Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

Chapter 19 “Roaming around”

 

It was now the 30th of December and New Year continues to draw closer. Miki had just woken up as the rays of the sun began to shine over her bedroom window. It marked the new script which would be played on the stage of life.

 

Miki: *Yawns* “It’s another day for new and exciting events. What was I going to do today?”

Miki: “Ah! I remember! Today’s the day that wherein JUMP’s going to buy New Year presents. Hmm... They invited me and Kazumi to go so... But I remembered that I don’t have enough money left to buy any presents. *sigh* I guess I can just look around while they buy gifts. I wonder if Kazumi would buy anything. But what the heck, I’m still going with them. As long as we have fun at the mall then I’m happy already.”

 

So Miki got up from her bed and looked for what clothes to wear. A few minutes later, she went downstairs, took a bath and got changed.

 

Just as she finished preparing herself, someone was knocking on the door. She quickly ran down to see who was at the door and found out that it was Inoo.

 

Inoo: “Ohayoo Miki!”

Miki: “Kei? Uhm... Ohayoo! What brings you here?”

Inoo: “Oh. Didn’t you get my message?”

Miki: “Message? Oh wait, I’ll check my phone.”

She was charging her cell phone that was why she wasn’t able to see Inoo’s message.

Miki: “I’m so sorry. I wasn’t able to read your message. I left my phone in my bedroom to charge and I was going to get it when I heard someone knocking on the door.”

Inoo: “Oh that’s okay. Actually, I came to pick you up. The others were excited to go out to the mall so they all woke up early.”

Miki: “Well, judging from the time, the mall doesn’t open until 10 am. And it’s still 8:30. But I can’t blame them, since I woke up early too.”

Inoo: “My timing was perfect then.”

Miki: “You’re already familiar with the time that I wake up. Most especially when I stayed at the Hotel for a couple of days.”

Inoo: “It was worth knowing since I was able to predict what time you were ready.”

Miki: *laughs* “Anyway, I just finished preparing so let me just get my other things and we can go see the others.”

Inoo: “Okay. I’ll wait for you here.”

Miki left the door slightly opened and went to get her other things. A few seconds later, she came out and locked the door.

Miki: “Okay, let’s go!”

 

In the car,

Inoo: “I’m guessing you haven’t eaten yet.”

Miki: *laughs* “You sure have done a lot of research haven’t you?”

Inoo: “Probably. So, am I right?”

Miki: “I couldn’t say that you’re wrong.*laughs*”

Miki: “I’d guess that you haven’t eaten either, have you?”

Inoo: “Umm...”

Miki: “Ha! I knew it.”

 

Inoo: “Since it’s still early, where do you want to eat? It’ll be my treat.”

Miki: “Hmm. Okay. Let’s see here. You still haven’t gone to 50’s diner have you?”

Inoo: “Where’s that?”

Miki: “As the name implies, the theme of the diner are from the 50s. Elvis Presley, The Beatles, and other famous artists from the past. I’ m not really familiar with a lot of past artists.”

Inoo: “It sounds like a good idea.”

Miki: “Okay then, I’ll tell the driver.”

 

A few minutes later, they arrived at the diner.

 

There was a waitress at the entrance so Miki asked for a table for two. The waitress went inside to look for a vacant spot then returned and showed the two to their table. She handed over two menus and left the two to decide on what to order.

 

Inoo: “So, how many times have you gone to this place?”

Miki: “I came here two to three times with my classmates I think.”

Inoo: “Okay then, I’ll order whatever food you’ll order since it’s still my first time here.”

Miki: “What? No, wait. I’m not that familiar with all of the food yet.”

 

Inoo: “What meals have you tried out then, the ones that you like?”

Miki: “There’s the club sandwich and pancake tower. And that’s a lot to get you full already because their servings here are big. So I would suggest ordering one of each.”

Inoo: “So, what do you want to drink then?”

Miki: “I know that it’s still a bit early but, a strawberry shake would be nice.”

Inoo: “Oh, so you’re fond of strawberries too?”

Miki: “Not really. It just tastes good so I like ordering it.”

 

After deciding, Miki called a waiter to get their order. The two waited for the food to be served, so they continued to converse with each other.

 

Miki: “Ne, do you have a girlfriend now?”

Inoo: “No. I don’t have one yet.”

Miki: “Ehh... How come? ”

Inoo: “That’s a secret.”

Miki: “But do you have plans on having a girlfriend?”

Inoo: “Probably.”

Miki: “Ehh... Then that means that you have someone you like?”

Inoo: “...”

Miki: “Ha! I knew it. So, who is she? Is she cute? Does she belong from the same University as you are? Well, surely she’s from Japan. I totally want to know who she is. You’ve got to tell me.”

Inoo: “You’ll find out sooner or later.”

Miki: “Aw, but I want to know now.”

The food had just arrived so the two of them began to eat.

Inoo: “How about you do you have a boyfriend already?”

Miki: “Nope. I’m an NBSB and somehow I’m happy being one.”

Inoo: “What does NBSB stand for?”

Miki: “It means No Boyfriend Since Birth.”

Inoo: “I see. Why do you say that you’re happy being one?”

Miki: “Well, it’s probably because I am able to spend time with either my friends, family and also my studies. Another is that I don’t have relationship to look after.”

Inoo: “But have you liked someone before?”

Miki: “I’ve only had crushes. That’s all.”

Inoo: “Oh, is that so? Then if someone would have asked you to be his girlfriend, what would you say?”

Miki: “Well, I wouldn’t think of giving an answer right away. But still, it depends on what kind of situation I am in.”

 

The two took their time talking about many different things until the time that Inoo got a call from Yabu.

Yabu: “Hey Inoo, where are you? I thought you went out to fetch Miki.”

Inoo: “Oh, sorry. Yeah, she’s with me right now. I accompanied Miki to have breakfast since she still hasn’t eaten when I picked her up a few hours ago. Anyway, we just finished eating. So, we’ll just meet you guys at the mall since it’s almost opening time.”

Yabu: “Oh, okay. We just left a few minutes ago so, we’ll just see each other there. Bye!”

Inoo: “Okay. Bye!”

 

So the two left the diner and Inoo asked how far they were from the mall.

Miki: “We’re probably more or less a kilometre away from the mall so, if you like, we can just walk.”

Inoo: “Sure why not.”

 

A few minutes later, they arrived just as the mall had opened. They began to look around until they were able to spot the others who were a floor above them. They rode on the escalator going up. The others were already waiting for them in front of the department store so they walked faster.

 

Daiki: “Where’d the two of you go? We were waiting for you to arrive at the hotel but you guys didn’t come.”

Inoo: “Miki took me to a place called 50’s diner, and that’s where we ate breakfast. I’m sorry since I wasn’t able to inform you guys about it.”

Yabu: “Now that we’re all here, let’s go look around for any cool stuff.”

 

 

So the gang began checking out the sales from the last floor of the department store until they went down to the first floor. It took them about 2 hours and later on, went to find for a place to eat.

Once again, they began to look around after eating lunch. 3 hours later, they passed by Blue Magic, but Miki wanted to check out the stuffed toys so the others followed and started to look around too.

 

Miki: “Wow! They all look so cute!!!”

Inoo: “Do you like them?’

Miki: “Yup. How I want to have them so much.” >,

She continued to look around until Miki saw a medium sized peach colored bear.

Miki: “Kya!!! This one looks so super duper cute!”

But when she looked at the price tag, she frowned.

Inoo: “What’s the matter?”

Miki: “Oh, nothing. Nothing’s wrong. So, I’m done looking around. Let’s go check the other stores now.”

Inoo: “Okay.”

Miki then put down the bear and went out of the store. After going to Blue Magic, everyone split up and went to different stores. Yuto didn’t have any companion so he began to follow the two.

Miki and Inoo returned to the department store and bought some chocolates. They continued to walk around the department store after purchasing. Later, they saw the displays of jewellery so they looked around. At a distance, Yuto was doing the same thing. Although Miki noticed the presence of Yuto, she still ignored him. Miki admired the jewelleries but she wasn’t able to find any that was of her interest. Miki wanted to check the other jewellery displays on the other side but because Yuto was there, she asked Inoo if they can leave.

Just as the two left, Yuto spotted a lovely necklace. It was made of silver and dangling on it was a crescent moon with a lustrous bluish white gemstone. He asked the sales lady to take it out so he can have a better look at it.

 

The saleslady handed him the necklace and said, “This necklace just came in a few days ago and it’s the only one of its kind. Many people have already thought of buying it but none of them came back.”

Yuto: “Well, it really is eye catching.”

Saleslady: “You know that would really make a good present.”

Yuto: “I agree.”

A minute or two later, Yuto decided to buy it. He handed it back to the saleslady and the sales lady said that she would throw in a special box for it. Just as Yuto was going to leave the saleslady asked, “Does that necklace remind you of someone?”

Yuto: “Yes. Yes it does. She’s someone who loves looking at the evening sky most especially the stars and the moon. Somehow, this necklace greatly reminds me of her.”

Saleslady: “Ah, I see. Then you’re lucky to have been able to find that necklace and surely, the girl to be very fortunate. So, do you plan on giving that to her?”

Yuto: “Yes. And she’s someone very special to me.”

Saleslady: “Oh. Well I’m sure she’ll be very happy to receive it.”

Yuto: *smiles* “I hope she will.”

Yuto exited the department store and thought of searching for the two once again. As he walked around, he saw Miki and Inoo sitting on a bench. They were both laughing while eating the chocolates that they bought. He felt so irritated but at the same time jealous at what he was seeing. So he left and went up back to Blue Magic.

A few hours had passed and the sun began to set. Miki rushed to the balcony, stared at the sky and began to take pictures.

 

Yuto, who was at the other end of the balcony was going to call out her name but saw Inoo walk towards her and leaned on the railings. Then, he tried to move a few meters closer and began to listen to the conversation.

Inoo: “Do you like sunsets?”

Miki: “Yes I do. They’re one of my absolute favourites. And I usually take pictures when I see beautiful sunsets.”

Inoo: “I see. Well, they are breathtaking.”

Miki: “I know right. It’s just that every time I look at them, I am able to forget all my worries.”

Inoo: “Then, how about when you’re with me? Are you able to forget your worries?”

Miki: “Huh? Of course I am. Well, spending time with you and viewing sunsets are two different stories already but despite that, both are very special.”

After her statement, the two fell silent and continued to watch as the sun set. Yuto incessantly looked at Miki who was smiling and whose eyes sparkled with wonder as the sun’s rays continued to slowly diminish with every second that it set.

Miki who was looking at the sunset suddenly had an odd feeling and as she glanced at her right side, she saw Yuto looking at her. Yuto quickly turned his view at the sunset and waited for Miki to look away. Miki stared at him with full suspicion then slowly looked away. Inoo noticed her behaviour so he asked if anything was wrong. Miki replied, “No. Nothing’s wrong.” Despite her answer, he looked around and saw Yuto. Then he said, “Oh, I see Yuto’s here to watch the sunset too.” Miki listened but didn’t look at Yuto.

Inoo: “Uhm, can you wait here? I’ll just go talk to him for a sec.”

Miki: “Uh... Sure.”

Inoo went beside Yuto and leaned against the railings. Then he said, “Why aren’t you with Kazumi? Didn’t you confess to her during the Christmas Eve party?”

Yuto didn’t reply.

Inoo: “Or could it be that she neglected you?”

Yuto: “What? What are you talking about?! I didn’t confess to her.”

Inoo: “Well, according to a certain someone, that’s what you said and surely that’s what you did.”

Yuto: “No. That’s not it.”

Inoo: “There’s no need to deny it.”

Yuto: “I’m telling you the truth! My words slipped so all of it was just a misunderstanding. Things weren’t supposed to end that way.”

Inoo: “Is that so. Well, whether it’s the truth or not, someone else still wouldn’t believe you.” *glances at Miki*

Yuto: “Really! It’s not because she tells you everything doesn’t mean that you can just come up to me and tell me about my faults. The things between me and her are none of your business.”

Inoo: “I wouldn’t be interfering with it but since she told me about it, it’s partly my business now.”

There was a moment of silence then Inoo spoke again, “Do you like her?”

Yuto: “Ha?! What?! Now you’re asking questions like that out of the blue!”

Inoo: “Well, there’s nothing wrong about asking about it.”

Yuto: “Yes there is!”

Inoo: “For how long have you liked her?”

Yuto: “I told you! I’m not going to answer your questions!”

Inoo: “Well, if you don’t then that means all the times you spent with her were nothing but play time.”

Yuto: “Don’t even dare say that! I’ve treasured all the times that I spent with her.”

Inoo: “Then tell me if she even matters to you.”

Yuto: “It’s not worth telling you.”

Inoo: “Because, I’ll admit, I’ve liked her ever since she came to the Hotel. Every time I see her laugh, my heart skips a beat and when she smiles, my heart feels at ease. I haven’t met a girl like her before.”

Yuto stared at him and did not reply.

Inoo stretched himself as he stood up properly. He was about to leave him when he imparted, “Tomorrow night during the Countdown party, if you’re not going to speak, then I’ll make my move.”

Inoo left Yuto speechless and re-joined Miki who was waiting for him. The two of them left first and Yuto began to panic.

Thoughts came rushing into his head as he began to think of many different things.

*I can’t believe what I heard just now! Was he serious about it or was he just joking around. Why didn’t I notice anything before? It was no wonder that he knows so much of what was going on between us! Does he really like her too? If this continues then I’ll lose my chance of telling Miki what I feel. I can’t let this happen. I’ve got to do something!*

Yuto continued to think of a way to stop Inoo when Yabu suddenly came and tapped him on the shoulder.

Yabu: “Hey! What’s up?”

Yuto: “Oh, Hi! I was busy thinking about something.”

Yabu: “About what? What were you thinking of?”

Suddenly, Yuto’s light bulb lit up and then he said, “Yabu, please!”

Yabu: “Why? What’s wrong?”

Yuto: “We’re having the Countdown party tomorrow night, right?”

Yabu: “Yes we are. Why?”

Yuto: “I really need your help! You’ve got to prevent Inoo from getting close to Miki tonight!”

Yabu: “Why? What’s a matter with that?”

Yuto: “It’s because I have something to tell her and Inoo is in the way of telling me.”

Yabu: “Oh, really? Then why won’t you just talk to him about it?”

Yuto: “That’s because he has something in mind that he’ll do.”

Yabu: “And what is that?”

Yuto: “I’m not very sure myself but please, I really need your help tomorrow. Uhm... I know! Try to construct activities for tomorrow night so he won’t get close to her. It doesn’t matter what game it will be as long as he stays away from her.”

Yabu: “Whoa, whoa. You don’t need to get all hyped up. I know already. I’ll try my best to help you during the party.”

Yuto: “Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help!”

So, Yuto and Yabu returned to the Manor as they continued to plan on the activities that would transpire during the party.

On the other hand, Inoo had just arrived at the Hotel after taking Miki home. He went to their instrument room and sat in front of his keyboard. He gave out a big sigh and said to his self, “Tomorrow for sure, I’ll tell her everything. And I won’t let anyone get in the way, not even Yuto.” And he began to practice on his keyboard again.

Finally, Yuto was able to find a solution to his problem and all there is to it is to plan a way wherein he will be able to spend time with Miki. But the problem that still lies is that even though Inoo has no idea of Yuto’s plan, he won’t give up so easily without a fight.

Who will emerge victorious?”  I mean, who will be the one who’ll confess first? And who will she choose?