Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

 

Chapter 8“Reconciled”

                The next day, Inoo asked Yuto if he will be the one to fetch Miki at school. Yuto said that he was a bit busy so Inoo will go fetch her. Inoo said “okay” and left. Miki and Inoo arrived 20 minutes later and they called Yuto so they could start their lessons. Then they had a short break. During the break, Inoo noticed that Yuto and Miki weren’t talking to each other. Ever since yesterday afternoon, he started to notice something wrong. Although he wasn’t sure about it, only until now. He saw Miki go out to the balcony and Yuto was there sitting on the lesson table.

He thought of finding out what happened so Inoo went to see Miki.

Inoo: “Ah hey Miki?”

Miki turned around and said, “Oh, hey Kei! What’s up?”

Inoo: “Nothing actually. I just came out to have some fresh air.”

Miki: “Oh, is that so.  Well there’s a lot of space here to accommodate more than two people.”

Inoo leaned against the stone column  and asked Miki, “You look a little down, what’s wrong?”

Miki: “No. Nothing’s wrong. What makes you say that something is wrong?”

Inoo: “Well, since I can see that you’re here and Yuto is inside.”

Miki: “What do you mean? So what if I’m here outside?”

Inoo: “Well that’s because usually, during breaks, I see you laughing with Yuto. But now, you’re here and not even talking to him.”

Miki: “It’s just a coincidence. It doesn’t mean because I’m here and his inside means that something is wrong.”

Inoo stared at Miki waiting for her to change her mind and say that something was wrong.

Miki: “Okay. Okay. You’re right. Something’s wrong between me and him. So what? It’s no biggie.”

Inoo continued to not say a word and look at Miki while waiting for her to explain what really happened.

Miki: “You sure are persistent. Fine, I’ll tell you what happened. Yesterday, while we were boating, Chinen, Yamada and Keito each asked me a question about my thoughts and “feelings” towards them. Of course, I had to answer their questions, and then just before I could give my reply to Keito, Yuto suddenly said that we should leave already. Then on our way to the parking lot, he told me stuff like I shouldn’t just go out telling people my feelings and why I shouldn’t have answered their questions. Of course I got mad and said that I’m not that insane to say that I love someone so easily just after conveying to them my thoughts and it would’ve been better if he also asked me instead of ruining the atmosphere.”

Inoo: “Well, surely he has his reasons for saying those things to you. And he probably didn’t mean to ruin the atmosphere or anything.” *he approached Miki and placed his hand on her head* “And besides at some point, I might have done the same too. You should talk about it again and resolve your quarrel already. Okay?”

Miki looked up at Inoo and said, “Fine fine. I guess you’re right. I’ll try and think about it a little bit. I’ll try to talk to him later on.”

Inoo: “That's great. Now cheer up okay!? ”

Miki: “Okay. Thanks for listening to me Kei.”

Inoo: “I have an idea. Come with me." He grabbed her hand and led her to the other room.

Yuto saw the two go out of the room so he tried to see where they were going. In the other room were musical instruments the Hey! Say! JUMP were using. Yuto peeked through the door and saw Inoo and Miki standing in front of Inoo’s keyboard.

Inoo: “As you can see, this my keyboard.”

Miki: “Wow! It looks so cool!”

Inoo: “Wait here a bit and I’ll get a chair. You can try playing it if you want.”

Miki: “Okay. Thanks. I’ll wait for you here.”

As Inoo left the room, Yuto continued to peek through the door. Miki on the other hand continued to press the keys trying to create a tune until she remembered “Canon” that she used to follow on their keyboard at home. She made some mistakes so she kept on repeating them until Inoo entered the room once again with a chair. Inoo heard her playing and said, “I see you know how to play the piano.” Miki was startled and she stopped playing.

Miki: “No not actually. I only recalled what I tried to play on the keyboard at home.”

Inoo: “Oh. Nice! I like it! You’re pretty good.”

Miki: “It’s nothing really. But thanks so much. By the way, I still haven’t seen you play. Although you’ve performed during your past concerts, I still want to watch the real thing.”

Inoo: “Sure why not. If that’ll cheer you up then I’d be glad to perform.”

As Inoo played the keyboard, Miki sat down on the chair and listened. After a few minutes of playing different pieces, Inoo checked his time and said that it’s almost time to go.

Miki: “Aw... Too bad... I was having fun listening to you play. Like, you’re really cool when you play the keyboard! Thanks so much for allowing me to watch you play.”

Inoo: “No. Thank you for listening! I also wanted to play for someone at least for just a short while.”

Miki: “Well, you’re welcome too.”

Inoo: “So then, let’s go see Yuto since he’s the one who’ll bring you to school.”

Yuto saw they were heading towards the door  where he was so he quickly rushed to the balcony and pretending to listen to music.

Inoo: “Ah Yuto. I see you’re here. It’s time to bring her back to school.”

Yuto: “Uh what?” *pretending to have stopped his music and pulling down his headphones to his neck.* “Is it time already? Sure, take care.”

Inoo: “What are you talking about? I meant that you’re the one who’s going with her since I picked her up a while ago.”

Yuto: “I totally forgot sorry. Let’s go then.” *and he just passed by Miki and headed to the door without looking at her*

Miki: “Urgh! What’s wrong with him? Seriously, he’s starting to annoy me again.”

Inoo: “Relax Miki. Just go talk to him. Surely you two will be able to sort things out.” *and he gave Miki a slight push* “Go, you can do it!”

Miki: “I’m really going to talk to him. It won’t matter if we’ll go shouting in the car. As long as I’ll be able to tell him that he’s starting to annoy me. Thanks again for the help and encouragement Kei!”

Inoo: “You take care! See you tomorrow!”

So Miki headed out and rode in the car. She saw that Yuto was already inside so she got in, rolled down the window and looked out. Yuto pulled up his headphones and pretended to listen to music. The car left and after some minutes, Miki looked at Yuto and pulled down his headphones. Yuto was shocked and exclaimed, “What’s your problem?”

Miki: “What’s my problem? You’re my problem?! Why? That’s because you’ve ignored me for the whole time!”

Yuto: “What?! I’m your problem?! So what if I tried to ignore you?”

Miki: “Oh! Now I don’t matter to you? And yesterday you tried to ruin the atmosphere because I tried to tell others what I feel?! Is that it?! ”

Yuto wasn’t able to reply back and suddenly fell silent.

Miki: “I’m sorry okay! I’m sorry for getting angry with you yesterday! I’m sorry for not trying to put into mind your feelings and I’m sorry for yelling! And... I’m sorry for not talking to you.”

The car was a few meters from the main gate and before Yuto was able to give a reply Miki told the driver to stop at the side and she ran out.

As Miki rushed quickly to the main gate thoughts were going into her head, “I’m sorry for running out before listening to your reply. I know that you’re shocked but everything was my entire fault. I didn’t take into account your words yesterday. I didn’t know that you would feel uncomfortable about it. So I hope you’ll forgive me.”