Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

Chapter 28 “All EMOtional”

 

                Days turned in to weeks and soon after, a month had finally passed. Miki was lying on her bed thinking about the scene which left her 

                It’s been a month since JUMP left for Japan. And still Miki couldn’t get over what happened.

One evening, she was lying on her bed trying to reflect.

“I’m so stupid. Why didn’t I listen to him in the first place? If I hadn’t been so hardheaded then probably things would’ve turned out as a happy ending. Then I wouldn’t have hurt Kei’s feelings.”

                She buried her head on her pillow while screaming, “Baka! Baka! I’m such a Baka!”

“Oi!” Keele, her brother shouted as he knocked on her door.

“What in the world are you screaming about?”

Miki opened the door and smiled, “Nothing in particular.”

“You shout so loudly and you say it’s nothing.  You’re really weird. ”

“Eh? Was I really that loud? But I covered my face with my pillow.”

Keele entered her bedroom and pointed out to her walls.

“Look at your walls. Of course sound can easily pass through it. Not to mention that you shout so loudly that it can be heard through out the whole floor,” he told her with a ‘Duh it’s so bvious-Don’t you know that?’ kind of expression.

“Hai! Wakatta!” she replied as she shooed him out of her room.

Keele took one last glance of her room and added, “And by the way, clean up your room will you? It’s really a mess. Kei would surely be eeked out when he sees your room.”

“Urusai!” Miki replied as she closed her door.

                Subsequently, on a Saturday night, Miki entered her brother’s room while he was playing a game on his laptop. She sat on a day bed and thought of a topic to ask her brother.

                “Anou, onii chan.... What are you...? I mean how... What are your plans on Valentines Day?”

“I don’t know. Besides, Shia and I already went out for our 1st Year Anniversary.”

“Anniversary? Isn’t it supposed to be monthsary?”

“It’s been a year already since we’ve become GF and BF.”

                “Ah, souka. I remember that you asked her during your Acquaintance Party last year.”

“Finally you remembered. By the way how about you and Kei? What are your plans for Valentines Day?”

                Miki became silent after his question.

He turned to look at her as he waited for an answer.

                She sighed and said, “How should I put this? Well, as you can see, we broke up.”

“What? When did you break up?”

                “Remember when he took care of me at the Manor?”

“Yeah and? Wait! Did he do something to you?”

                “What?! No! Nothing happened. Anyway, two days after that was when we broke up.”

“I told you you wouldn’t last long in a relationship. Most especially...”

                “The reason for our break up is not because of my attitude, personality or whatever. A lot of things happened within that two days that’s why I suddenly broke up with him.”

“And the reason is?”

                “It’s a long story. And I mean a crazy, confusing, out-of-this-world, hearbreaking type of story.”

“Tell me about it.”

                “I don’t wanna. I told you, it’s really a crazy story.”

“Better. I want to listen to your so-called ‘little’ heartbreaking love story.”

                “You’re trying to make me look bad aren’t you?”

“Maybe.” He answered as he looked away.

                “Fine. It started when...”

~By the end of her story~

                “I’ll have to say, it’s your fault.”

“I know already.”

                “Your fault for not listening to him and not giving him another chance. It’s your fault for involving your self with two guys. It’s your fault for getting in a relationship with....”

“I get it already! You don’t have to enumerate them one by one. I know I at having relationships. So now my Valentines is going to be boring. Not to mention that we have hospital duty on the 14th.”

                “So what do you plan on doing?”

“About what?”

                “Your little love problem.”

“How should I know. I don’t have contact with them or the rest of JUMP. Other than that, I probably won’t see them anymore. I guess it’s time to forget about them and everything. Move on with my life.”

 

                “Well it’s your choice to make.”

The following week was Lover’s week, namely, everyone was looking forward to Valentines Day. Miki, Kazumi and Ryn had hospital duty scheduled for that week so they felt glum about spending Valentines Day in the hospital and also not being able to catch a glimpse of people receiving roses and serenades inside their University grounds.

                On February 14, Miki’s hospital duty was scheduled at the OB ward on a 3-11 shift. At the start of their duty, Miki, together with Ryn (Since they were groupmates) were assigned at the Nursery to assist in taking care of the newborn babies.

                It was four in the afternoon when Miki looked out the window. Their school was just beside the hospital that’s why she was able to see students pass by holding roses both red and white while others were holding a guitar or a violin case.

                She called Ryn so she can also see what was up.

“Aw, how I wish we’re at school watching people receive roses and listen to their serenades,” Ryn comprehended.

                “At least for many, they’re happily spending their Valentines Day with their loved ones while we’re here having our duty.” Miki added.

By the end of Miki’s 3-11 shift, they were on their way out of the hospital when they passed by the Pharmacy.

                There was a fish bowl by the cashier. Inside it were red pieces of paper cut into hearts. Each of them got a heart and read the writings on it. Some got a pick-up line, others got a cute love quote while the others got a love quotes that sounded a bit corny.

                Miki read hers and it said, “Life without you would be like a broken pencil... pointless.”

It was dark and cold when they exited the hospital. At the entrance, they saw about five students sitting on the stairs. One was holding a guitar while another was holding several roses. Miki and Ryn couldn’t believe that these people were still waiting for a person to come out from the hospital that they are supposed to sing a song to.

“How lucky can one get? Even though it’s already 11 pm the serenading and giving roses is still under way,” Ryn expressed.

                “Atleast for them,” Miki sighed.

Miki rode a taxi and was on her way home. She took out the heart and thought, “It just comes to show that I’ll spend this pointless life without you.”

                It was finally the month of March and their final exams had just ended. They had two weeks of vacation before summer term arrived so Miki thought of cleaning her room.

                There was a lot of cleaning that had to be done so Miki thought of segregating her notes and other paperwork in her room. On the third day of cleaning, she had to fix her clothes. She took all of them out and placed them on one side of her bed. She began to fold them one by one until she reached out and grabbed a jacket.

                She saw that the jacket wasn’t hers. She showed it to her brother but he said that it wasn’t his. She wondered who it belonged to so she just left it on her bed. Just as she went downstairs to find something to snack on, she suddenly remembered.

                She rushed back up to her room and took the jacket.

“I forgot to return his jacket.”

                She held it close to her as she sat on the floor.

“I wonder where he is now. I wonder how he’s doing. I hope he’s happy. I can’t help but miss him. But I guess there’s no way that I can see him again.” Miki muttered to her self.

                Just as Keele got out of his room, he saw his sister sitting on the floor with the jacket on hand.

“So, who is the owner of the jacket?”

                “Him. I forgot to return it before.”

“Well it seems that you have something to remember him by.”

 

                “I don’t want to remember him. I want to see him.”

                Kazumi’s birthday arrived so Miki sent a birthday greeting to her. In addition to that, she asked if Kazumi had any plans for her birthday. Kazumi didn’t send any reply so she thought that she didn’t have any.