Some kind of rejection?

My Crush is....Gay!?

 

Haerin’s POV
 
I looked down onto the ground as I stood nervously in front of my crush, Luhan. The wind blew gently making the scene almost clichéd. 
“U-Um....the truth is...” I stuttered and then looked up at him. “The truth is that I like you!” Luhan smiled.
“Haerin-ah,” He said. “The truth is that I like you too!” My eyes widened. 
“Jinja!?” I exclaimed. He nodded, smiling and slowly, leaned in while closing his eyes. I closed my eyes and leaned in too, my heart pace starting to speed up.
Our lips were only 15 centimetres apart.
10 centimetres....
5 centimetres....
All of a sudden, Luhan stopped and moved back.
Before I knew it, he threw a piece of chalk at my head.
“OW! Oppa, what was that for!?” I screeched and when I opened my eyes, my homeroom teacher was glaring at me while the students in my class snickered. 
“Song Haerin-sshi,” The teacher growled. “The classroom isn’t your bedroom.” I bowed my head.
“Che-Chesonghapnida....” I apologized, blushing. The teacher nodded curtly and turned back to the black board. I slowly turned my head to see my best friend and crush, Luhan staring at me, chuckling. I turned my head back and then groaned and dropped my head onto the desk.
“Way to go, Song Haerin.” I muttered to myself and zipped open my pencil case. From the pencil case, a piece of paper dropped onto my table. I opened it up and looked at it. It was a note I was going to sneak into Luhan’s locker.
 
Please come and meet me at lunchtime at the school garden.
-From anonymous
 
I sighed and folded up the note again.
 
Good luck, Song Haerin.
 
 
 
Class seemed to go fast because the lunchtime bell rang in no time. Jumping out of my seat, I headed over to the lockers and soon found Luhan’s locker.
After making sure that no one noticed, I quickly slipped my note into his locker and left. Just as I was going to go inside my classroom, the door slid open and Luhan appeared. I jumped back in surprise.
“L-L-Luhan!” I stuttered. “What are you doing? You scared me.” He grinned. 
 
“You were sleeping in class again?” Luhan said. “How typical. What did you dream about this time?”
 
Oh you know, just you as usual.
 
“Wh-Wh-Wh-What? N-Nothing...” 
 
“Liar.”
 
“I said it was nothing!!” 
 
Luhan put his hands up like he was surrendering. 
“Arrasso, arrasso,” He said. “I won’t ask anymore. Come on, I’m going to buy lunch again.” 
I stared.
“Y-You don’t have money in your pocket?” I asked. He shook his head.
“Nope, I’m going over to my locker to get money” He replied. “Kaja.” Before I could protest, we went over to Luhan’s locker. As he opened his locker, the note fell on the floor straight away. My heart felt like it just did a big leap over a tall building.
“What’s this?” He said, cocking his head and bending down to pick the note up. “It’s a note!”
 
You don’t say...?
 
“What does it say?” I asked even though I knew so very well what the note said. 
“Hmm, someone wants to meet me at lunchtime,” Luhan said, nodding. “Should I go now?”
“WHAT. NO!” I said quickly, maybe a little too quickly. Luhan stared at me.
“Why not?” He asked.
“Um...” I racketed my brain. “Eat! We haven’t eaten yet! Let’s go eat first; the person probably needs to eat their lunch first too!” 
“Do you think so?” Luhan said, thoughtfully. “But they might be waiting!”
 
Oh god, you are too nice.
 
“Ani! I don’t think so!” I shook my head and gave a slight smile. “Go later, at the end of lunchtime.” Luhan looked at me and nodded.
“Okay, I will then,” He said, smiling. 
Soon, we both brought our lunches and sat down together, eating.
I peeked at Luhan a little. He seemed a little distant today which was a bit strange. 
I mean, he usually was distant anyway but it was a different kind of distant. I sighed, hoping I made the right choice.
 
 
 
Time seemed to hate me today because just after we’d finished our lunch, it rang. 
“L-Let’s go back to class now,” I stuttered. 
“Eh? But I still have to go meet that person!” Luhan said and then smiled. “Don’t worry, you go back to class by yourself first, I’ll catch up later.” 
I nodded, reluctant.
“Okay then...I’ll go back to class...” I said, feeling a bit shaky. Luhan smiled again.
“See you later,” He said. I nodded and walked off. 
When I knew I was out of his sight, I quickly took a shortcut and made my way to the school gardens. Luhan was already there but he didn’t notice me yet. 
My reflexes reacted and I quickly hid behind a sakura tree nearby. 
Luhan was already there, looking around and waiting.
My heart was beating so loud that I was scared Luhan could hear it. 
What am I doing? Didn’t I decide to confess? Why am I keeping him waiting?
All of a sudden, the wind blew softly and a sakura petal floated onto the top of my nose.
 
“Ah.....”
 
Oh no...
 
“Aah....”
 
NONONONONONONON-
 
“ACHOOOOO!!!”
 
Luhan turned around immediately and saw me. 
“Haerin!” He said, sounding surprised. “What are you doing here?” I quickly jumped out from my hiding spot.
“No, I j-just happened to-“
“By any chance, are you the one who wrote the note?” Luhan asked me. I looked down, feeling a bit embarrassed. 
He seemed to get the message. 
 
“Great!” He smiled. “What did you need to tell me?” 
 
“Um.....” I said.
 
Come on Haerin, you can do it.
 
Luhan just looked at me happily, waiting.
 
I looked up at him.
 
“Um, I....” 
 
Say it, say it, say it.
 
“I...I like-“
 
All of a sudden, I was interrupted by Luhan as he stared over my head. He nudged me.
“Hey, Haerin-ah,” Luhan said and pointed. “Don’t you think that guy looks kinda cute?” 
I turned around to see one of the juniors who were walking off carrying their books to class. 
“Sehun-ah, hurry up!” Another boy yelled. 
“Wait up hyung!” The junior called Sehun nodded and started running. Once they were out of our sight, I turned back to Luhan. 
He was grinning.
 
Oh no.
 

 

The first chapter is up! c:
I hope you enjoyed it ^^