Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

Chapter 12 “Pass the time”

It was Sunday and Miki went to the hotel by herself. As she arrived there, she was looking for Yuto but he wasn’t present. The person she saw was Daiki, who was sitting in the living room.

Miki: “Uhm... Hi! Have you seen Yuto?”

Daiki: “Ah Miki! Hi! No. I haven’t seen him. Why are you looking for him?”

Miki: “Mm... Nothing.”

Daiki: “Well, I haven’t seen him so he must’ve went out. He’ll probably come back later.”

                After Daiki’s statement, Miki asked if she could wait for him here at the living room. After a while...

Miki: “Oh. Uhm... So, since he’s not here, I’ll just leave then. Thanks!”

Daiki: “Wait Miki! Don’t go yet. I’m really bored and I wanted to go somewhere but no one’s here to go with me.”

Miki: “Well, I don’t have much to do so... If you like, I could accompany you for a while.”

Daiki: “That’d be great! Let’s go then! I’ll just get some stuff and we’ll go.”

                Miki went out first to wait for Daiki. She wondered where is it that he wanted to go to. A few seconds later, Daiki came out the door.

Miki: “So where is it that you wanted to go to?”

Daiki: “Uhm... I want to go to the mall.”

 Miki: “What do you want to do there?”

Daiki: “You’ll see.” *smiles*

                As soon as they arrived at SM, Miki’s stomach started to grumble. She tried to hide it from Daiki, but Daiki noticed it as soon as they were on the escalator.

Daiki: “I see that you’re hungry.”

Miki: “Uhm... No. No. Don’t worry about it. It’s nothing.”

Daiki: “No that is unacceptable. You need to put something in your stomach or you might get sick.”

                Miki tried to say that it was okay but Daiki grabbed her hand and led her in front of a store. Miki noticed the name and it said, “Crepes and cream.”

Daiki: “Can you come with me on this. I saw this before but I didn’t have a chance to buy. So now that I have a companion, would you eat some with me?”

Miki: “Oh! So this is why you wanted to come here. Well, since is what you came for, then I’ll go along with you.”

Daiki: “Thanks very much! By the way, this is only the beginning.”

Miki: “Ha? Really? Hahaha... Okay then.

                So, they entered the store and bought two crepes. As they exited, they began to eat as they walked around the mall. Then, they went to the terrace and continued to eat there.

Daiki: “Are you having fun so far?”

Miki: “Yup. *smiles*”

Daiki: “That’s great, because there are still some places that I wanted to go to. Are you up for it?”

Miki: “Of course I am!”

Daiki: “Then, we’ll be going to have more fun after we finish eating.”

Miki: “Okay.”

Daiki: “By the way, how are things going with the two?”

Miki: “Two? You mean Yuto and Kei.”

Daiki: “Yup.”

Miki: “It’s fine. Uhm... During the times wherein we are outside from the learning circle, I hang out with either of them.”

Daiki: “You mean you hang out with them alternately?”

Miki: “No not like that. It’s like whoever comes to school to see me or the first person who meets me when I go to the hotel is the one I hang out with. It all depends.”

Daiki: “So how come you came looking for Yuto?”

Miki: “Well, I wanted to thank him once again for taking me home last Friday.”

Daiki: “What? He took you home?”

Miki: “It’s a long story but yeah. My dismissal was at 8 and by the time that I was walking down the stairs, I saw him waiting in front of the car. I didn’t know that he came to pick me up.”

Daiki: “Oh. It probably was unexpected.”

Miki: “Really, it was.”

 

Daiki: “Did Inoo know about it?”

Miki: “I’d say that he didn’t because I was only able to tell Yuto my schedule when he asked last Friday morning.”

Daiki: “Oh, okay.”

 

Daiki: “Can I ask you something else?”

Miki: “Sure. Although I think this is starting to turn out into an interview.” *laughs*

Daiki: “Maybe yes, maybe no. Haha... What can you say about our group?”

Miki: “One of the best groups that I’ve met. And you’re all so cute and funny.”

Daiki: “Wow, really? I’m glad to hear that.”

Miki: “I also love your songs although I still don’t know your group that well.”

Daiki: “Even though. The other members would really be happy to hear that.”

 

Daiki: “Next question. Can you give me your best description for each of us?”

Miki: “I don’t know if I’ll be able to answer that directly, but I’ll tell you everything that’s on my mind. Firstly, for Yuto, he’s one cool drummer and tap dancer. He has a lot of dreams and goals that he wants to achieve in life. He also loves to listen to music, filming and composing songs. For Kei, he’s really cool when he plays the piano. He’s really nice and fun to be with. And he’s also the one who’s there to help me solve my problems. Thirdly, for Chinen, he’s so amazing with acrobatics. Also I totally love his smile. It’s just so cute. And for that case, I really really like him.”

Daiki: “Ha! Then that means that he’s your ichiban?!”

Miki: “Nope. He’s not my ichiban. But I would really have loved it if he was my little brother. He’s just so cute!”

Daiki: “Oh... I thought he was you ichiban.”

Miki: “Moving on, for Daiki, he’s really kind and fun to be with also. He’s great at singing too. So, for me, he makes a wonderful friend that I can be with. Next would be Yamada. He’s the type of guy whom a lot of girls like.”

Daiki: “How about you, don’t you like him?”

Miki: “Like, only to the point that he is a friend. His charm doesn’t really go through me and yeah, he’s really funny and cool. He’s good at singing too. Next is Takaki. As expected, he’s the totally cool type of guy. But he is nice and kind. And for me, he would make a really cool brother. After him would be Yabu. He’s great when he plays the acoustic guitar. He is cool and nice. And just like Takaki, I’d love him to be my brother. For Hikaru, uhm... He’s totally awesome when playing the bass guitar. Not only that, he’s also cool when he’s juggling and he’s just so funny. So, for me, he’d make a good friend. Oh, I almost forgot Keito. He’s so totally, totally, totally amazing when he plays the electric guitar! It’s just so totally COOL! And he’s really cute too.”

Daiki: “Ha! So does that mean that he’s the one you like?!”

Miki: “No. Yes. Probably? But I really admire his talent. I wonder, he’d probably be a good brother too. And to complete it all, for Ryutaro, he’s the MOST adorable member of the group. He’s just so cute and I would want him as a little brother too. Well, that’s it.”

Daiki: “Well, I’d say you’ve given each of us good descriptions.”

                By the time Miki finished telling Daiki her descriptions of each member, both of them finished eating their crepes.

Miki: “Well, since we’re finished eating, why won’t he head out to the other places that you wanted to go to.”

Daiki: “Okay then, let’s go!”

                Once again, they rode on the escalator and went up to the last floor.

Daiki: “Are you into playing at the arcade?”

Miki: “A bit.”

Daiki: “What games do you like to play?”

Miki: “Only air hockey and the shooting games. I’m not really into the dancing games because I’m not very good at it.”

Daiki: “Okay then, we’ll play the games you like.”

Miki: “Wait, don’t you have games that you want to play? If you want to play the dancing games then I’ll try my best to keep up.”

Daiki: “Don’t worry about it. We’re both here to have fun so it wouldn’t matter which games we play.”

                So the two of them headed out to buy tokens and started playing different shooting games, air hockey and others. After that, Daiki led her to the other side of the arcade. Miki saw that they were in front of the 4D store “Max rider.” The two of them picked the one with horror in it and one more with adventure. They both enjoyed 20 minutes of the ride and soon after that, they were both exhausted.

Daiki: “Hahaha. That sure was fun.”

 Miki: “You can say that again. Hahaha.”

It was already 3 pm in the afternoon and they ended the fun and were on their way back to the hotel. In the car,

Daiki: “Do you like listening to music?”

Miki: “Yes I do. That’s why wherever I go I make sure that I carry with me my headset.”

Daiki: “That’s cool. So, what kind of music do you listen to?”

Miki: “Taiwanese songs, Japanese songs and Western songs. But I don’t really listen to Korean songs.”

Daiki: “How come?”

Miki: “It’s not that I hate them but it’s just that I’m more into Taiwanese and Japanese songs. But yes, their songs are good too.”

Daiki: “Oh, I see.”

Miki: “How about you, do you like listening to music?”

Daiki: “Yup. I like listening to foreign music.”

Miki:  “Wow, that’s great. Can you share with me some of your songs then?”

Daiki: “Sure why not.”

                So Daiki brought out his music player, placed one earphone on his right ear and asked Miki to wear the other one on her left ear. Then he started playing different songs and Miki got interested in most of them so she asked him if he could send them to her.

Just as they arrived, they were still listening to music together as they walked into the living room and found the other members there. Everyone found it unusual when they saw the two and for Yuto and Inoo, they were quite startled to see them together so they immediately asked where they went to.

Daiki: “Hey everybody! Well...”

Miki:  *removes the headphone*“It’s not what you think. I came here this morning to find Yuto so I can thank him again but when I came to the living room; no one was here except Daiki. I was going to leave when Daiki asked me if I could accompany him out because he was already bored. So I said “Sure” and he took me to SM. We went around SM and not only that; I accompanied him to play at the arcade. And right after that, we came back here.”

Yuto: “Then that means that he asked you out and you both went out on a date.”

Daiki: “Wait a second there Yuto. I didn’t ask her out. I only wanted to have someone whom I can go with at SM, but since none of you guys were here and it was the time that Miki came in, I asked her if she wanted to come with me.”

Yuto: “If you came to see me, why didn’t you wait until I came back? But then again, you went out with Daiki.”

Miki started to get mad and walked to the door. She turned the knob and looked back at Yuto.

Miki: “You just don’t get it. Fine, if that’s what you want to believe then okay, I went out on a date with Daiki and we had loads of fun! He’s really fun to be with! And oh, for the record, I waited here for like two hours and you didn’t come!”

Just as soon as she finished talking, she went out and slammed the door behind her. Everybody fell into silence as they looked at each other.

Daiki: “She’s right you know. She waited for you but you didn’t come. So when she was about to leave, I told her if she wanted to come to me. I thought that to pass the time, we would go out for a while then return in the afternoon hoping that you would be back already. ”

                After finishing his statement, Daiki left and went to his room. Once again, Yuto couldn’t stop thinking that it was his fault. He didn’t listen to the whole story and now he’s having another misunderstanding with Miki.

 

                Miki was on her way home and couldn’t stop thinking about what she said to Yuto.

“I can’t believe it! I’m so stupid! I yelled at him again. Urgh. But he just couldn’t...”

Tears started to fill her eyes and she wanted to scream to release her anger but she tried her best to keep it all together. She didn’t want to cry about something like that.