Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

Chapter 20 “Now or never”

   

4 pm on the 31st of December, JUMP members were preparing for their countdown party at the hotel.

                Miki had just arrived at the Hotel when she happened to meet JUMP’s female stylist, Higeko.

Miki: “Oh, Hi again! It’s been a while since I haven’t seen you.”

Higeko: “It’s nice to see you again. Let me guess you’re going the JUMP’s countdown party tonight aren’t you?”

Miki: “Yes I am. And...”

Higeko: “Come with me. I already know what you’re going to say.”

                Just as they arrived in the dressing room, Higeko asked Miki, “Where’s your friend? Isn’t she coming to the party?”

Miki: “Well, no. She’s spending her New Year with her family so she’s not coming. As for me, I’m alone in our house here so JUMP invited me to their celebration.”

Higeko: “Oh, okay. Now let’s see here, how about you try and look for something you want to wear.”

 

Miki was browsing over the clothes and found a knee high strapless white dress with ruffles on the sides.

Higeko: “I see you like that dress. Well if that’s the one you have chosen then you can get changed and we’ll fix your hair and put on some make-up.”

A few hours later, the stylist’s colleague, Naomi just came in and said, “Is Miki here?”

Higeko: “Yes she is. And I’m almost done with her make up.”

Naomi: “Oh I see. Well, Inoo kun saw me walking at the hallway and passed me this. He told me to give it to Miki.”

Miki: “Hmm? What is it?”

Miki opened the small plastic bag and there was a small box inside. Higeko and Naomi asked her to open it so that they will see what was inside. Just as she opened it, she found a silver bracelet inside with her name on it and a pair of dangling earrings with stars on it.

Miki was so surprised with what Inoo gave her and the Naomi told her to wear it during the party. So she put on the earrings and the bracelet. Then she stood up and looked at herself on the mirror.

Higeko: “You look exquisite my dear.”

Miki: “Thank you very much! And I wouldn’t look like this for tonight if it weren’t for your help.”

Higeko: “You’re very welcome! So, you’ll need to get going already since the party will be starting soon.”

Miki: “Really, thanks so much! I’ll be going first then. I hope to see you during the party. Take care!”

Higeko: “We’ll see you later too. Have fun and take care also!”

 

                So Miki left the room and went to see the others. Yabu was talking to Yuto when they saw Miki come into the room.

Yabu: “Wow, my little sister is well-dressed for the party.”

Yuto: “Huh? What are you talking about? How come you’re calling her as your little sister?”

Yabu: “Oh that. I was talking to her one time when she told me that I’m like a big brother to her. So I told her that she can call me big brother. As for me, I would also call her as my little sister.”

Yuto: “Really? She told you that.”

Yabu: “Yes she did. She told me that she already has two big brothers but still, for her, having big brothers is cool. Although she said that she would have wanted a big sister too.”

                They continued to watch Miki as she greeted the others who were sitting at the table. But soon after, Inoo entered the room and was looking around for Miki. When he spotted her, he directly walked towards her.

Yuto: “Oh no. He’s here.”

Yabu: “Don’t worry, I’m on it already.”

                Yabu quickly ran in front of Inoo and began to talk to him.

Yuto looked at them and said, “That was close. I’m glad Yabu is here to help me.”

 

                It was now 8:00 in the evening and the Countdown party began. Unlike their Christmas Eve party, there were more people who came to attend. People were conversing here and there but for Miki, she was sitting at the table on her own. Later, Yabu and Daiki announced that each Hey! Say! JUMP member will have an intermission number and in between, a short game.

 

In two hours time, the members who finished their intermission number were Yabu, Keito, Daiki, Yamada, Yuto, Takaki and Chinen respectively. And in between, during the games, Yabu and Yuto prevented Inoo from getting close to Miki. In a short time, Inoo was able to notice this but it didn’t matter to him.

Then Yabu said, “Okay, this time we won’t be having a game. But, what we’ll do is that the eight of you will be blindfolded including Miki.”

Miki: “Huh? Why do I have to be blindfolded?”

Yabu: “Because you’re part of it too. For the eight of you, we’ve done this before already. I’ll be asking questions and you’ll be voicing out what’s on your mind. But don’t worry; the microphones are hooked with voice alterations so that means, you won’t know whose talking.

 I’d like to call this, “*Voices. Guess who?*”

                9 chairs were set in front of the hall and each individual went to find a spot. They were each given blindfolds and mikes. Yabu asked them to test out their mike if it was working properly. Soon after, they started.

Yabu: “First question. So far, how are you enjoying your vacation?”

 

Voice 5: “I’m having a lot of fun. Particularly, I was able to meet someone special.”

Voice 7: “I agree. I really love being with my special person too. When I’m with my special person, I feel calm and happy.”

Voice 1: “Yes. Yes. I have lots of fun being with my special person.”

Voice 3: “I’ve fallen for my special person.”

Voice 4: “Well, I have fallen for my special person. But we look at each other as very close friends.”

Voice 2: “I love to hang out with my special person. Most of the time, we joke around with one another.”

Voice 8: “I’ve fallen for my special person too. So I’m trying my best to win my special person’s heart.”

Voice 9: “I love staying beside my special person. That’s because I become happy when I’m with my special person.”

Voice 6: “I care about my special person.”

 

Yabu: “Second Question. Well, then. How about describing your special person?”

 

Voice 8: “My special person is kind. Not only that, my special person is patient.”

Voice 2: “My special person loves to laugh at my jokes.”

Voice 5: “My special person is considerate and enjoys being with me.”

Voice 6: “Mine is sincere.”

Voice 3: “Mine enjoys hanging out with me. Also, my special person loves to laugh at my jests.”

Voice 9: “My special person loves to hang out and go to different places.”

Voice 1: “Mine is cute. My special person is also thoughtful.”

Voice 7: “Mine is shy but at the same time, my special person enjoys going out together.”

Voice 4: “My special person is cheerful and really fun to go out with.”

 

Yabu: “Do you think your special person recognizes those feelings of yours?”

 

Voice 2: “Probably.”

Voice 4: “I’m not sure.”

Voice 1: “I guess so.”

Voice 3: “No.”

Voice 5: “I would have to say yes.”

Voice 7: “I can probably say yes.”

Voice 6: “I’m not sure.”

Voice 9: “No, I don’t think so.”

Voice 8: “Somehow, I’d have to say yes.”

 

Yabu: “If you were given a chance to spend a day with your special person during this New Year, what would you do?”

 

Voice 6: “I’ll take my special person to places that that person wants to go to.”

Voice 7: “I would plan fun things to do with my special person. I’d to take that person to the beach and to the mall. Then I would take my special person out to the park for a stroll.”

Voice 8: “I’d take my special person to for a long stroll in the park. And not only that I would teach my special person many things.”

Voice 5: “I would take my special person around the city or to different places. And if my special person wants, then I’d be happy to cook for that person.”

Voice 1: “I’d go out and have fun with my special person.”

Voice 9: “I would go out and watch a movie with my special person. Then after that, we can go around the city and do lots of fun things together.”

Voice 4: “I would love to take my special person out to special places. We will have lots of fun too.”

Voice 2: “I would teach my special person many things and take my special person out on a drive.”

Voice 3: “I’ll take my special person everywhere, anywhere. Wherever my special person wants to have fun, that’s where we’ll go. And I’ll make sure that we’ll always be happy.”

 

Yabu: “Last question. Whoever your special person is, what would you want to say?”

 

Voice 1: “Even when I don’t see you, I will feel much delighted as long as I hear your voice. As long as you stay with me, we’ll have lots of fun together.”

Voice 3: “Whether or not my words will reach you, from the bottom of my heart, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE AND CHERISH YOU!”

Voice 4: “We share something as special as friendship, but even though I’ll stay in contact most especially when you have problems. If you’re with me, I’ll constantly smile just for you. I will stay with you when you have problems and I’ll always be here to comfort you.”

Voice 7: “I want to be the one who’ll wipe away your tears; the person to be there when you’re scared and alone. I’ll call you when we don’t see each other. I’ll hold you tight until all your worries disappear. I’ll reach out my hand and all you have to do is hold on. So smile and don’t you worry, because I’ll always be here for you.”

Voice 2: “When you’re with me, I promise that I’ll always make you happy.”

Voice 9: “I love you very much and I will try my best to take care of you! Whether this will matter to you or not it was when I met you that my dreams had come true.”

Voice 5: “You had filled the gaps within my heart and not only that; you had changed a part of me and made me better. So I’d like to ask you, please be mine.”

Voice 8: “I will go with you wherever you want to go. I’ll take care of you and make you happy. So, take my hand and I promise I’ll hold you tight.”

Voice 6: “Just stay the way you are and show me the real you. As long as we’re open to each other then everything will be alright. I promise never to be unfaithful to you and I’ll always support you during difficult times. I’ll write a song just for you and take you to places where you want to go.”

 

                After the last person spoke, Yabu told everyone to remove their blindfolds. They all looked at one another, wondering what each person said. Yabu reminded that he won’t reveal who said this and that. Yuto and Inoo looked at each other then both turned to look at Miki. Miki was sighing about what she said and hoping that the person she was pertaining to was able to understand her feelings.

 

                Then Daiki said that there will be the last dance just before they start the countdown so everyone should find a partner. JUMP examined their surroundings but weren’t able to find anyone they wanted to dance with. Then, they looked at each other and everyone turned to Miki who was sitting by the table. They rushed towards her and each one was asking her to be his partner.

                Yabu noticed that they were creating a commotion so he told them to stop. He ripped 8 small pieces of paper then asked Miki to write the words “Dance with me” in one paper. Yabu folded each one and shook it up in between his closed hands. Then he said to the eight that whoever gets the piece of paper with the writing on it will dance with Miki. On the other hand, the others will find a partner amongst the crowd.

                Each grabbed a piece of paper hoping that they were able to pick the right one. As for Yabu and Yuto, they were hoping that Yuto will be able to pick it. But alas, it was Inoo who was able to get the right one. He smiled at them and was going to ask Miki to dance when Yabu interrupted saying, “Wait a second. The dance will start later after Inoo’s intermission number so for now, hold on to your partners.”

                Yabu went off the stage and called Yuto.

Yabu lowered his voice as he said, “You’ll have to talk to her now while you still have the chance. I had just announced that Inoo will have his intermission number now so as to give you more time. So make sure that you’ll use all of that time to tell Miki what you want to say.” He gave him a strong tap on the back and said, “Go for it!”

                After that, Yabu went back up and called Inoo to the stage for his intermission number. As Inoo confidently went to the stage and sat in front of his keyboard, Yuto briskly walked towards Miki. He placed his hand on her shoulder and asked her if she could talk to him. Miki tried to ignore him but Yuto pleaded her. She stood up and Yuto took her to a corner to talk.

Miki crossed her hands and annoyingly looked at Yuto: “No matter what you say, talking with me won’t change a thing.”

Yuto: “I know. But please hear me out. I’m really sorry about what happened the last time. It was all a misunderstanding.”

                Just as Yuto was supposed to say more,

 

Inoo got a mike and stated, “Before I start, I would like Miki to come to the stage please.”

The stage light quickly focused on the two who were talking and Miki was surprised when her name was called out. She could have stayed and listened to Yuto but because of the spotlight, she walked towards Inoo.

Inoo got up and reached out his hand to her. Then he asked her to sit down with him.

Again he announced, “Miki, there’s something that I wanted to ask you. Can you be my girlfriend?”

                Everyone in the room especially Yuto and Yabu were overwhelmed as they heard Inoo. As for Miki, she looked more shocked than ever before.

Inoo continued, “Although, I wouldn’t want your answer right away. Instead, I’ll give you some time to think about it. So for now, I’d like you to stay beside me and listen to this song that I had composed specially for you entitled, Vanilla Twilight.”

 

Inoo sat down, handed the mic to Miki and began to play.

 

The last note sounded and Inoo finished playing. Everyone in the room stared at Miki with full interest, waiting for her answer.

Miki looked at Inoo then turned to the crowd. She was observing the room when she eyed Yuto. She looked at him for a long time and slowly held up the mike she was holding. Then she said, “I... I... ”

Oppositely, Yuto looked at her hoping that she will say otherwise while he shook his head and muttered “No. Don’t. Please.”

Miki stood up and started walking around the stage: “I... Ever since I met Kei, he was the one who made me smile when I was sad. He took care of me and always supported me and my decisions. Not only that, he always stayed beside me during happy and difficult times. He is really kind and he never failed to cheer me up. He really is an amazing guy and I’m lucky to have met him. *turns to Inoo* Thanks so much for everything! Although I’m sorry if it was only until now that I realized your feelings for me.”

Inoo frowned and slowly nodded as he lowered his head.

                Whispers filled the room. Some saying that it seems that he’ll get rejected. Others saying that it’s sad that she never realized it.

                Miki walked towards Inoo, placed her left hand on his shoulder and continued, “But, even though that’s the case, I’d be happy to say yes.”

                In an instant, the room was filled with applause after Miki’s answer so once again Daiki and Yabu calmed down the crowd. Right after, Daiki announced, “As promised, we will be having The Last Dance before we have the countdown. Inoo was supposed to be the one to play the piano, but after what just happened I would like to call the ensemble and their singer to play the first song, “Eyes on me.” As for Inoo and Miki, will the two of you do the honor of starting The Last Dance?”

 

 

Inoo stood up, extended out his right hand to her and said, “Shall we dance?”

Miki shyly held his hand and they made their way to the Dance Floor. As the music began to play Miki didn’t know what she was going to do so, Inoo held both her hands and placed them over his shoulder and wrapped his hands over her waist. Miki felt uneasy as they began to dance so Inoo asked her a question, “Are you okay?”

Miki answered, “Y... Yes I am. It’s just that I was really surprised with everything that had just happened.”

“I’m sorry if what I did made you feel nervous. It’s just that I had to find a way to tell you what I felt.”

“And that was in a form of a song? No wonder you skipped lunch with the others just so you can practice the song.”

“I guessed that you would find out about it sooner or later so I won’t deny it,” Inoo stated.

 

Inoo: “About what you said earlier, about me, I really appreciate it. Thanks.”

Miki: “There’s no need to thank me about it. Besides, all of it is true.”

Inoo: “Even though, I really want to thank you about it.”

“Am I really that amazing?” Inoo asked.

Miki smiled as she answered, “Of course for me, that is what I would say. And I based it from all the times that I had spent with you. It is also true that I’m very lucky to have met someone like you.”

Inoo looked at Miki straight in the eyes and said, “I’m very lucky to have met someone like you too.”

A minute later, Inoo noticed, “I see you’re wearing the earrings and bracelet that I gave you.”

“They are really lovely. Thank you so much.”

“But I noticed that you don’t have a necklace,” Inoo told her.

Miki replied saying, “Well, you didn’t include any.”

Inoo let go of her and brought out a necklace from his pocket. The necklace was made of silver; it had a diamond-shaped gemstone on it and inside the gemstone was a letter K.

“It looks beautiful,” Miki said with sparkles in her eyes.

Inoo told her tto turn around so he could put it on her neck. After that, they continued to dance.

As the singer continued to sing, Daiki invited the others who also wanted to dance.

In a short while, Miki rested her head on Inoo’s should and concluded, “So I was the one you were talking about when we were at the diner.”

Inoo smiled and said, “You catch up really quickly.”

“You said that I’ll just wait and see. And so now I know what you meant.”

“Miki, I really liked you from the start. But because you were with someone else that I wasn’t able to tell you.”

Miki: “And yet here we are now, having The Last Dance.”

Inoo: “I’m lucky to be able to get the paper that you wrote on. Because that way I’ll be the one to dance with you as the year ends.”

Miki smiled as her cheeks blushed, “I don’t know what to say.”

“You don’t have to say anything. Just stay with me until the New Year begins,” Inoo told her.

And just as the song ended, Miki and Inoo looked at one another, and then Inoo kissed her on the forehead and said, “I love you.”

“Kei, I love you too.”

 

An hour later, everyone gathered at the ground and started the countdown. Miki was standing with Inoo in the middle of the crowd. The air grew colder so while they waited, Inoo gave Miki his topper and embraced her from behind.

 

5, 4,3,2,1...

 

Happy New Year!

                Everyone shouted as fireworks lit up the sky.

 

What events await our characters as another year begins. As some people start their year with a smile on their faces, while others are left with a frown.

 

Were you able to find the game that I was talking about? If you have, it’s time to make guesses. To prevent copying (not exactly copying but if you might change your mind about your guess and consider the other’s) of guesses, send your answers as a message. ^,^... As for the answers, it will take a while for it to be posted. You’d wonder later on if you made the right guess. And count the number of correct guesses. ^,^.It really is mind boggling. Even I have to open my files just to check who’s this and that. LoL.

                Somehow, I want to end my story at this point because I find Miki and Inoo a very cute pair. I really like them both. So I think that there’s no need to worry about Yuto. Hehe. Leave him be. But it seems that my friend had continued her story after New Year. And partly, there had been parts of Yuto still chasing after Miki even though Miki is with Inoo already. Hmm. What do you guys think? Continue the story? Or end it here? If I get 10 or more likes just for this chapter then I’ll continue the story.