Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

Chapter 9 “Questions”

                The first subject was underway when 40 minutes later Kazumi started to feel uneasy. Miki and Ryn didn’t know about it because they were in another room with other groups in their class. When the first subject ended, Ryn went ahead of her to their next classroom. As she got out of the classroom, she saw Kazumi so they walked together. Ryn saw that Kazumi was starting to feel a little weak and she said, “Kazumi, are you okay? You look a little weak.”

Kazumi: “No. No. I’m okay.”

Ryn: “Are you sure? You should really go home if you feel sick.”

Kazumi insisted that she didn’t want to go home most especially because they had an examination this afternoon.

Ryn: “Okay, as long as you can still handle it then it’ll be fine.”

They entered the classroom and went to their seats. A few seconds later, Miki arrived and she sat beside Ryn.  After classes, Ryn decided to go home since Miki and Kazumi had to go to the manor. Miki and Kazumi were standing in front of the main gate when three of their classmates approached them.

Jay C: “Hey Miki? We’ve been wondering, who are the people who keeps coming to school to pick you up?”

Kazumi: “Oh, they’re friends of ours.”

Ron: “Why do they come picking you up?”

Miki: “Uhm... Somewhere...”

Kazumi: “It’s really a long story but actually the guys who come here to school are actually here to pick up Miki.”

Ace: “How come? Where are you guys going?”

Miki looked at Kazumi and whispered to her, “Are we going to tell them?”

Kazumi: “It depends on you if you want to tell them.”

So Miki turned to their classmates once again and told them, “I don’t know if you’ll believe us but the guys who come here are actually artists.”

Their classmates fell silent for a few seconds then they began to laugh.

Ace: “Are you serious?! Ahahaha you’ve got to be to be kidding?!”

The three of them were laughing but they when they looked at Miki and Kazumi’s serious faces they stopped.

Ron: “No way! We don’t believe you. Why are they here?”

Miki: “Work and partly vacation. And they come picking me up because they asked me if I could help them learn English. And Kazumi comes with me because she wants to visit and hang out with us too.”

Ron and Ace: “What? They want to learn English? Tell them to meet us so we will teach them,” they said joking around.

Miki: “Seriously, it’s not a joke. And if you don’t believe us then check their group’s name Hey! Say! JUMP in the internet and compare them with the guys who come pick us up.”

Jay C: “Okay, fine. We get it already. And you guys are fans of theirs.”

Kazumi: “Pretty much.”

Soon after, Yuto arrived at the main gate and saw Miki talking to some people. He approached them and shouted, “Miki! Kazumi!” Miki saw Yuto and waved at him.

Kazumi: “Ace, Ron, and Jay C, meet Yuto.”

The three looked at the tall guy and just said hi.

Yuto: “Nice to meet you. My name is Yuto Nakajima. I’m a friend of theirs.”

Miki: “So, since you’re here, let’s go. We can’t waste any time you know.”

Yuto: “Okay then. Let’s go.” *he turned at her three classmates* “It was nice meeting you. I hope to see you around.”

Jay C: “Ahm... Sure. Sure.”

                Yuto and the two girls then left. At the manor, Kazumi started to feel dizzy again. Miki who had not known about it noticed this and asked her if she was okay. Kazumi said that she was but Miki said that she should go home and rest. The other members told her to lie on the sofa and rest since she started to grow weak. Then Yabu said that he will go buy medicine and Daiki said that he’ll go prepare some tea. Miki had to accompany Yabu in buying medicine so they left together with Yuto. After 30 minutes, Miki, Yuto and Yabu returned with some medicine and saw that Kazumi wasn’t sleeping on the couch. They wondered where she went to and soon after, Yamada came into the room. They asked him where Kazumi was and he said, “I don’t really know what happened but when I came into the living room to check on her she wasn’t there. So I checked other rooms and when I got to the kitchen, I saw her lying down on the floor. It seems that she was thirsty and wanted a glass of water but then she fainted. So I carried her to my room so she can rest there.”

Miki: “Thanks so much for your help Yamada. For a second there, I was about to get worried because she wasn’t here. So, since we have to take care of Kazumi, we’ll have to cancel the lessons today. ”

Yuto didn’t have to say anything since he also agreed with the idea. So during the rest of the time, they spent their time checking on Kazumi’s condition and her fever.

                     

Yuto and Miki were sitting at the living room playing a board game and laughing. Inoo on the other hand, watched Miki as she laughed and he was happy because she was able to resolve the misunderstanding with Yuto. Miki looked at him and smiled and invited him to play cards with them but he passed.

It was about time to leave and Miki was already outside the manor.

Miki: “Kazumi is still asleep. I don’t want to wake her up. I know that we still have one more class this afternoon but she needs to rest.” She turned to Yuto and said, “Yuto, can you take care of her with Yamada for me. I would really appreciate it. Let her stay in bed for a while when she wakes up. Then after that, if you could, take her home too since it would be risky to let her ride on home alone.”

Yuto: “Sure. We’ll help you take care of her. You should get to school first or you’ll be late.”

Miki: “Okay, thanks so much! You guys take care! See you tomorrow! Yuto, I’ll call you later after classes so I can ask about Kazumi.”

Yuto: “I’ll be waiting for your call.”

So Miki rode on the car with Inoo and they went to the University. Miki was looking out the window when Inoo spoke, “So, I guess you were able to settle your argument with Yuto the other day.”

Miki: “I don’t exactly know how, but yesterday, when we were almost at school, we argued about what happened last Sunday and right after that, I apologized to him.”

Inoo: “So what did he say?”

Miki: “I wasn’t able to listen to his answer because I told the driver to pull over at the side then I immediately ran out of the car after apologizing.”

Inoo: “Huh? How come?”

Miki: “I don’t really know what I was thinking but I guess I didn’t want for him to reply.”

Inoo: “Anyway, that’s okay. So long as the misunderstanding has finally been cleared out.”

Miki: “Well it wouldn’t have been possible without your help. Thanks so much!” ^,^

Inoo: “That’s okay. I just don’t to see someone sad. Because if that happens, then the activities and games we are having won’t be fun.”

Miki: “Well, you do have a point.”

                They arrived at school and Miki bid, “See you tomorrow!” to Inoo. Inoo said the same and left. After leaving, Inoo was thinking about what Yuto would’ve said if Miki waited for him to reply. So he thought of talking to Yuto when he arrives at the hotel.

                Two and a half hours later, Miki and Ryn just got dismissed and were on their way to the main gate. Miki brought out her phone and dialled Yuto’s number.

                Yuto was sitting on the chair in his room when he saw his phone ringing and picked up the phone.

Yuto: “Hello! Yuto here.”

Miki: “Good evening Yuto! Miki here. I wanted to ask if Kazumi is okay.”

Yuto: “Oh Kazumi, uhm.. 30 minutes after you left, she woke up so I tried to let her stay in bed for a bit more. She insisted on getting up since she wanted to go school. Then Yabu got into the room and saw that she was awake so he went to tell Yamada. I told her that to rest but then Yamada came and asked her if she was okay. Kazumi said that she really has to go to school and Yamada said that she can’t because she is sick. So Kazumi tried to get up but she was still a bit woozy so we helped her up. We asked her why she was so insistent and she said that they were going to have an examination and she didn’t want to miss it. She pleaded and Yamada said that he’ll allow her to go in one condition and that is, Yamada will go with her to school. And after dismissal, Yamada will also accompany her back. I think it didn’t matter that much to Kazumi as long as she was able to go to school so she agreed with Yamada. Then they both left.”

Miki: “Huh? Is that what happened. If we got dismissed earlier then maybe Ryn and I would’ve been able to see Kazumi. Well, as long as Kazumi is okay then I’m happy about it.”

Yuto: “I agree with you. Anyway, she was with Yamada so there’s no need to worry.”

Miki: “I’m glad to hear that. Thanks so much for looking after her for me!”

Yuto: “The pleasure is all mine. Uhm... So where are you now?”

Miki: “We just got dismissed a while ago and now I’m walking with Ryn. We’re on our way home right now since it’s a bit dark now.”

Yuto: “Oh really. Then would you want to pick you up so I can take you home?”

Miki: “Mm... Thanks so much although there’s no need for you to come pick me up. Don’t worry, I’ll get home safely.”

Yuto: “Are you sure?”

Miki: “Believe me, I’m sure. To make sure, I’ll text you later that I got home safely. Is that okay?”

Yuto: “That would be great! Well, you take care then.”

Miki: “You take care too! Bye!”

Yuto: “Bye bye.”

                Right after Yuto ended the call, someone was knocking on his door so he went to open it. Then he saw Inoo and asked, “Oh, hey Inoo. What’s up?”

Inoo: “Nothing much. I just stopped by to ask you something.”

Yuto: “Oh sure. Come on in.”

Inoo sat on the chair and Yuto sat on the chair by his desk.

Yuto: “So, what is it that you wanted to ask?”

Inoo: “You had a fight with Miki a few days ago right?”

Yuto: “Wait!? How’d you know?”

Inoo: “Uhm... Just right now. But actually, I found out when you two weren’t talking to one another yesterday.”

Yuto: “Well, the fight’s already over now so there’s no need to talk about it.”

                Inoo wanted to know about Yuto’s reply when Miki apologized so he continued.

Inoo: “Actually, there’s still something that we have to talk about. What was your reply to Miki when she apologized to you?”

Yuto: “Apologized? Wait, where are you getting all of these?”

Inoo: “Well, surely you couldn’t have just settled your quarrel that quickly when nothing happened. So, tell me, what did you say, when she apologized?”

Yuto changed his focus from Inoo to the door then showed a miserable face.

Yuto: “Nothing. I wasn’t able to tell her because she ran out before I could say anything. And yeah, I was stunned because we were arguing then she suddenly said sorry.”

Inoo: “You should’ve run after her and apologized too.”

Yuto: “I couldn’t.”

Inoo: “Why didn’t you?”

Yuto: “It’ because I felt so shameful for not being the one to say sorry first. It was my fault. I shouldn’t have said those things to her last Sunday and for ignoring her yesterday.”

Inoo: “Then, why didn’t you tell her a while ago? You had all the time to tell her but you didn’t.”

Yuto: “I was but after seeing her smile once again.....”

Inoo fell silent and carefully listened.

Yuto: “I... I... I thought that it didn’t matter anymore because I didn’t want bring it out or else she’ll look sad again.”

Inoo: “Well, if that was your reason why you didn’t tell her then I’m satisfied with it already.”

Then Inoo got up then walked to the door. Yuto stood up and said, “Why? Why did you ask me those questions?”

Inoo looked back and smiled then went out of the door.