It's enough

Our EXOtic Life

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  [The Night of the Dinner Party; Faith's P.O.V]  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

 

 

 

I couldn't stand being in that room anymore.

 

 

Seeing Kris with Xian made my heart shatter.

 

 

(Why should I care who he goes out with?! That's none of my business!)

 

 

No matter how many times I repeated this to myself, the pain was still there.

 

 

I finally stopped walking when I reached the edge of the garden.

 

 

I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves.

 

 

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt someone grab my shoulder.

 

 

I whirled around to see Baekyun.

 

 

I sighed with relief, actually I was just exhaling a breath I didn't know I was holding.

 

 

"Baekyun...w-why are you here?" I asked.

 

 

"You seemed like you needed someone to talk to...and I'm pretty sure Nyika is a bit busy at the moment." He replied

 

 

I smiled weakly at him. "I'm fine, don't worry, I just needed some air that's all." It wasn't a complete lie.

 

 

Baekyun nodded.

 

"So, are you going to talk to me about it or not?" He asked.

 

 

"Baekyun really I-"

 

 

"Faith," He said looking into my eyes, practically into my soul. "Just trust me."

 

 

Suddenly my eyes filled with tears and I found myself speaking uncontrollably.

 

 

"I just feel so betrayed that Kris is suddenly dating this random girl without telling me.

 

 

Not that he needs my permission to do so, but I thought that we were close enough to tell each other these things.

 

 

When I first came to SM Kris was so nice to me, but now he seems so distant, and I don't know what to do.

 

 

He always hates it when I'm around Kai and I'm confused about this, 

 

 

and now he acts like everything is normal when I feel so left out."

 

 

I exhaled as the last of my words came to a stop, suddenly I felt like and entire weight was lifted of me.

 

 

Baekyun put both hands on my shoulders and smiled at me.

 

 

"Now don't you feel better when you don't bottle things up?" I nodded

 

 

"I know that things are a bit confusing right now especially since you're still so new to the company and everything,

 

 

but you need to know that we; myself, Chen, Tao, Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai, Kris,

 

 

and all of EXO are here to help and support you whenever you and Nyika need us.

 

 

Not just because you're new trainees and we have and obligation to you two, or that the company asked us to look after you,

 

 

we care about you because you are our friends and even if we don't know a lot about you, we want to know you."

 

 

I wiped away stray tears that threatened to fall.

 

"Thank you Baekyun, for everything. I'll try to understand that everything you and everyone else is doing has a purpose,

 

and I may not like it now, but that it is for the best, it's enough to know that you and everyone cares so much about us" 

 

 

(Yes it's enough) I thought (There is a reason fron Kris' actions and this should be enough for me)

 

 

Baekyun patted my head affectionatley. "That's my girl."

 

 

We walked back into the hall where all the other guests were.

 

 

For the rest of the night I stayed with Kai, Baekyun left earlier with Chanyeol and Suho.

 

 

Kai seemed a bit more social than before, we danced and talked like normal people on a date.

 

 

Nyika was having a great time with Sehun and told me she would get a ride home with Sehun from Luhan.

 

 

When Kai was dropping me off home at my partement door, there was a long moment where was just staring at me.

 

 

I thought he would try and kiss me, but instead he simply my cheek with the back of his hand.

 

 

I blushed and dropped my gaze to the keys in my hands. "Goodnight JongIn Sunbae, and thank you." I said.

 

 

I suddenly felt his body closer to mine as Kai leaned in and whipered softly into my ear.

 

 

"No, thank you, and JongIn is enough." 

 

 

Without another word he was gone.