Vacation Disasters

My Crush is....Gay!?

 

-Haerin’s POV-

 

After taking a drink at the drinks table, I found myself being pushed away onto the ground within seconds as the table erupted with loud crackling noises. My vision blurred for a slight second and I felt my lips brush against something warm. When my vision cleared again, the first thing I saw were Luhan’s eyes. My brain froze for a moment and I started wondering why he was so close to me.

Then, I slowly realised what was happening and my heart skipped a beat as I blinked twice in a row.

“S-S-SORRY!” I stuttered, feeling myself turning redder by the minute. As I quickly jerked back, the back of my head hit the pillar and something fell into my lap. It was mistletoe that had been hung on the pillar for decoration purposes.

Luhan....Luhan and I kissed under a mistletoe during Christmas.

Luhan and I...

ME AND LUHAN....

KISSED.

My face exploded with red and I hurriedly flung the mistletoe at Luhan who caught it with surprise.

“A-Are you okay Ha-Haebyun?” He asked.

“Y-Yes, about before....s-s-s-s-sorr-“ I stuttered.

“No it’s okay,” Luhan said quickly. “I-I’m sorry for p-pushing you and....” Both of us trailed off in our sentences and looked away at different directions. No one seemed to notice what had happened with us because everyone was either staring at the exploding drinks table in awe or they were panicking. Suddenly, the doors burst open and a loud voice boomed out of nowhere.

“What’s going on!?”

 It was the headmaster.

 

 

After being harshly lectured for three hours, the culprits of the exploding drinks table were found and made to stay back to clean the sticky mess up while everyone else was allowed to go back to the dorms to rest or pack for tomorrow’s upcoming three week holiday.

The long awkward silence that occurred between Luhan and I on the walk back to the dorm continued on as the two of us got ready for bed time. As I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, the scene of Luhan’s lips on mine suddenly flashed through my head and my eyes shot open.

I shook my head quickly and closed my eyes again. Once that happened, moments from the accidental kiss flashed through my head.

I was going to have trouble sleeping tonight.

 

The next morning, I packed everything feeling extremely tired. Of course, sleeping was way too hard for me last night as I kept turning on different sides just to fall asleep. I yawned and made an attempt to zip up my overflowing suitcase. As I struggled, an arm suddenly pushed my suitcase down and I was able to easily zip my suitcase up in surprise. As my eyes trailed up from the arm to Luhan’s face, I quickly jumped up and bowed.

“Th-Thank you,” I stuttered, avoiding as much eye contact as possible and grabbing both my backpack and suit case. “H-Have a nice holiday!” With that, I made a dash to the door with my things.

“Hae-Haebyun! You backpack isn’t zip-“ I heard Luhan hurriedly call. I skidded to a stop and turned around as something dropped behind me. It looked very familiar and I was sure it had come from my backpack. Luhan and I fell silent for a couple of seconds, staring at the object and my whole body grew cold.

“Um. Haebyun.” Luhan said carefully. “What is that?” My head spun as I quickly picked up the sanitary pad and stuffed it back into my backpack, making sure it was carefully zipped up this time.

“Um...it’s...my sister, she uses...yeah...see you next semester!” Once again, I picked up my luggage and my bags and hurried out of our dorm room.

Now that, was close.

I sighed and dropped my head as I made my way to the school entrance and to the bus stop. Everything that happened last night to this morning replayed in my head and I sighed to myself.

Luhan seemed like nothing ever happened while I’m freaking out so much.

.....I wonder what guys think when they accidentally kiss another?

Nodding to myself, I took my phone out and headed onto the internet. Google was my first stop.

“....what do guys think when they kiss?” A sudden voice read aloud the text on my phone which made me jump and look up. Tao gave me a weird stare and then looked back at my phone again.

Oh, wonderful.

“It’s-It’s not what you think it is!” I stuttered, staring at Tao with wide eyes. “It was just, um, my phone, it just....pops up with everything strange and um-“

“Uh. Okay.” Tao still didn’t sound convinced. “So I take it that you’re homoual or something?”

“Wh-WHAT!?” I yelled. “N-No! I, er, I love girls.”

Oh god Song Haerin. What are you doing to yourself?

Tao stared at me but didn’t say anything. I looked ahead just in time to see my bus coming and felt relieved on the inside.

“Here’s my bus now,” I said quickly, stepping onto the bus and waving at Tao. “S-So I’ll see you after the holidays!”

“See you, loser,” Tao replied and just as the bus doors closed, I swear I saw a small smile appear on his face.

 

 

A week later had passed and I stayed home all day, making myself comfortable at home. Mum and Dad were very happy when I came back and I was swarmed with another load of bear hugs and questions.

As for me, I was happy enough not having to change in the toilets all morning and night and take showers in a creepy abandoned bathroom. It was during the second week where my peaceful holiday soon turned corrupted and upside down.

“Haaaaaaaeeeerriiiin!” Mum called in a sing song voice from downstairs. “Guess who’s here to visit you?” I quickly sat up on my bed full of magazines and stared at my closed bedroom door in horror.

The only time Mum would use that voice was if Luhan came over.

“As usual, she’s just upstairs,” I heard Mum tell Luhan. “Just go up and greet her, okay?”

“Sure thing,” Luhan replied and soon, sounds of footsteps going upstairs were heard. I stared at my short haired reflection in the mirror in horror.

This was bad.

This was really, really bad.

If Luhan saw me like this, it would be super bad.

What was Luhan doing at my house anyway!?

As the footsteps got nearer, I hurriedly flung open my wardrobe and tried to look for something to cover my short hair.

“Knock, knock,” I heard Luhan say as he knocked twice on the door and peeked in. “May I come in?” I threw something over my hair and peeked out of my wardrobe to see Luhan standing by my door.

“Um...sure,” I said with an awkward crooked smile. “Come on in.” Luhan simply stared at me.

Or rather, what was on my head.

“Haerin? Why are you wearing stockings on your head?”

“Huh? O-Oh. Um. It’s a new fashion I’m trying out.” I nodded and casually twirled the stockings around.

“....Right.” Luhan laughed a little. “I see you haven’t changed much.”

“I haven’t,” I agreed and sat on my bed. “But it’s been a while.”

“It has been a while,” Luhan agreed and sat with me and we both looked down at the floorboard for a couple of moments.

“Um,” I blurted. “So, I heard from Baek seongsangnim that you moved to Seoul Boys Academy? H-How is it like there? Is your roommate, er, cool?”

“Yeah I did, sorry for not telling you earlier,” Luhan replied in a somewhat quiet tone and suddenly looked at me. “Speaking of my roommate...Haerin-ah, would you...by any chance-“

Before he got to finish his sentence, Mum burst in with a happy smile.

“I’ve prepared snacks for you kids to enjoy!” She announced. “And Haerin, what on earth are you doing wearing stockings on your head?” I gulped.

“Um. New fashion I’m trying. Haha,” I grinned sheepishly and shrugged.

“A new fashion? That’s a little strange,” Mum chuckled. “But I guess it’s good to have a change sometimes. Now why don’t the two of you enjoy these snacks for a while?” Luhan stood up slowly.

“Sorry, I really wish I could Mrs. Song,” He apologized. “But I need to leave for now. My parents told me they needed me around noon time.”

“That was too quick though! You only just came!” Mum exclaimed. “Stay more!” Luhan smiled and shrugged.

“Chesonghapnida, I’ll come again and visit another time these holidays,” He replied. “I promise!”After all the goodbyes from me and my parents, Luhan left the house and I took off the stockings on my head and sighed.

Why am I always so awkward towards him?

 

 


 

ermagad. this chapter was so lame ; u ;

I'm finally back-ish with a new chapter! I hope you've somehow enjoyed it orz

I also have a new story that I'll be starting soon! If you're interested in teen top or l.joe please check it out. c:

click on the poster to direct;

thanks for reading!