Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

Chapter 11 “Short Break” 

It’s Friday and Miki was in one of their classrooms with Ryn, reviewing for their exams. They were waiting for Kazumi when Miki saw a guy standing out the door talking on his phone. He looked so familiar that when she continued to eye at him, she found out that it was Yamada. She was going to stand up but she saw Kazumi move in and started talking to Yamada. She saw that Yamada showed Kazumi something so she got curious. Then, when they left, Miki told Ryn that she’ll go see what those two are up to. Just as she went out the door, someone grabbed her and embraced her. She was so shocked that when she looked up she saw Yuto’s face. She looked to her left and saw Keito who was staring at Kazumi and Yamada. Then, Keito ran towards them. Yuto let go of her and said while looking at Keito, “He saw it. I thought I could distract him while those two left but I guess I wasn’t able to.”

Miki: “Why? What’s wrong about Yamada and Kazumi? They’re just going out to... Where are they going now?”

Yuto: “I guess, just like me, Yamada came here to have lunch with Kazumi.”

Miki: “Ha? You’re going to have lunch with Kazumi? Then why are you here with me?”

Yuto: “No. I didn’t mean it that way. I came here to see you. Have you eaten yet?”

Miki: “Well, judging from the schedule of our exams, not yet.”

Yuto: “Then my timing was just right. Want to eat with me?”

Miki: “Well, I was able to review so... Why not? If you could just wait for me while I go get my bag.”

Yuto: “Sure.”

Miki went inside and grabbed her bag then told Ryn that she’ll go out for a while with Yuto. Ryn was busy reviewing so she just nodded. Miki ran out and re-joined Yuto.

So they went down the Silang building and looked for a spot where they could eat.

Just as Yuto opened the bento, the sweet aroma of the food filled the atmosphere.

Miki: “Huwa! It looks so delicious. Did you cook these?”

Yuto: “Well, some of it.” *smiles* “So let’s eat!”

 

“Itadakimasu!”

So the both of them began to eating. Yuto noticed that Miki was only eating little by little so he told her to have more and started adding vegetables and meat on her bowl.

Miki: “Oh no! That’s too much already! There won’t be any left for you.”

Yuto: “No, don’t worry about it. Just eat up! You’ll need it for your examinations later.”

                Despite Yuto’s reasoning, Miki didn’t want to eat all of the food he was putting on her bowl.

Yuto: “Here, say *Ah*.”

Miki: “No, I don’t want to.”

Yuto: “Come on. Say *Ah.* I know you still haven’t tasted this.”

Miki: “Okay, fine. *Ah.*”

                As Miki chewed the food Yuto gave her, she unknowingly heard someone shout Kei’s name. She looked down from where they were eating and saw Kazumi. So she put down her bowl and ran downstairs to see Kazumi.

Miki: “Kazumi, What’s up? Is anything wrong?” *just finished chewing*

                Kazumi stared at her with anger then heatedly started to lecture her. Miki on the other hand fell silent and listened to Kazumi, not knowing her fault. Then Yuto approached them but Miki told him to go back upstairs. Yuto, who wanted to know also what was going on, started to get agitated as he left the scene. Miki looked back at Kazumi and yelled, “What the heck?! Why are you so angry?! What did I do?!” Because of so much anger, Kazumi didn’t answer her and just left. Miki returned upstairs to see Yuto who was waiting for her. Silence filled the atmosphere as they continued to eat.

Yuto: “If you mind me asking, what happened between you and Kazumi?”

Miki: “I don’t know with her. When I went down to talk to her, she abruptly started to lecture me. She was really furious and when I asked her what I did, she just left without saying anything. She left me thinking about it and now I’m so confused. This is the first time we argued like that. I can’t believe it!”

Yuto: “Well, I think that you’ll have to talk to her about why she suddenly got angry. But first, let’s give her some space so she can cool down.”

Miki: “Well yeah, let’s leave her to cool down. But for now, I’ll have to focus on the exams.”

                Behind Miki’s thoughts, she was contemplating that she heard Kazumi shout Kei’s name, but when she turned to look, he wasn’t there. So probably, after he saw her with Yuto, Kei ran out from the area.

                Right after eating, Miki thanked Yuto for the food and Yuto asked if he could accompany her back to her next class. On their way:

Yuto: “Miki, what time is your dismissal today?”

Miki: “Uhm... Why’d you ask?”

Yuto: “Well, it’s because I only come pick you up during Monday to Wednesday, so I don’t know your schedule during these days.”

Miki: “Well, it’s our exams today, but it’s until 8 pm.”

Yuto: “That long?”

Miki: “Yep. That’s why we get so tired by the time our classes end. But that’s only for Thursday and Friday.”

Yuto: “But even though, it’s still hard. Then do your parents come pick you up?”

Miki: “Nope. I walk to the parking area where I get a ride home and nothing will go wrong if as long as I walk on the main street.”

Yuto: “Oh. That’s okay.”

                The both of them finally arrived at the door of Miki’s next class and inside, they saw Kazumi and Ryn.

Miki: “Uhm... So, we’re here. Thanks again and so I guess I’ll see you again!”

Yuto: “You take care. Make sure you settle your argument with Kazumi. And, Good Luck in your exams! You can do it!”

Miki: “Thanks very much!”

                As Yuto was walking down the stairs to the main gate, he thought of surprising Miki. So, he planned on picking her up after her class even though he knew that she wouldn’t like it.

After one exam, Miki exited the classroom and saw Kazumi outside. She approached her and said, “Hey, Kazumi. How’s your exam?”

Kazumi didn’t respond.

Miki: “Okay, fine. For whatever I did, I’m sorry about it.”

Kazumi: “Why are you saying sorry to me? It’s not like you did something bad to me.”

Miki: “Then why were you so angry with me earlier? You didn’t even tell me anything.”

Kazumi: “Think about it. How would you react if you saw someone you cared about interact sweetly with someone you knew? How will that make you feel?”

Miki: “Pretty much jealous.”

Kazumi: “Great! There’s your answer!”

Miki: “I don’t get it.”

Kazumi: “You won’t understand it now, but later on you’ll find out.”

Miki: “Okay fine. But still, I’m sorry whatever happened.”

Kazumi: “Just as I said, your sorry isn’t for me.”

So after the conversation, although Miki wasn’t able to grasp the idea, she ended the argument with Kazumi.

7:30 pm

Miki and her classmates had just finished their last exam for the day and were now going to head home. As soon as Miki was walking down the stairs at the main gate, she was so surprised to see Yuto waiting. She rushed down to see him and ask why.

Miki: “Yuto, what are you doing here?”

Yuto: “I came here to pick you up.”

As they conversed, Miki’s classmates looked at them and began to whisper to each other as they passed by.

Miki: “What?! Pick me up? I didn’t tell you to pick me up. And I already told you that I walk to the parking space where I get a ride home.”

Yuto: “I’m sorry for not telling you but if I did then you’d tell me not to come.”

Miki let out a big sigh and said, “Okay, since you’re already here, there’s no way that I could refuse your offer. Thank you.”

Yuto: “Well, it’s only for today because I’m sure you wouldn’t want me to redo what I did just now.”

                So Yuto opened the door and courteously helped Miki get in. Miki told the driver where to take her and they were on their way. The traffic was so terrible so it was difficult for Miki to get home immediately.

                Yuto was at the back seat, sitting with Miki. Miki, who got tired from all the examinations and events that happened during the day, started to fall asleep. Then, in an instant she leaned against Yuto’s shoulder. At first, Yuto was stunned, but when he looked at Miki, he found out that she had fallen asleep.

 

Yuto spoke softly, “I see that you really got tired from class today. Try to get some sleep until we are able to get through this traffic.”

                Miki was so fast asleep that she unknowingly clasped his arm and so Yuto held her hand.

After 30 minutes of being stuck in the traffic, the car was able to get through it. Miki gradually woke up when she heard the loud sound of a car’s horn. Then she noticed that she was leaning against Yuto’s shoulder so she instantly withdrew herself from him.

Miki: “I’m sorry! I’m sorry for leaning on your shoulder without asking you!”

Yuto: “What? No. It’s okay. You don’t have to say sorry. You were so tired that you fell asleep and I understand that.”

Miki: “No. I mean.  I’m sorry that you had to look after me. I can’t believe I fell asleep.”

Yuto: “Don’t fret yourself about it. And besides, the traffic was really long so I let you to rest for a bit.”

Miki: “Thanks again for looking after me.”

                They had finally arrived at Miki’s place so Miki bid “See you later!” to Yuto. And after that, Yuto waved at her then left for home.