Together You and Me

Together You and Me

 

You must’ve been a bit confused with the opening portion of this chapter because the scene repeated itself but the continuation is different from the last chapter.  Actually, that was just a filler that I made. From the part where Inoo and Daiki kissed Miki then Yuto says I love you. That was all part of the filler. Sorry! It’s totally far away from the story. But somehow it was sort of like part of the story. It would really be mistaken for as a part of the story. Hehe. But that didn’t really happen.

                But somehow, it had a good ending to it, don’t you think? I got caught by Yuto’s last words, “Don’t worry; I won’t leave you alone ever again. I LOVE YOU AND I ALWAYS WILL.”

Setting that aside, what really happened next is here in chapter 27. ^,^

 

Chapter 27 “Voice out”

 

Okay everyone, let’s continue with the story.

 

                Inoo finished eating and Miki was going to return the eating utensils when Inoo seized her hand.

“Don’t worry about that, I’ll return them later.”

“No, you rest and I’ll take these downstairs,” Miki responded.

He pulled her and like a bolt from the blue, his lips almost touched hers. Miki felt a surge of emotion. Inoo slowly withdrew his head and Miki was left stunned.

Miki dropped on her knees and looked away.

“Wh... Why did you stop?”

“Because I knew that you would turn away if I did.”

“What makes you say so?”

“Because I believe that something’s holding you back.”

                Yuto just got out of the elevator and thought of checking on Miki if she was doing okay. So he headed towards Inoo’s room. Just as he got there, he slowly opened the door and took a peek. He looked around the room and saw Miki and Inoo.

She faced him saying, “There’s nothing holding me back. I mean...”

“It’s got me wondering why you won’t let me.”

“It’s not that Iwon’t let you but, I just feel...”

“Feel what?”

Miki gave out a big sigh and drew herself closer to him.

Her nervousness escalated as she closed her eyes.

Inoo understood what she was trying to do but still he asked, “Are you sure?”

Miki didn’t reply.

He touched her neck and...

                Just as Yuto witnessed this, he quickly left the scene. He got in his room and slammed the door behind him. He leaned against it and slowly sat down.

He looked down and said, “She definitely loves him. It just comes to show that I’ve totally lost.”

Miki bit her lip just as Inoo withdrew his head. She couldn’t respond.

“Are you okay?”

Just as Miki nodded, she noticed that the door was open. She stood up and headed towards the door. She peered outside to see if anyone was there.

“What’s wrong?” Inoo questioned.

Miki closed the door and shrugged.

It was a bit hard for her to handle what happened so she went to lie on the bed.

“I think I’ll rest for a while.”

Inoo approached her and said, “Alright then. Sleep well.”

                Yabu had just finished eating supper when he saw Yuto at the balcony.

“How’s it going?”

“Not much.”

“I mean how’s it going with Miki?”

“I haven’t talked to her yet.”

“Why haven’t you spoken to her?”

“That’s because she keeps on ignoring me. And besides...”

“What?”

“There’s no way that I can measure up with Inoo.”

“Why?”

“She loves him that much. I’ve lost already.”

“You can still change that. I know you can.”

“I don’t think I can.” He says reminded of what he had just seen this afternoon.

“Don’t put yourself down.”

“How couldn’t I? The person I love has fallen for someone else. All that’s left for me is to give up. I’m willing to...”

He paused for a bit then continued his statement.

“I’m willing to forget this. And I mean all of it.”

“You can’t...”

“Why can’t I?! I mean, I’ve been trying to talk to her eversince but she wouldn’t listen. I’ve seen a lot already. I might just be wasting my time. I’ve got to move on. So, thanks for all the help, advice and for trying to cheer me up. I’m sorry but I don’t want to continue this anymore.”

Just as he finished his statement, he was going to leave when Yabu spoke....

“I understand what you’re feeling right now. But I don’t really know if something else happened which made you change your mind. All I can say is that tomorrow at least tell her what you feel.”

“I told you...”

“I’ll arrange a time and place wherein the two of you will meet. I’ll make sure also that no one will interfere. Not even Inoo. Just for a short time. Come on, what do you say?”

“...”

“I can’t just let you run away without saying anything to her. And also, I’m willing to help you this one last time even though you don’t want to. Besides, you’ll feel much better after you got that out of your chest.”

*Sigh* “Fine, I’ll let you do whatever it is you wish to do just so you’ll stop this already.”

“That settles things then. I’ll tell you what you will do later. First, I’ll go find Miki and talk to her.”

Yabu left in a hurry and went to search for Miki. Just then, he saw her standing, waiting for the elevator to open. He rushed towards her and rode on the elevator as well.

“Miki!”

“Doua, onii chan?”

“Um, nothing. How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine. Kei said that it’s okay for me to attend school tomorrow. Although he added that we’ll meet during lunch time. He wants to make sure that I’m feeling okay.”

“Oh, I see. What time is your lunch break tomorrow?”

“Our lunch break is from 11:30 to 1 pm.”

“Okay. Um, can you meet me tomorrow at SM right after your dismissal?”

“Well, I’ll have to tell Kei about it first.”

“No, no. There’s no need to tell him. I mean we won’t take that long. Can you give me just 15 minutes of your time tomorrow?”

“Um, Okay. As long as we won’t take very long or else Kei will start worrying about me.”

“I promise not to take too much of your time. I’ll send a car to pick you up during your dismissal.”

“Okay. Where will we meet at SM?”

“It’s a bit private so... can we meet at the balcony outside the arcade?”

“Okay then. See you there.”

“Thank you very much! See you tomorrow then.”

“Oyasumi nasai onii chan! Sleep well!”

                Miki got out of the elevator and headed to Inoo’s room.

As for Yabu, he went to Yuto’s room.

*knock* *knock*

“Yuto, it’s Yabu. I was able to talk to Miki about tomorrow.”

Yuto opened the door and listened to Yabu’s instructions.

“It’s all set for tomorrow. Make sure to tell her everything, okay?”

“Hai, wakarimaa.”

“Okay, I’ll be going then. Good night! Make sure to get a lot of rest. You’ll need it for tomorrow.”

                The next day, Inoo accompanied Miki to their school.

“Good luck in school. You just recovered from your sickness so don’t overexert yourself okay?”

“Thanks Kei! Don’t worry, I won’t. You take care too.”

“I’ll come pick you up later so we can have lunch.”

“Ah, um, that won’t be necessary.”

“Why? Are you sure?”

“Positive. So, where will we meet later?”

“Hotel Veniz. I don’t really know why I chose that place but if you want...”

“No, that’s okay. I’ll see you there.”

“Okay then.”

Just as Miki was going to exit the car,

“Miki”

“Huh?”

                Once again, Inoo held her chin and...

“Ah, um... See you later! Love you!” Miki articulated and quickly ran out.

Her face turned red and her heart beat very quickly.

“Yaa... Why does he keep surprising me like that? Can’t he see that I get very nervous when that happens?”

*BUMP!*

Miki rubbed her shoulder just after she bumped into someone. She looked up and saw that it was Ace.

“I... Um... Sorry.”

                She walked passed him but he stopped her.

“Miki, wait up. Let’s walk together.”

                They both wore their IDs and went up the stairs at the main gate.

“Miki, can I ask you something?”

“Um, what is it?” Miki replied not looking at Ace.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine now.”

“That’s good. Everyone was really shocked when you fainted last Thursday.”

“I’m sorry for troubling everyone.”

“Anyway, I wanted to ask what your relationship was with the guy who carried you out of the classroom that night.”

“Him? No. We don’t have any form of relationship; nothing special at all.”

“I was wondering why you didn’t want him to carry you.”

“Oh, that. Um, there’s no particular reason.”

“Are you sure? Because you were totally struggling just to let him put you down. I mean, you were really sick that time but still you managed to tell him off.”

“I just thought that I was able to manage on my own so I was telling him to let me go.”

“Oh, okay. What did you do anyway? How’d you get sick?”

“I was just a bit stressed out that’s all.”

“I don’t think that was just stress. You’re fever was high so that can’t be the case.”

“Why do want to know anyway? It’s not really a big deal.”

“That’s because I’m worried.”

                Miki stopped walking and thought, “Why are you suddenly saying this now? You’re worried about me. That’s impossible.I’ve always liked you when I met you during summer term but not now.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Um, nothing’s wrong. You don’t have to be worried since I’m already alive and well,” Miki convinced as she put on a smile.

“You’re cute when you smile.”

“Huh?! No way. I can’t be. Aha... Aha ha ha. Nice joke.”

“Stop it already. I don’t want to hear you say any more.”

“I’m serious, you really do. See.” He replied.

“I, um... Thanks very much.”

“By the way, when you got out of the classroom, there was another guy who came. Who was he? I haven’t seen him yet, not like the other who arrived first.”

“Um, he’s someone special to me.”

“That means he’s your boyfriend.”

“I... Um...”

“You don’t have to deny it.”

Miki nodded.

“How is it that he wasn’t the first one to come see you?”

“I don’t know either. I can’t recall everything that happened that night.”

                They had arrived in the classroom so Ace wasn’t able to ask other questions.

After classes, Miki told Kazumi and Ryn that she will be going to meet Yabu at SM.

                When she arrived, she quickly went up to the balcony but no one was there.

Sheleaned against the railings while checking her time.

“Hm, I wonder where onii chan could be. I hope he arrives immediately.”

                She continued to think when someone gave her a pat from behind.

She turned around and was surprised to see Yuto.

______

Flashback:

“I told Miki to meet me at the arcade’s balcony tomorrow right after her dismissal. But, little does she know, that you’ll be the person she’ll be meeting instead of me. Find a place to hide until she arrives then when she’s not looking, give her a pat on the back and let her see that you’re actually the one she’ll be talking to.”

______

“Why are you here? Where’s Yabu onii chan?”

“He’s not coming.”

“Why isn’t he coming? He told me to meet him here today.”

“He’s busy that’s why he couldn’t come.”

“Alright then, since he’s not here, I’ll be leaving then. I still have to meet up with Kei.”

                Just as she turned around to leave, Yuto questioned...

“Why? Why do you keep ignoring me? Why do you keep running away when I talk to you?”

She didn’t answer.

“I’ve been trying to talk to you ever since the Christmas Party but you wouldn’t listen. Do you hate me that much? Am I that annoying to you? Tell me.”

“I’m not talking to you so leave me alone.”

“Yabu set this up. He set this up just so he can give me some time to talk to you and for you to listen to what I have to say.”

“He set this up? I don’t believe you. He wouldn’t do such a thing. Besides, even if he did, it would still be useless.”

“How can you say that it’s useless?”

“It’s because there’s nothing for us to talk about in the first place. I don’t want waste anymore time. Kei’s waiting for me.”

Quickly, Yuto embraced her from behind, “Waiting for you? Do you even think that he’s the only one waiting for you?”

“...”

“I’ve wanted to talk to you for a very long time. Even though you were mad with me, I continued to wait hoping that later you would listen to what I have to say. That night during the Christmas Party, it’s not what you think. I wanted to seriously tell you something but my words slipped.”

“Slipped? Don’t toy with me. I know exactly what you said that night.”

“No you don’t. You have no idea...”

“Don’t tell me that I have no...”

“I love you! You’re the one I like. Not Kazumi.”

“Why are you telling me all of these? Do you think it’s that easy? Stop toying with my feelings. You have no idea...”

“I’m not toying with you. What I’m saying is true.”

“Don’t talk. I don’t want to listen.”

“I just...”

“You don’t undersand. I have Kei. I love Kei!”

“...”

“Let go off me,” Miki said as she broke free from Yuto.

“I already know that you love Kei. All I wanted to do was to tell you what I felt. That was Yabu’s purpose for this meeting. Don’t worry about it. I won’t bother you anymore. I’ll give way for Kei since he was the one you chose. I’ve accepted defeat. I’ll forget everything that happened here, during our whole vacation. By 1 pm, I’ll be leaving for Japan already so that means that you’ll have more space with Inoo. I’ll put into mind that none of these ever happened. But, for the very last time, I’ll let you know, I love you! I always had.”

                Miki didn’t have anything to say.

Yuto breathed in deeply and said, “Well, that’s it for this conversation. You’ve got to go now. You said that you still needed to meet with Inoo. Go now, or you’ll be late. I’ll be returning to the hotel to get my things then I’ll head to the airport.”

                After his statement, he leaned against the railings waiting for Miki to leave.

Miki turned around to look at him and was going to say something but she thought otherwise and left.

                As Miki hurriedly walked down Session Road, she couldn’t help but think about Yuto’s words. She got more confused.

Suddenly, a voice began to speak.

                “Were you able to sort out your feelings?”

                “Yes I have. Why?”

                “Are you sure?”

                “Yes I am.”

                “Were you able to get rid of your emotions?”

                “I have.”

                “You’re lying. I know you are.”

                “I was able to listen to your conversation.”

                “How couldn’t you. You’re a part of me.”

                “I told you he had something important to tell you.”

                “He likes you. He loves you...”

                “Keep quiet will you?!”

At about 11:50 am, Miki met up with Inoo at Hotel Veniz. They walked inside and headed for the Hotel’s Cafe. Just as they got a table, Miki had turned silent.

“Miki, are you okay?” Inoo asked.

“Y... Yes I am. I’m just thinking of something.”

“Oh, okay.”

                A waiter arrived and took their order. After that Miki suddenly asked, “Is Yuto leaving today?”

“Yes he is. Why?”

“How come no one told me about it? I thought you would be leaving all at once.”

“He still has business to attend to that’s why he needs to leave earlier. Are you worried about him? Do you want to see him?”

Miki: “I... Y... um... No. Why would I want to see him?”

Inoo: “Do you know?”

Miki: “Know what?”

Inoo: “He actually...”

Miki: “Likes me?”

Inoo: “Yes. Did he...”

Miki: “He told me.”

Inoo: “When did he tell you?”

“A while ago. I thought I was meeting Yabu onii chan but instead it was him.”

Inoo: “Oh okay.”

Miki laughed, “I mean he’s crazy. Am I right? Suddenly saying things like that out of the blue, just before he leaves for Japan.”

Inoo tried to laugh with her while saying, “You’re right. He’s pretty crazy doing something like that.”

Immediately, Inoo said, “Miki, I’ll go to the comfort room. I might take a bit long.”

“Um, okay.”

                Just as Inoo left, Miki stared outside the window as she began to think about what Yuto disclosed at the balcony.

“Is he crazy? Who does he think he is imparting his feelings like that without warning?”

“I agree with you. He sure has a lot of guts suddenly telling you his feelings.”

“It’s you again? Why can’t you just go back to sleep or something?”

“I still have some unfinished business so I can’t just leave you.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I won’t leave until you are able to sort out your emotions.”

“I’m done sorting out my feelings so now you can leave me alone.”

“No you’re not. Now, I’ll continue. What can you say about what he had just told you a while ago?”

“He’s crazy.”

“We both know he is. But he says he loves you. And he always had. His words slipped during the Christmas Party. He didn’t mean to hurt you or anything. He got nervous by the time that he was going to confess. No wonder he tried so hard just to talk to you. He wanted to clear out the misunderstanding and tell you properly.”

“Fine, I know already. It’s my fault. It was my fault for avoiding him like that.”

“After so much trying, he suddenly wants to give up on you. I wonder why.”

“He’s had enough. He saw that I’m in love with Kei so he thinks that he’s just wasting his time.”

“He thinks that now was the perfect time to tell you since after he leaves for Japan, all he has to do is forget everything that happened. Now, did your feelings for him disappear or not? Do you want to forget him now after he had just confessed to you? ”

“I... N... I don’t know.”

“...”

“I mean, I hate him so much! How could he do something like this? He tells me his feelings then leaves without giving me any time to think about it. He’s crazy!”

“Because he thinks that it wouldn’t matter to you anyway.”

“How could it not matter to me? I’ve always liked him. I was always jealous when he was with Kazumi. I don’t want to let him go. I don’t want him to leave. He just can’t leave me here hanging like this.”

“You’re slowly able to understand what you really feel. Now, I’ll ask you again, what is it that you really want?”

“All I want is to be with the one I love. The one I care about and who cares about me.”

                “And who would that be, then?”

“Yuto” was the name that came ouut of her lips.

“Then what are you waiting for? He leaves at exactly 1 pm.”

“But I...”

“Do what you have to do.”

                Miki regained her senses and began to think.

“30 minutes left.”

She took a piece of paper and a pen and wrote a note to Inoo. She left it on the table and ran out. The driver was outside waiting and she called him to take her to the airport.

She rode in the car and they were on their way. A few minutes later, they encountered a problem. They got in a traffic jam.

“20 minutes left. Sir, is there another way around this traffic?”

“There is but the way is to the airport is farther than here.”

“Ah, okay. Thanks! Can you give me the directions to the airport? I’ll try to run there.”

                After receiving the directions, she quickly went out of the car and followed the directions. As she ran, she began to think, “Yuto, how could you do this to me. I don’t want you to leave. You told me that you won’t ever think of leaving me but why now?!”

                She tripped and fell on the pavement. She tried to move her feet but they hurt from running. She gasped for air and forced herself to stand up. She was almost at the airport. She ran once again and entered the airport.

“5 minutes left.” She ran around hoping to see Yuto but he was nowhere to be found.

“Calling Mr. Yuto Nakajima; you are to be informed to please board the plane now.”

                “What?! Wait! No!” Miki talked to the nearest teller and she gave her the directions as to where Yuto will be boarding. She rushed to the area but the guard wouldn’t allow her to pass.

“No! Please! You have to let me pass! I need to talk to him! You have to stop the plane!”

“I’m sorry miss but you can’t pass without a ticket.”

                She rushed towards the window where she got a good view of the plane.

“Yuto! Yuto! Don’t go! I need to talk to you!” She shouted to the top of her voice as she began hitting the window.

But alas, the plane’s engine started and had taken flight.

“No! Don’t leave me like this! Yuto!” She shouted as tears ran down her face.

Immediately, Kazumi approached her and tried to calm her down. Despite her efforts, Miki fell on her knees and continued to sob. 

Inoo’s POV:

                Inoo stayed in the comfort room for a while. He looked at the possibilities that Miki would slowly fall for Yuto again. He worried himself about the idea. In his mind he thought that by the time he goes out of the comfort room, it’s either he’ll see Miki waiting for him or not.

                It’s been thirty minutes since he left Miki so he decided to return. Just as he arrived at their table, he saw that she wasn’t there. Then he saw a folded paper on top of his seat. He crumpled it and pocketed the note. After that he left the restaurant.

End of Inoo’s POV...

After classes, Kazumi and Miki returned to the Airport to say goodbye to the others.

"I'm going to miss you nii chan" Miki told Yabu as he hugged her. 

She turned to Yamada and shook his hand while saying, "You guys care take! Have a safe trip! Hope to see you guys again."

Miki said, "I'm going to miss listening to music with you," as she gave Daiki a hug.

"I'm going to miss hanging out and listening to music with you also," Daiki replied.

She continued to say her goodbyes to the others but lastly, she couldn't let herself approach Inoo. She couldn't help but think that she left him just to see Yuto. She grabbed one last glance at him but by the time she was about to turn around, Inoo grabbed her by the shoulder and embraced her.

For a long moment, Miki thought of putting her arms around him too but she couldn't. Not even for this one last time. Inoo quickly released her and turned around to join the others. No matter how much he tried to conceal it from her, Miki felt the gloomy aura that he emitted.

After an unexpected meeting to having so many fun and exciting events.... it's at this moment that it will all come to an end. JUMP returned to Japan and all that was left with Miki and Kazumi were memories to cherish. 

Despite being able to meet their favorite Jpop group, it was time to go back to living their normal lives