Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

He pulled her and like a bolt from the blue, his lips touched hers. Miki felt a surge of emotion. Inoo slowly withdrew his head and Miki was stunned. She immediately took the eating utensils and rushed out of the room. As soon as she returned the eating utensils, she went to the balcony and leaned against the marble column.Her heart beat rapidly and so did her breathing. She bit her lip and asked herself, “What in the world just happened?!”

                She didn’t know how to react. Did she feel happy, surprised, disgusted or nervous? Moreover, she was confused.

She touched her lips and questioned, “Did he just...He... He actually... First kiss on the...”

“Ehh!!!!” She covered her face with her hands and screamed out all of the mixed emotions she felt.

“HOW UNEXPECTED CAN YOU GET!? I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! I can’t. I don’t want to return. Not after what happened.”

She returned inside and sat on the sofa. Later, the others entered the living room.

Hikaru: “Miki? Why are you here? I thought you went to see Inoo.”

“I did. He just finished eating so I returned the tableware he used.”

He approached her with suspicion and replied, “Really? Are you sure?”

“What crazy stuff are you thinking of now?”

Hikaru laughed and said that he was joking. Daiki approached her and asked, “Miki, are you feeling okay?”

“Yes I am. Why?”

“It looks like you’re not because your face is all red.”

                She frantically placed her hands on her face and denied that she was feeling unwell.

“Then why do you have a flushed face?” Daiki asked as he ran his hand across her cheek.

“I... Um, I guess I do feel a bit sleepy,” she pretended.

“Then you should return to your room and get some sleep.”

“Eh, there’s no need, But then again, can I rest here instead?”

“No, you can’t rest here. Because it would be difficult since we’re a bit noisy. It’s best if you return to Inoo’s room since you’ll be able to rest there 100%,” Daiki argued.

“It’s okay, I don’t mind. I’m still able to rest even though there’s noise.”

“It’s not good for you since you’re still recovering.”

Daiki took her hand and led her out of the room. They rode the elevator and were on their way up to the floor where Inoo’s room was located.

“Daiki, you don’t really have to worry about me. I can still manage on my own.”

“Even if you say so, Inoo would be very worried and so will we.”

“Then, can I stay in your room for the mean time. I mean, I’ll just have a short nap anyway.”

“Why don’t you want to return to Inoo’s room?”

“I... It’s because he is sleeping. And I don’t want to disturb him.”

“I’m sure he won’t mind so...”

“He also needs a 100% rest so that means I can’t just go in and disturb him. So can I please stay in your room for a bit?”

*Sigh* “Alright then Miki. I’ll take you to my room. But you’ll have to return to Inoo’s room later. I wouldn’t want him to worry about you.”

                “Relief... I’m sorry Kei but after what just happened, I don’t think I can take the pressure of facing you.”

“It’s my first time coming inside your room. And I’m sorry for intruding.”

“That’s okay. You’re welcome to enter if you want.”

After looking around, Daiki showed her the bedroom. He sat on his bed and asked Miki to stay on the other.

“I’m sorry if I forced you to let me sleep here for a while.”

“That’s okay. Um...”

“What is it?”

“Nothing; I was just thinking of something.”

“By the way, do you have any new foreign music?”

“Um yeah, I do. Would you like to listen to some?”

                Daiki went beside Miki and he brought out his music player. Since Miki wasn’t able to understand, Daiki translated to her the message of the songs he played.

“Oh, I like this one. It sounds really great.”

“This is one of my favourite songs.”

“Really? So what is the song talking about?”

“The song is talking about a popular guy who left his hometown together with his friends so that they could have a vacation. During their vacation, his friend meets a girl and they become good friends. One time, the girl went to look for the guy but instead she meets his friend. They spend time together and later found out that they both have a common interest. But the problem was that the girl already likes his friend. Later, he meets the girl again and they spend time together just like before.”

“Oh, I see. It’s like...”

“Like now,” Daiki said as he looked at Miki straight in the eyes.

Miki turned silent.

Daiki held her hand and continued, “The guy became very happy because it’s been a while since he’d seen the girl smile while she was with him. But despite that, he was sad. So, he seized the girl’s hand and said that he had something to tell her.”

“Miki, I like you,” Daiki disclosed.

Miki was bowled over by his statement. She didn’t know what to say so she lowered her head.

“I know this sounds crazy to you but I really do. I wanted to tell you but Inoo got the first say.”

“Daiki, I...”

“I know that you already love Kei. That’s why I’ve been trying to forget this feeling. I’ve tried to find ways to forget. But it’s funny because right now, we’re here. It’s been a while since I got to spend time with you. And in truth, I miss you.”

“But Daiki you can’t...” Miki continued and looked up at him. Daiki instantaneously moved his head and kissed her.

Miki pushed him away and ran out. She rode the elevator and as she rushed out of the hotel, she passed Yuto. She went to the hiding place where Kei pulled her into. She sat down beside a small tree and bit her lips once again.

“Miki” Yuto called out. He looked around until he found Miki.

“Why are you here? Leave me alone.”

“First of all, why’d you come here? And why were you running?”

“It’s none of your business.”

 Yuto walked around and sat against the tree behind Miki.

“Why aren’t you leaving?”

“Because I told you before, that I won’t think of leaving you.”

Miki remembered the voice when she was asleep.

“I don’t believe you. Only Kei tells me that.”

“Even if you say so, I won’t leave you.”

“Fine, you stay here and I’ll leave.”

“If you leave then I won’t have any other choice but to follow.”

“How annoying. You’re so annoying. Can’t you give a person some space?”

“I... Um...”

“Whatever. I’m leaving,” Miki said as she got up.

Yuto quickly stood up and blocked her way. “No, wait. Please stay. I have to talk to you about something.”

“Whatever it is that you’re going to say won’t matter to me.”

 He walked forward until Miki hit the tree. “I don’t care. I want to clear out the misunderstanding between us.”

“What misunderstanding? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You know, about what happened during the Christmas party.”

“There was no misunderstanding during the Christmas party.”

“Then why were you avoiding Kazumi and me?”

“I... I... wanted to give you guys some space. You told me that you liked her right. I was just giving you guys some sweet time. By, the way, how’d it go?”

“What? No. That’s the misunderstanding.”

“No, it’s not. Now that I’ve told you, it’s time for me to leave.”

Yuto grabbed her and hugged her from behind.

“What are you doing?! Let go off me!” Miki yelled as she struggled.

“I love you!”

Her heart began to race, and her emotions slowly recurred but she prevented it.

“Hahaha! You’ve got to be kidding! That’s a really nice joke.”

“Please, believe me when I tell you! I love you Miki!”

“Stop it... Don’t say anymore.”

“I know that you love Inoo but....”

“I told you, keep quiet! I don’t want to listen to what you have to say. You don’t get it.”

“Get what?” Yuto questioned as he spun her around to face him.

“The reason why... Why I chose Kei to be my boyfriend.”

“I know already. You mentioned it to everyone during the countdown party.”

“Baka!  That’s not the reason why,” she said as she became teary-eyed.

“You don’t know the reason why...” she repeated.

“Then if that’s not the reason why, then tell me what it is!”

“I wanted to forget...”

“Forget?”

“I love you...” she mumbled.

“What?”

She fell on her knees and began to sob. “I loved you! I always had. But after what you said last Christmas... during the party... I couldn’t get over it! It hurt so much!”

Seeing her cry, Yuto quickly embraced her.

“I’ve tried so hard after the party just to forget you. I hated you! I wanted to hate you! But I just couldn’t! Then Kei came. He did his best to make me happy after what happened. He took care of me. And yet still, I couldn’t forget the pain! Then he asked the question. I thought that if I loved him then I could forget. And so I did. I became happy. But later, everytime I saw you with Kazumi, I started to feel the pain again. I asked why? Why am I feeling this way!? Shouldn’t I be happy to see you together?! I’ve moved on! But I remembered everything! All the times that I had spent with you! I was jealous! I was even angry with my best friend. I’ve tried so hard to convince myself that there’s nothing left for me but stil I couldn’t help it! Tell me why?! Why must I feel this way?”

She continued to cry as she tightly clasped his shirt. “I love you too much that I just couldn’t forget.”

“Ssh... That’s enough. You don’t have to cry.”

“Please, don’t ever leave me.All I want to do is to be with you,” she cried.

“Don’t worry; I won’t leave you alone ever again. I love you and I always will.”

Yuto was finally able to convey his feelings for her. As for Miki, she felt very happy when she found out Yuto's feelings for her.