Stories at Dawn

My Crush is....Gay!?

 

My mind went in a flurry as millions of questions popped into my head at once.

What do I say? Why is he awake? Was I really that loud? Am I going to get found out soon? Will he be weirded out that I wear My Little Pony underpants because Mum insisted they were cheap and pretty looking?

I decided to trust my instincts and say the first thing that came to my head.

“A-About the My Little Pony underpants, th-they’re actually my little sister’s and I must’ve accidentally packed them with me s-so don’t get the wrong idea!” I blurted. Luhan laughed.

“So you are that rumoured ‘ghost’ around the school, right?” He said, eye smiling. It suddenly hit me that he never asked about the underpants. I dropped my head. I had just given myself away.

“Don’t worry,” Luhan assured, noticing my depressed atmosphere. “I won’t tell anyone. But...do you always shower that late? I mean, why do you shower that late?”

Great.

Now I have to think up of another excuse.

“Um...” I thought hard. “It’s um...I uh, can’t really uh...I-I guess I’m shy?”

What the heck was that.

Luhan blinked.

“Too shy?”

“Yeah because uh, I don’t like...showing my body?”

I think I should just bury myself in a hole now.

“Oh I see,” Luhan seemed convinced enough.

“I’ll just...sleep now,” I said, quickly moving to my bed and jumping in so I could avoid talking to him and having to think up of more excuses to answer his questions.

“Goodnight,” Luhan closed the lamp and everything was dark. My heart was pumping hard and I blinked at the wall in the darkness. I tried to turn over and closed my eyes but I didn’t feel sleepy anymore.

“Haebyun?” Luhan’s voice whispered through the darkness. “Are you still awake?”

“Yes,” I reluctantly replied.

“Um,” He said. “I can’t seem to fall asleep.”

“Me neither,” I admitted. All of a sudden his lamp light opened and I found myself staring at Luhan who had opened his light from his bed.

“Let’s just do something to be able to fall asleep!” He suggested, getting something from his bag and then returning to sit on his bed. “I’ll show you something!” Luhan patted the empty spot next to him, indicating that I should sit there with him.

Although I was reluctant to sit next to him as a guy, I was curious at what he had gotten out of his bag. He seemed to handle it with lots of care. I went over and sat next to him, getting a view of what he was holding in his hands. It took me a moment to realise that he was holding an old looking photo album. It was made out of leather and the front had the title ‘Memories’ in gold curly letters. Luhan opened it up delicately and I felt like I was looking at some ancient type of scroll.

The first picture was a picture of him as a baby with his parents back when they were in China. He pointed to the young Chinese lady.

“That one,” He said proudly. “Is my mother.” I already knew that since I’d seen her a lot before but I had never seen a picture of her looking so young.

“She looks like you,” I noted. Luhan nodded and then pointed to the young Chinese man standing next to his mother.

“And that one is my father,” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“No Sherlock, he’s your grandpa,” I said sarcastically. Luhan shrugged.

“Just thought you’d like to know.” He replied, grinning. He continued to flip each page and we saw new photos of his childhood, commenting on each one.

Soon, he flipped another page and a photo of me and Luhan when we were children appeared. I fell silent and so did Luhan.

“And that...” Luhan said. “...is me and my best friend.” I nodded, trying to think of something to comment about.

“You guys seem close,” I said even though I knew perfectly well. Luhan smiled.

“We are!” He said sounding a bit excited at first but then dropping into a different tone. “But I guess we’re not as close anymore.”

We’re only 20 centimetres apart from each other.

“Why not?” I asked.

“I guess...I just didn’t tell her about moving to here,” He said honestly. “I think she’d probably forget me.”

“No way!” I shouted, standing up. “That won’t happen! Because...because you guys have been friends for so long and she probably has only had you as her only friend so she might still think about you, you know?” Luhan stared at me and after I realised what I just did, I sat back down again, feeling embarrassed.

“You might be right,” Luhan said after a while and then smiling at me. “I hope you’re right.” I gave him a nod.

“I know I’m right!”

With that, we continued to look through his photo album until I suddenly yawned and felt my eyelids getting heavy. Luhan stopped and looked at me.

“Feeling tired?” He asked. “Maybe you should go to sleep now.”

“No, it’s okay,” I shook my head slowly and gave him a small smile. “Let’s continue looking through.” He nodded and then continued to tell me about some of his childhood stories. Soon, my eyelids tried to fall again and my head was nodding slowly.

Then, my eyelids closed completely.

 

I don’t know how I managed to fall asleep. The next morning, I heard an alarm going off and I slowly opened my eyes. I saw Luhan right in front of me, looking like an angel with his eyes closed. Smiling to myself, I closed my eyes again.

Wait.

Luhan right in front of me?

My eyes shot open again and I realised that I had been sleeping next to Luhan all night. I jerked quickly off his bed and a blanket fell off my shoulders and onto the ground. I stared at it, trying to remember why I had a blanket on me.

Could it be...?

Did Luhan cover the blanket on me? I blushed a little and took a look at the time.

My eyes widened and I quickly shook Luhan by the shoulders.

“Luhan! Luhan!” I yelled. “Wake up! We’re late for class!”

 

 


 

 

...These kids.

Why are they always late? = u =

/shot