Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

Chapter 7“Disastrous” 

As days went by, Miki and Kazumi would go to the manor to see Hey! Say! JUMP during their break time. On Saturday evening, the Hey! Say! JUMP members had just finished eating dinner and were in the living room talking and playing games. Yuto on the other hand, was sitting on the stairs at the Manor’s entrance and was speaking to himself.

Yuto: “I’ve only been with her for a week... Will it be okay with her? What if she turns me down? No. No. No. But how can I tell her? ”

*yuto practicing what he was going to say*

“Uhm Hey! I was wondering...”

Wait... Wait... That’s not it.

“HI! So what’s up? I...”

No. No.

“Hey! I want to tell you something....”

Then Yuto got frustrated of thinking and shouted, “Ugh! That’s not right. What am I going to tell her!?”

While Yuto was there thinking of what he’ll say, Hikaru was about to go out of the door when he saw him. Hikaru thought, “I wonder what he’s worrying about.” So instead of going out, he left a small opening at the door and started listening to Yuto.

Yuto: “Okay, okay... I can do this! I’ll tell her right now.”

So Yuto pulled out his phone and dialled a number.

Miki was at home watching a drama when she found out that Yuto was calling on her phone. She paused what she was watching then ran out to their small balcony and answered the phone.

Miki: “Uhm.. Hi! Yuto! What’s up?”

Yuto: “Hey! Miki! Good evening! Well. I was just....”

Yuto was unsure if he was still going to continue telling her but then again, Yuto gathered all of his courage to speak.

Miki: “Hello? Hello? Yuto, are you still there?”

Yuto: “Oh, sorry. I’m still here. Uhm, I just wanted to say...”

Miki started to feel nervous while listening to Yuto, wondering what he’ll tell her.

Miki: “Say what? What is it?”

Yuto: “I wanted to ask, do you want to go out to the park tomorrow? I mean, just go have fun and stuff.”

Miki: “Let me think.”

Yuto: “Well, it’s okay if you don’t want to. I’m not really forcing you to come or anything.”

Miki didn’t put into mind Yuto’s words and said, “Sure, I’d love to. What time will we meet?”

Yuto: “Really?! I mean, that would be great! I’ll see you tomorrow at 10 am. Is that okay with you?”

Miki: “I’m totally okay with it! So, I’ll see you tomorrow at Melvin Jones Grandstand.”

Yuto: “Okay! I’ll see you there! “Take care now! Good Night! Sweet dreams!”

Miki: “Good night! Sleep tight!”

Hikaru, who overheard Yuto’sconversation got excited about the idea of going to the park also. So he slowly closed the door and ran to the living room and told the others about it.

Yuto ended the call and pocketed his phone. He started jumping with joy when he was finally able to ask Miki out to go to the park with him.

Yuto: “Yes! She agreed to come with me tomorrow! This is my chance to get to know her better! I’ll have to make sure we have a lot of fun tomorrow!”

 

He went returned inside and went to bed early.

The next day, Yuto woke up at about 7 am and went down to eat breakfast. After that, he began to prepare himself for later. At 9 am, Miki texted Yuto that she was on her way out already. Yuto saw her text and was just finishing up when Hikaru started knocking on his bedroom door.

Hikaru: “Yuto, open up.”

Yuto: *opens the door* “What’s up Hikaru? I’m quite in a hurry you see.”

Hikaru: “What’s taking you so long. Let’s go already. We’re all waiting downstairs.”

Yuto: “Wait, what? Where are we going?”

Hikaru: “You said it last night right? We’re going to the park today.”

Yuto: “What?! No. I didn’t mean it like... Hey! How’d you know that I was going to the park today?”

Hikaru: “Oh well... That... I heard you talking in front of the entrance door last night and heard that you mentioned about going to the park today. So I went to tell the others.”

Yuto let out a big sigh and thought to himself, *Oh no! How am I supposed to explain this to Miki? I can’t just tell the others that they can’t come or else they’ll get depressed. And also, they’re all prepared to go out.*Yuto thought hard and decided to take them with him.

Yuto: “Hikaru, okay then, since you’re all prepared, let’s go to the park. But before that, we’ll have to meet up with Miki first.”

Hikaru: “Sure thing. I’ll go tell the others then. We’ll wait for you downstairs.”

Yuto: “Okay Hikaru. I’ll be right there. I’ll just get some of my stuff.”

Hikaru left and Yuto closed his door. He slowly walked towards the left side of his bed and was facing a mirror. Then he started talking again.

*Sighs* “I can’t believe it. I was supposed to spend this day with Miki but... I guess that won’t happen.”

So he grabbed his cell phone, cap, headphones and went downstairs.

Yamada: “Thanks for asking us to go to the park too.”

And all of them rode in the cars, and left.

Miki was listening to music as she stood in front of Melvin Jones Grandstand. She anxiously looked both left and right, hoping to see Yuto. Suddenly, behind a crowd, she got a glimpse of 9 totally cool guys who were just walking but were getting a lot of attention from a lot of people passing by and from behind them. She was shocked, “Wait, Yuto didn’t mention that the others were coming.” Soon after, she was greeted by each of the 9 guys.

Yamada: “Miki, where’s Kazumi?”

Hikaru, Takaki, Chinen and Keito: “Yeah, how come she’s not with you.”

Miki: “Well, she spends Sundays with her family so she didn’t come.”

Yabu: “How about you? Don’t you spend Sundays with your family?”

Miki: “Well it depends actually. My mom’s not here in the city so we have dad who stays with me and my brother. Sometimes, my mom and dad would change places too. We only go out sometimes. But usually, I go out with my big brother when he goes to our cousin’s internet shop.”

Yabu: “Oh I see.”

Daiki: “So, then. Since we’re all here, where will we go to first?”

Miki: “Well, there’s the biking area, Skating area, Bump cars, kids playground, and the most noticeable one, the boating area.”

Inoo: “Okay guys, where’ll we go to first?”

Hikaru: “Skating area!”

Takaki, Keito and Yabu: “Bump cars!”

Chinen, Yamada and Daiki: “Biking Area!”

Inoo: “How about you two? Where do you want to go to?” *staring at Miki and Yuto*

Miki: “Anywhere is fine with me as long as everyone has fun.”

Inoo: “Okay then, if that’s what you say so. So Yuto, you decide where we’re going first.”

Yuto had been thinking about it already. *If we were to go to the bump cars, then I’ll tell Miki to ride with me. Same as the boat ride, it would be a lot better.*

Yuto: “Okay then, let’s go to the Biking area first. After lunch, we go to the skating area and next will be bumping cars. Lastly, to end it all, we’ll go boating. Is that okay with you all?”

So everyone agreed and they went to the biking area. They had fun biking fast and racing with one another. At 11:30 am, they had lunch and about 1:00 pm they headed to the skating area. All of them wore roller blades and started skating around.

After a while, Miki went to sit on a bench since she got a little bit tired of racing with the guys. As she watched, someone handed her an ice cream cone. When she glanced to look at the person, she saw that it was Daiki.

Daiki: “You look tired. Here’s some ice cream. Mind if I sit with you?”

Miki: “Thanks so much Daiki!” Miki moved a bit and said, “Sure, you can sit here.”

Daiki sat down and started to eat his ice cream too.

Daiki: “So, how’s school?”

Miki: “It’s okay. Although all of my classes start at 7:30 in the morning so it can be hard to wake up.”

Daiki: “Ah. I see. How’s the English teaching with Yuto and Inoo going?”

Miki: “Well, it’s fine. They learn quickly so at times we finish early. They also teach me Japanese so it’s pretty fun. And when there’s still a lot of time left, they would joke around and stuff while waiting.”

Daiki: “Well, I’m glad to hear that. Uhm... By the way, do you have someone you like?”

Miki: “Huh?! What makes you say that? Of course I do....don’...”

Daiki: “Ah! You do! You do have someone you like.”

Miki: “No! No I don’t.” *face starts to blush*

Daiki gave out a short laugh and said, “Don’t worry, I’m just joking around. Look, you’re starting to turn red.”

At the same time, Daiki delicately pinched Miki’s nose.

Both of them had just finished their ice cream so Daiki stood up and said, “Well Miki, it was fun talking with you. Let’s get back to the others.”

Miki: “It was also fun talking with you. And thanks for the ice cream too. Let’s go see them then. I was able to rest for a bit anyway.”

So they went to join the others who were still skating and chasing one another.

There were also table tennis areas at some sides of the skating rink but they weren’t able to play because they didn’t have any equipment. They then went in the middle area of the skating rink when they saw the bump cars. While the others were strapping in on the bump cars, Miki, Inoo, Yuto and Yabu were still paying at the counter.Yuto was at front of the line and standing behind were Miki, Inoo, and Yabu respectively.

Inoo: “Miki, do you want to ride with me?”

Yuto: “Wait, I was going to ask her that question.”

Inoo: “Really? But I asked first. ”

Yuto: “Yes, really.”

He looked at Miki and told her, “Miki, ride with me, not Inoo.”

Inoo: “No, ride with me.”

                The two went on and on when Yabu suddenly said, “Wait!  So, to stop you two from arguing...” *He placed his hand on Miki’s shoulder* “Miki, ride with me on the bump car.”

Miki stared at the three and said,”Actually, I wanted to ride on a bump car alone. I haven’t tried riding on one alone, so, if it’s okay with you guys... I won’t ride with any of you. Although thank you so much for inviting me! I’m really sorry! ”

The three guys glared at each other and said, “Oh, okay. Okay. Sorry. So let’s go then.”

                So the four of them rode on each bump car and started bumping and chasing one another.

Their time was up and so they had to end everything.

 

 It was now 3 pm and the ten of them were on their way to the boating area. Miki was at front and walking beside her were Yuto and Inoo. Behind them were the other members. They caught the attention of girls passing by them and those who were sitting down on benches. People then started to whisper,

“Hey, check them out.”

“Wow, they’re so handsome!”

“How I wish I was the one surrounded by those good-looking guys and not her.” Guys in the area also noticed the atmosphere and glared at them. “Hey dude, have you seen them before?” “Nah... They don’t look familiar to me.” “Is the girl with them?” “Don’t tell me that they’re her bodyguards.” “Nah... That can’t be possible. If they were bodyguards, then they should have worn something more formal.” *laughs*

“They look way too enchanting to be bodyguards,” a homoual said.

People around them continued to whisper as they made their way to hire boats.

Once again, Yuto invited Miki, “Miki would you like to ride on a boat with me?”

Miki: “Sure. I’d love to ride with you.”

Chinen, Yamada and Keito overheard Yuto and said, “Yuto! We want to ride with you guys too.”

Yuto, unable to to turn them down replied, “Oh, Uhm... Sure, you can join us.”

                So the five of them rode on one boat and left ahead of the others who were still picking a boat to ride on. Miki was sitting beside Chinen, and sitting behind them was Keito. Facing them was Yuto, who was rowing the boat and behind him was Yamada.

                For a while there was silence in the air but it was disrupted when Chinen started talking.

Chinen: “Miki, what are your feelings towards me?”

The others pondered about the question and so Chinen had to rephrase it.

Chinen: “What are your thoughts about me?”

Miki: “Well, Chinen, to me...”

                The others eyes started to widen as they stared at Miki, waiting for her reply.

Miki: “Actually, Chinen is really handsome and I like your smile. Like when you’re sad, I want to pinch your cheeks and forcefully pull them up just so I can get you to smile. And I would say, “You look ugly when you don’t smile.” Other than that, Chinen is really cool when he does acrobatics.”

Chinen: “Really?! Do you like me then?”

Miki: “You can say it like that...”

Yamada: “Ne... Ne... How about me? What are your thoughts about me?”

Yuto who was silently listening to the conversation began feeling nervous and uncomfortable. Thoughts started to cloud his mind thinking, “What sort of questions are you guys asking? Please Miki stop answering their questions. I don’t want to hear about your feelings any longer. I’m afraid that I will realize something that I don’t want to.”

Miki: “For Yamada... Uhm... Well, I would say that you’re cool when you sing and dance, make funny faces, and probably the impersonations too.”

Yamada: “How much do you like me then?”

Miki: “I like you only as a friend.”

Yamada: “How come? Not as someone more special?”

Miki: “What?! No Way! Just a friend, that’s it!”

Yamada fell silent at what Miki said then he replied, “I’m sorry for saying something crazy. I’m satisfied with your answer already. And I’m after someone else already.”

Miki: “Well, we all go overboard sometimes,” and she smiled.

Keito: “I’m asking next! Uhm... Do you have feelings for me?”

                Yuto got even more uncomfortable by Keito’s question and was going to interrupt but Miki began to answer.

Miki: “Fee... Feelings? For you?”

                Yuto couldn’t take it any longer. He didn’t want to hear her answer because he started to have painful feelings in his heart.

Miki: “What kind of feelings are you talking about?”

Keito: “Love.”

Miki: “Well...  Uhm... Feelings of Love?”

Yuto: “Hey! Guys! Why won’t we go home now? It seems that it will start to get dark already and hey! Our time’s almost up. A watcher might come looking for us soon.”

Chinen: “Aw too bad. I wanted to stay a little bit longer.”

                So the 5 of them searched for the others and returned the boats. They were on their way to the parking lot when Yuto pulled Miki and told her to let the others walk ahead of them because he wanted to talk to her.

Miki: “Uh. Ah. Sure. What’s wrong?”

Yuto: “What were you trying to say a while ago?”

Miki: “About what?”

Yuto: “On the boat.”

Miki: “What? Those statements that I said about Chinen and the others?”

Yuto: “Yes. Why’d you go saying those?”

Miki: “Because they asked me. It’s not like I said something bad or anything. Why are you concerned about that anyway?”

Yuto: “I. I’m not concerned or anything. I just... I mean you shouldn’t go answering questions that involve you telling others what you feel.”

Miki: “Feelings?! There’s nothing wrong when I tell others what I think about them. And I really do like Chinen. He’s cute and so is his smile. It’s the truth anyway. And regarding Yamada, well he is also cool. And for Keito, he’s remarkable, most especially when he plays the guitar. What’s wrong with saying those?!”

Yuto: “There’s nothing wrong with saying it. It’s the feelings that I’m talking about! You like this and that. And maybe after what you just said, you’ll come to a conclusion and tell Keito that you have feelings... Feelings of Love for him!”

Miki: “What makes you say that?! It’s not because I said that he’s remarkable and cool doesn’t mean that I love him already! What’s the point of this conversation anyway? You could’ve just asked me also about what are my thoughts about you instead of having this kind of conversation! And was this the reason why you wanted to leave the boat in a rush?! Really?! I’m not saying anymore. I’m going ahead. Thanks for inviting me today.”

Miki hurriedly left Yuto and ran to catch up with the others. Yuto on the other hand was left standing looking at Miki as she left. Then he thought to himself, “It’s true. This was the reason why I ended the boating so suddenly. I didn’t want to listen anymore or to ask you what you felt about me because I’m afraid.” Then he continued to walk so he can catch up with the others.