Entrance Exams

My Crush is....Gay!?

 

I walked back home, feeling proud of myself. I thought about what happened before with my homeroom teacher and grinned.
 
 
 
“What did you just say?” The teacher said, raising an eyebrow. “You’re moving schools?” I nodded.
 
“Yep! Here’s my form!” I handed it to him and he looked through it. 
 
“Do your parents know about this?” The teacher asked. 
 
“Of course,” I lied, thinking about how I was supposed to explain to my parents that I was going to move to an all boys school. “We discussed it last night.”
 
The teacher nodded and then gave me back my form.
 
“Song Haerin-sshi,” He said. “By any chance, are you doing this because of Luhan?” I gulped.
 
“A-Aniyo,” I replied. “I just wanted to get a better education.” 
 
“Hmm,” The teacher didn’t really seem convinced. “Well, good luck.” I beamed and then bowed.
 
“Thank you so much seongsangnim!” I said. “It’s been fun having you as a teacher!” He laughed.
 
“Don’t day dream when you get to that school, arrasso?” He said. I nodded.
 
“Goodbye!” 
 
With that, I ran out into the halls and out of the school. Every step I took, my excitement rose higher and higher
Just wait for me, Luhan! 
 
 
 
“I’m home!” I called when I stepped through my door. 
 
“Haerin-ah!!” My bubbly mother came rushing from the kitchen as she greeted me. “Welcome back!” 
 
“Where’s dad?” I grinned and asked.
 
“Still at work,” She smiled. “He should be coming home soon.” 
 
“Oh okay,” I nodded. I thought about the form I had handed to the teacher to look at and bit my lip. 
 
Now’s the time.
 
“U-Umma,” I said. “Um, I need to show you something.” I took out the form from my bag and gave it to her.
 “I want to move schools and do the entrance test for this school.”
 
She looked at it. My heart was beating hard with anxiety. I hope she didn’t notice that I had used white out to hide the “Boys Academy” part.
 
“Isn’t this that really good school?” She asked. I nodded. She turned towards me so suddenly that I flinched.
 
“Haerin-ah...” Mum whispered. My heart dropped 50 meters. 
 
She suddenly grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me into a tight hug.
 
“Haerin-ah! Good for you!!” She cried while I struggled in her bear-like hug. “You want to go to a boarding school for smart kids? Aww you’re a big girl now, Haerin!” She continued hugging me while I tried breathing. 
 
Suddenly, dad came through the door.
 
“What’s going on?” He asked. At that moment, Mum let go of me and I took my chance to take as many deep breaths as I could. 
“Yeobo! Haerin just said that she’s going to try out for this really good boarding school!” She beamed. 
“Really?” Dad seemed extremely interested. He turned to me. “Is this true, Haerin? Is this true?” I nodded uncertainly and was pulled into another crushing bear hug by my dad.
 
“Congratulations!” He said. “You’re finally old enough to make your own decisions, eh?” He let me go and then gave me a pat whack on the back. 
I chuckled nervously.
 
“Yeah....”
 
“So,” Dad said. “Which school is it?” I blinked.
 
“Uh...”
 
“Something like, Seoul Academy?” Mum said. Dad frowned. 
 
“Seoul Academy?” He questioned.
 
“Y-Yeah!” I blurted. “It’s um, the new co-ed school that affiliates with Seoul Boys Academy.”
 
“I haven’t heard of it yet,” Dad chuckled. “Good luck on your entrance test then! When is it?” 
 
“In a week,” I said proudly. Luckily, I had already signed up for the school myself using the school computers. I decided that my name for when I start going to the school would be “Song Haebyun” so no one would be suspicious. 
 
“Ah, we have business meetings next week!” Mum gasped, looking at Dad. “Sorry Haerin-ah! We can’t go with you! You’ll have to go by yourself!”
I was more than happy to hear that. I didn’t want my parents to take me there and see all these guys hanging around.
 
“N-No, it’s okay!” I said, feeling a huge wave of relief wash over me. “I’ll just take the train!” 
 
“Sorry!!” Mum continued to apologize and I waved it off, laughing. 
 
Mission 1: Convince parent’s about moving school COMPLETED
 
 
 
 
 
As soon as I went to my room, I took my textbook out and started studying. It was one of the first times in ages I had studied so hard for an entrance test. After studying, I flipped through magazines and found a nice looking boy-ish hair cut. Grinning, I ripped the page out and folded it, putting it into my pocket. 
Tomorrow was Saturday and a perfect time for me to start getting ready for Seoul Boys Academy. I was getting excited just thinking about it. 
 
 
 
Days passed and I studied like never before. I got to a problem I didn’t understand and I scratched my hair which was now cut short into a boy-ish style and went over to my mum.
“Umma,” I said, showing her my textbook. “Can you help me with this question?” 
“Ah!” She turned around and smiled. “Well you just do this and over here, you have to work this out to get the result!” I took a look at my book. 
“Ah I see now,” I smiled. “Gomawo!” She ruffled my hair and I walked back to my room. The strange thing was, after I had my haircut, my parents didn’t seem to mind.
They were a bit surprised at first but after a while, Mum said: “It’s more refreshing this way, isn’t it?” 
I guess I kind of missed my long hair but it didn’t matter anymore. As long as I attended the same school with Luhan and get to see him again. I nodded to myself and got back to studying.
 
 
 
 
A week had already passed and I was standing at the gates of Seoul Boys Academy. I took a deep breath in and then out. Walking over to the gate person, I handed them my student ID (and put white out on the gender part) and then my examination form. He eyed me up and down suspiciously. 
 
“Why are you wearing your school sports uniform?” He asked gruffly. I tried to make my voice sound a little low.
 
“Um, my school uniform is in the wash,” I replied, smiling sheepishly. There was no way I was going to wear a skirt to the examinations as a guy. The gate person stared for a while and then sighed.
 
“Alright then sonny,” He said, poking a thumb behind him. “Go on in and good luck.” I grinned.
 
“Thank you ahjusshi!” With that, I walked into the school. 
There were lots of other guys crowding around the door of the school, waiting to go in. I looked around, wondering if I would be able to see Luhan here. 
 
Suddenly, someone bumped into me which made me drop all my examination forms. 
 
“Ah, sorry!” A voice said and they quickly bent down to help me pick my papers up. After that, we stood up and a nice looking boy handed my papers back to me. 
 
“Here you go,” He said, flashing a bright smile that almost made me squint. “Sorry about that!”
 
“It’s okay,” I murmured, trying to use that low voice of mine again. 
 
“What’s wrong with your voice?” The boy asked. “It’s a bit croaky sounding.”
 
Okay, I’m not going to use that voice ever again.
 
“J-Just caught a cold,” I stuttered. 
 
“It does get a bit chilly these days,” The boy said cheerfully and then held out his hand. “My name is Kevin, Kevin Woo. Nice to meet you.”
He flashed his white teeth smile again.
 
My eyes.....the brightness is too bright...
 
“I’m Song Haeri- Song Haebyun,” I said, giving a crooked smile. “Nice to meet you too.” The bell went for exam time, interrupting our introductions. Kevin chuckled and patted me on the back.
 
“Well,” He said. “I guess its good luck for both of us. See you around!” I nodded and waved back as he disappeared into the crowd. 
 
I guess, I made one friend already then. 
 
I nodded to myself as I entered the large hall filled with seats.
 
Song Haerin, fighting!
 

 

Now Kevin appears! o u o

It took me a while to think of who to use as the “teeth-smiles-so-brilliant-it-almost-hurts-the-eyes” guy but in the end I chose Kevin because he’s pretty cheerful all the time c:
Thank you for reading! 
 
 
                dat sessiness. e u e