Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

Chapter 16 “Christmas Blues”

                It was now the 24th of December and Hey! Say! JUMP had just asked Miki if she could text Kazumi to come to the party later. Miki on the other hand said that she would go back home for a bit to have a change of clothes for the party and then go fetch Kazumi right after. After Miki was able to change and prepare herself, she texted Kazumi saying that they would go to the hotel at the same time. Kazumi replied and said okay. The two arrived at the hotel a bit early and they were both looking for Hey! Say! JUMP. They weren’t able to find them and soon, one of the Hey! Say! JUMP’s fashion stylist passed by. The stylist asked if they were going to the JUMP’s party later. The two nodded and the designer said “Oh, okay. Have fun.” But just as she was about to leave, she turned around and looked at the two from head to toe. Miki and Kazumi looked at her then at themselves anxiously and later the stylist spoke, “Wait, are you two girls going to their party wearing those?”

Miki: “Uhm... Yes...”

Higeko: “Huh! Oh no. No. No my dear girls. That can’t be. We’re talking about nine handsome men here you know. Come with me immediately. It’s been a while since I’ve given women a fashion make over. So with the two of you here, I’ll make sure that you both look your BEST during the party.”

Miki and Kazumi exchanged looks and smiled happily at one another. They went up the stairs and later found themselves in a room filled with beautiful clothes.

Kazumi: “Wow!!!! This is so amazing! The clothes here look wonderful!”

Miki: “I know right! The clothes here look so superb.”

Higeko: “Welcome girls! With me and my colleague here, we’ll make sure that you’ll look beautiful tonight. And surely the guys will be overwhelmed. My colleague's name is Naomi.”

Naomi: "It's nice to meet you."

Kazumi and Miki : "Nice to meet you too." 

Higeko: “Let’s get started then.”

So after a few hours of styling and selecting clothes, the two were finally ready. The stylist led in front of a large mirror and Miki found herself wearing a knee high light peach colored dress with 1 inch high heels. The stylist’s colleague also gave her a beautiful necklace with a heart hanging on it and a peach colored pearl at the center. She also wore earrings with small dangling pearls.

 

Higeko: “The two of you look fabulous! Now, you’re ready to go to the party.”

Miki and Kazumi happily thanked the stylist for giving them a special make over.

Higeko: “Oh no, you don’t have to thank me. I’m just glad I was able to help the two of you. Just as I said, it’s been a while since I’ve given women a makeover, so because of the two of you here, I was able to do that. Thank you!”

Miki: “You’re very welcome!”

Higeko: “Look at the time, the guys might be looking for the two of you right now. Oh, and by the way, feel free to come to me for a makeover anytime.”

Kazumi and Miki: “Thank you very much! Without you, we wouldn’t be wearing something like these now. We’re glad that we were able to meet you.”

                At the hotel’s entrance, the seven members were waiting for Yuto and Yamada to arrive with Miki and Kazumi. Just as Yuto and Yamada got out of the car, the two were wondering why Miki and Kazumi weren’t at the grandstand or at Miki’s house. 

Yuto: “We couldn’t find them anywhere. I tried contacting Miki but she wasn’t answering her phone.”

Chinen: “Could something have happened while they were on their way here?”

Yamada: “I don’t know either.”

Inoo: “We haven’t seen them arrive either.”

While the guys were talking, the door behind suddenly opened.

Miki: “What are you guys doing here? Wasn’t there supposed to be a party now?”

                The nine guys turned around and looked at them with great astonishment.

Chinen: “Kawaii! The two of you look wonderful!”

Keito: “I agree with Chinen. Kazumi, you look beautiful.”

Inoo: “Miki, I love how you’re dressed for tonight.”

 

                After admiring the way the girls were dressed, they now went to start the party. During the party, Miki and Kazumi were seating at the table while the others were conversing with one another at the other side of the large table. On the other hand, Inoo was playing the piano while Yabu and Takaki were singing a tune.

                Yuto had just gotten a glass of wine from the buffet table and began drinking. He continuously looked at Miki as she was looking at Inoo, Yabu and Takaki who were at the stage. He couldn’t wait any longer so he drank up all of the wine, left the wine glass on the buffet table and walked towards Miki.

 

Yuto: “Miki. Can I talk to you for a bit?”

Miki looked up at him and said, “Sure. What was it that you wanted to talk about?”

Yuto turned to Kazumi who was listening to them.

Yuto: “I mean privately.”

Miki: “Ah. Sure.”

 

So Miki stood up and went to talk to Yuto at the side of the room.

Miki: “So, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?”

Yuto: “There’s someone I like.”

Miki’s heart raced as she listened to what Yuto said. Miki was thinking, “What?! He has someone he likes! Could it be me?!  Don’t tell me he’s going to say it here, right now!?”

 

Miki maintained her composure and replied, “Ha? You have someone you like? Who is it?”

Yuto continued to feel nervous as he thought of how he was going to tell Miki that he likes her.

Yuto: “Y... Yes... I really like her. She... She... ”

Just when Miki thought that Yuto was going to say her name...

Yuto: “She’s Kazumi.”

Miki’s heart suddenly stopped beating fast and felt painful stabs over her chest.

Miki looked at Kazumi who was surrounded by the other members then replied, “You... You... You like Kazumi?”

 

Yuto: “Wait. I... I mean...”

Miki: “No. I’m glad to hear that. Congratulations! You didn’t have to tell me about it. You should go tell her immediately before someone else will.”

Just as Yuto was going to reply, Daiki happily approached them and said, “Miki, Inoo’s playing a beautiful tune. Would you like to come and dance with me?”

Miki: “Ha? Su... Sure...”

So Daiki grabbed her hand and led her to the dance floor.

Yuto didn’t know what he was going to do so he went and asked Kazumi to dance.

Miki saw that Yuto and Kazumi made their way to the dance floor. They were so close to one another and Miki couldn’t get her eyes off them. Miki pretended that she was having fun dancing with Daiki, but deep down, her heart was slowly torn to pieces. Just as the song ended, she excused herself and ran out to the balcony. The other members thought that she ran out because she was so excited about the fireworks display so they followed.

 

The display began and Miki watched as the fireworks burst with different colors up in the sky. But she wasn’t enjoying it. She placed both of her hands on her chest and continued to feel the pain. A few minutes later, Yuto approached her. When Miki saw him, she didn’t respond in any way. Yuto tried to talk to her but Miki covered her ears. Other than that, she wasn’t able to hear him clearly because of the fireworks. Miki continued to act that way until Kazumi and Yamada entered the scene. Kazumi saw this and quickly approached Miki.

Kazumi: “Miki, what are you doing!? Why won’t you listen to him? Stop this right now. Come on! Stop acting this way!”

Kazumi’s temper began to rise as she continued to talk to Miki.

Kazumi: “Why aren’t you listening to me? Miki, what’s up with you!?”

Miki couldn’t take it anymore and forcefully released herself from Kazumi’s control. And then she angrily replied, “Stop it! Stop it right now! Let go of me! I don’t want to talk to you so don’t even dare come up to me like that and start saying things that you want! I’ve heard enough from him and I don’t want to listen anymore! You don’t know what I’m feeling right now so just leave me alone!”

After this, Miki ran out from the balcony and returned to her room. She locked her door and after that threw herself on the bed. She covered her face with the pillow and started crying.

 

                A confession turned out as a disaster. What will happen to Miki after she knew that the guy she likes is in love with her close friend? As for Yuto, will he be able to fix this misunderstanding with Miki? Find out on the next chapter.