

 

"You shouldn't have." Suho stated.

 

 

 

"Doesn't she have a right to know, I think this is between her and I, not you." 

 

 

 

I decided to intervene before things got anymore uncomfortable.

 

 

 

"Look, you already know that our relationship can't be as it was" I said to Kris

 

 

 

"I'm already happy, so will you please either respect the fact that I moved on or leave me alone entirely."

 

 

 

Kris raised and eyebrow "You say you've moved on? Then why is it you looked extatic over my breakup just now."

 

 

 

I gaped at him. He was insane, he was arrogant and cocky and so full of- (But he's right)

 

 

 

I looked at the floor.

 

 

 

Suho's grip around my waist relaxed a bit.

 

 

 

"What's wrong with you." I said breaking the tense silence.

 

 

 

I looked up at Kris again.

 

"Why is it that you can never leave me be?

 

 

 

You could have just left after you started to date Xian, but no, when I seem happy you just need to ruin it don't you?!"

 

 

 

"Because I can't stand you being happy with another man." Kris said.

 

 

 

I didn't know what to say. Kris continued, "Hyung, you know what that's like,"

 

 

 

Suho nodded "I know more than you do, Kris you are my friend, but I can't let you hurt Faith anymore.

 

 

 

No matter how much you say you like her, I won't believe you or let her go unless she asks me to."

 

 

 

"Then it's her choice, all's fair in love and war hyung." Kris said.

 

 

 

"So are you declaring war on me Yi Fan?" Suho asked raiseing an eyebrow

 

 

 

"You could say that." Kris got up and went to his room.

 

 

 

I exhaled. I knew this wasn't the end, it was only the beginning, the beginning or a hard choice I'll eventually have to make.

 

 

 

I looked at Suho.

 

 

 

He smiled sadly at me. "I'm sorry, I was being selfish."

 

 

 

I shook my head.  "No, but I'm glad that you actually care."

 

 

 

"It's late, I'll take you home." he said.

 

 

 

At my apartement door Suho lightly kissed my forehead and stared into my eyes.

 

 

 

"Don't fall for anyone but me okay?"

 

 

 

I nodded.

 

 

 

"Good."

 

 

 

With one last kiss he left.

 

 

 

I was comforted that Suho still loved me, but I still could hear Kris' words echoing in my mind.

 

 

 

"All's fair,"