The Dangerous Shopping Incident

My Crush is....Gay!?

After the Luhan incident, I thought that nothing else would be able to disturb my peaceful vacation. However, on the last week of vacation I soon realised I was wrong.

“Haerin-ah,” Mum called from the kitchen. “Can you go out and help me buy some groceries for dinner? The shopping list is on the door.”

“Sure,” I replied, running downstairs and typing my hair into a mini ponytail. Grabbing the list from the door and my wallet, I headed outside to the market. The market was crowded with people as usual so I quickly went ahead to buy what umma wanted. In the end, I was down to the last item on the list. I nodded to myself and took a look at the list.

Baozi.

I blinked and looked again. Baozi?

The sudden change of food type surprised me but I didn’t think too much and quickly made my way to the hot food section where there was a Chinese food stall. As I made my way closer, I noticed two familiar looking figures at the baozi stand and I felt myself going cold all over.

Xiumin was looking at all the baozi at the Chinese food stall hungrily while Tao stood with him, looking irritated. My head spun and I quickly hid myself away from them in the large crowd, hoping they’d go away as soon as possible. What were they doing here!? I couldn’t approach them like this! I sulked silently as I looked down at the casual dress I was wearing.

After a few minutes, I turned back to discover they were still there and Xiumin seemed to be begging Tao. When Tao shook his head, Xiumin tried some aegyo which made Tao scowl. I looked at my watch. I had been out grocery shopping for two hours already. If I didn’t head back soon, umma would get worried.

Sulking, I approached the stall, trying to hide my face as I did. Xiumin and Tao both noticed as I came along and I quickly turned myself a little so that they couldn’t see my face properly.

“U-Um...” I stuttered in a very quiet voice in case Tao and Xiumin could recognise it. ‘May I please purchase 10 meat baozi?” The shopkeeper squinted and inclined an ear towards me.

“Eeh? What didja say?” He asked gruffly. “You’ll have to speak up, little missy.” I took a quick peek beside me to see Xiumin staring at me curiously while Tao looked plain suspicious. I felt a cold chill go down my back.

“M-May I please purchase 10 meat baozi?” I repeated, a little bit louder this time.

“Why didn’t ya’ just say so?” The shopkeeper exclaimed and helped me pack some baozi. I bowed a small apology and took the baozi and paid. Before anything worse could happen, I quickly rushed away.

 

No one’s POV:

As Haerin quickly paid and fled away, Xiumin looked over at Tao.

“That strange girl kind of looks like Haebyun, don’t you think?” He said. “But then again, why would Haebyun be here and wear a dress like a girl?” He started laughing to himself while Tao kept watch of the disappearing figure.

“Hold on Xiumin,” Tao said, running forward. “I’ll be back later.” Xiumin blinked as Tao ran ahead.

“What? Yah! Where are you going?” He shouted as Tao slowly disappeared in the large crowd. “YOU STILL NEED TO BUY SOME BAOZI FOR ME!”

 

- Haerin’s POV -

As soon as I made sure I was out of Xiumin and Tao’s sight, I sighed and dropped down with my groceries. Buying groceries had never been as hard as it was now. And meeting Tao and Xiumin were certainly unexpected. Seoul Boys Academy was so far away from this place, I hadn’t expected them to be at the markets here. Once again, I sighed and stood up to go home.

“I knew it.” A sudden voice cut through my thoughts and once again, I felt a cold chill go down my back. I turned around slowly.

Wrong move.

 


 

ermagad. I'm so sorry for the late update! 

school has been killing everything. ; u ;

and I have 123 subscribers now. woop! should I feel lucky? 8D

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter even though it's short haha. ;;;

by the way, if you didn't know, I changed my username from TheBlackRabbit to irresolution. o/

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO INFINITE BIAS, KIM MYUNGSOO. ; u ;