Late

My Crush is....Gay!?

 

I soon came back from wandering around the school and opened the door of my room. Luhan was nowhere to be seen. He probably was down having dinner or something. I shoved my hands in my pockets and looked around our room.

I was in no mood to have dinner tonight.

All of a sudden my phone started ringing and I picked up. A familiar, shrill voice yelled into my ear.

“HAERIIIINN-AAAAAHHH!” Mum cried. “How are you? How was the first day of school? Was it okay? Did you get bullied? Anything happen?”

“I’m fine, I’m fine!” I laughed. “I’m still in one piece!”

“Really?” Dad’s voice suddenly cut through Mum’s. “What did you do? Did you make new friends?”

“YES, YES, DID YOU MAKE NEW FRIENDS?” Mum’s voice cut in again.

I could almost imagine my parents fighting over the phone, just trying to talk to me.

“I did,” I smiled. “I got to make a few new friends in class today.”

“REALLY?” Dad’s voice boomed as he got to the phone again. “WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES?”

“YES, YES, WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES?” Mum seemed to completely win over the phone because I heard Dad’s shouts getting fainter and fainter. She was probably walking away to somewhere quiet where she could hear me.

“Um....” I tried to think of girl names. “There’s one from America called um...Kevinette. And um, one called Minseo and another one called um, Victaoria.”

“Kevinette? Victaoria?” Mum asked. “Do they use these kinds of names in America?”

“O-Of course!” I stuttered. Another really bad lie.

“I see,” Mum seemed very convinced. Luckily, her knowledge of English names weren’t too good. “Well, when it gets to the holidays invite them over! I would like to see them!”

No...you wouldn’t.

“Really?” I asked. “I’ll try if they don’t get too freaked out.”

“Of course!” Mum replied. “Oh, your father’s coming. I don’t want him to hog the phone so I’ll say goodbye! We’ll call you again tomorrow!”

“Arrasso,” I said. “See you!” I hung up the phone and sighed.

Great, now Mum knows Kevin, Xiumin and Tao as “Kevinette”, "Minseo" and "Victaoria".

I rolled my eyes and collapsed onto my bed. At that moment, the door opened and Luhan came in with a towel over his shoulder and his hair all wet. My eyes widened as soon as I saw him and he smiled.

“Oh, y-you’re back,” I said, quickly standing up and managing to hit my head on the bar above my bed.

“Are you okay?” Luhan asked as he came forward. “Yeah, I just took a shower. The showers here are great!” He grinned.

I nodded, my head throbbing badly from the bump before and I was still feeling really tired from the lack of sleep I had been having these days. This called for an early sleep.

I took my toothbrush and tooth paste before heading out, telling Luhan I was going to brush my teeth. He then nodded and proceeded to look at his phone again. I sighed.

I hope he doesn’t try to call me again.

 

By the time I came back, Luhan was resting on his bed and playing with a familiar looking rubix cube. It was one that I had given to Luhan when we were still in middle school for his birthday. I had wrapped the simple rubix cube with tons of wrapping paper so he couldn’t guess what it was when he received it and on the day of his birthday, he tore off every single bit of wrapping paper that only the small rubix cube was left. Lots of cleaning up had to be done after that.

Luhan noticed me looking and sat up on his bed.

“Can you solve one of these?” He asked. I shook my head and then sat on my bed, facing him.

“It’s not that hard! Here, I’ll teach you!” He grinned and waved me over. Reluctantly, I went over and sat with him. Step by step, he started trying to teach me how to solve a rubix’s cube. It actually wasn’t the first time this had happened.

On the day he had gotten this, he’d spent a long time in his room trying to figure it out and solve it and when he finally did, he tried to teach me. So I regretted getting him the rubix’s cube.

Luhan’s little rubix cube lesson went on for a while and soon, I started to yawn. Luhan stopped and looked at me.

“Are you tired?” He asked. “Sorry about that, you can sleep now. I’ll continue teaching you tomorrow!” I nodded and headed back to my bed and wriggled under the covers. I slowly peeked over the blankets and stared at Luhan who was lying with his back to me on his bed.

All of a sudden, Luhan to his other side and realised I was staring at him. I quickly turned to the other side and pretended to be asleep, feeling embarrassed.

Let’s hope tomorrow I will do better.

I nodded to myself and then slowly started to fall asleep.

 

 

“Haebyun! Hey! Wake up!” The first thing I heard in the morning was an angel calling my name. A hand was shaking me but I didn’t want to open my eyes.

“10 more hours...” I mumbled.

“No you can’t!” The voice said. “Haebyun, we’re running five minutes late for sport class in the gym!” My eyes immediately opened and I shot up. I turned to the angelic voice which happened to be Luhan’s.

“Wh-What time is it?” I asked.

“8:24,” He replied.

“AISH!” I jumped out of bed straight away in my pyjamas and ran around quickly, trying to find my sports uniform, my tooth brush and tooth paste. I turned to Luhan as I went out the door.

“You can go first,” I said. “I’ll catch up later. You shouldn’t be late either.” He nodded and left as I almost ran into the girl’s toilets before remembering I was a guy.

I scrubbed at my teeth hard and finished in less than two minutes before quickly locking myself in one of the toilet cubicles and started to change.

By the time I came out, I was already eight minutes late.

Hurrying quickly, I threw my pyjamas into the dorm room and locked it then hurried off outside the dorms.

I scratched my head as I looked around, panicking.

Oh no...

Where the hell is the gym!?

 


 

 

Sorry for the boring update!

And the names...OTL

I know they sound weird but I couldn’t really think of anything asfgdhfj