Pretty

My Crush is....Gay!?

 

Dodgy?

DODGY!?

 

Okay, I accept the fact that a girl dressing as a guy in an all boys’ school is dodgy but he made it seem as if I was some sort of suspicious bad guy.

I was doing all this for a perfectly good reason; to stop Luhan from getting and dating other guys.

It was a reasonably good enough reason to dress up as a boy and attend a good boys’ school.

I continued to gap at Tao and then turned back to the board. I heard Tao smirk a little next to me and I almost felt the urge to whack him book across the head with my textbook even though his smirk kind of scared me as well.

He can’t tell that I’m a girl, right?

Right?

I started doodling in my workbook, thinking.

If anyone found out I was a girl in this school, I’d probably be expelled.

Or worse.

Put into jail for seeming like a erted fan girl.

I shook my head quickly.

I wasn’t a fan girl, no I wasn’t!

Not a erted one at least.

 

 

 

Soon, the bell went for the next period and our home room teacher left the room. Using this little break as a chance, some of the guys in our class came towards me and Luhan, crowding around our desks as well as Tao’s desk between ours.

“Hey,” One grinned at me. “My name is Kim Minseok but you can just call me Xiumin.”

Oh crap.

Another guy is trying to talk to me.

Think manly, think manly, think manly.

I stared at Xiumin for a while and then moved my head up.

“Yo, nice to meet you,” I said. “I’m Haebyun but I think you should already know that.”

I immediately regretted saying that after 0.2 seconds because I sounded so weird saying “yo”. Xiumin laughed.

“Yo,” He replied. “I guess you and that new guy Luhan over there are roommates? Boy, he’s popular already.” I turned my head to see Luhan talking to a bunch of guys and laughing. For some reason, I felt uncomfortable with this. Maybe it was because I was scared he might end up dating one of these guys or something in the future.

I shook my head quickly.

No, no, no.

I was here to stop that from happening.

“You know,” Suddenly one of the guys said, patting Luhan on the back. “You actually look pretty for a guy.” I took in a breath.

For all I knew, Luhan hated to be called ‘pretty’. He used to rant to me so many times about how some people he met would just call him pretty and it upset him. I watched as Luhan’s eye’s faltered for a while.

“R-Really?” He said, starting to plaster a bright yet fake smile on his face. “A lot of people seem to tell me that.” He laughed a little.

Oh god, is he stupid?

The guy nodded.

“You do look pretty for a guy though,” He said. “Maybe a bit feminie too?”

That’s it.

Don’t call him pretty for god’s sake!

And that is what I exactly said to him as I stood up from my desk and faced him. The whole classroom stopped chatting and all stared at me.

“What?” The guy looked at me.

My eyes widened.

What the heck did I just do.

“Th-That is....” I started to stutter again. “Boys...Boys don’t like being called pretty so you may as well just call him handsome.”

The hell am I saying?

The class continued to stare at me and the guy finally nodded.

“Okay, okay,” He said and faced Luhan. “Sorry man, didn’t mean to say that to you.”

Luhan smiled, shaking his head.

“No, it’s okay,” He said. “It’s perfectly fine.”

 

 

 

The first day of school travelled fast.

Soon, the bell went for the end of the school day and we all retreated back to our dorm rooms. I slowly started to unpack all my things and made sure all my girl stuff were tucked nice and safely in the bottom of my drawer.

In our dorm room, there were two beds on each of the ends of the room. The toilet and bathroom was located outside in the dorm area which made it harder for me to plan how I was supposed to take a shower here without being caught.

Just after I had finished packing, Luhan came in, looking a bit tired. He saw me and I quickly bowed my head at him, feeling flustered from before. He put his bag on his bed and took out his phone, as if he was waiting for a text or call. Not before long, he frowned and finally pressed something onto his phone and held the phone to his ear.

All of a sudden, my phone rang. I jolted in surprise and shock and noticed that Luhan was staring at my phone too while with his phone on his ear.

Could it be...HE’S TRYING TO CALL ME!?

HE’S TRYING TO CALL SONG HAERIN WHILE SHE’S OFF BEING SONG HAEBYUN!?

This was bad.

This was really, really, bad.

I quickly jumped to my phone and Luhan hung up on his and turned to me.

“Was someone calling you?” He asked.

“I-I think it was just my parents or something, trying to check up on me,” I said, laughing nervously.”W-Who were you trying to call? It’s such an amazing coincidence that my parents called the same time you were calling whoever that was.”

That...was one of the worst lies I have ever told.

I looked at Luhan’s expression to see if he believed me.

He did.

“I was just trying to get in contact with a friend,” He said. “I haven’t really spoken to her in a while since I left my old school.”

Well here I am.

“I see...” I said, nodding. “W-Well I’m going to go to wander around more. I’ll be back later.” I got up and opened the door of our room. Before I got to leave, Luhan stopped me.

“Oh Haebyun, thanks for before in the classroom,” He said, smiling and then looking down. “I...I actually hate being called pretty.”

My stomach started doing a million flip flops and somersaults.

I turned around and gave him another awkward crooked smile.

“I know.”

And then I left the room.

 


 

 

asdfghjhkjk

I hope it wasn’t too boring D:

thanks for reading! c: