Last Day

My Crush is....Gay!?

 

After we arrived back from the bowling centre, everyone went to their dorms to rest and I limped my way to the first aid to get myself another ice pack.

When I came back into my room, Luhan was there and he was already packing some of his things into a suitcase. He turned as I closed the door and smiled.

“You’re back,” He greeted. I gave him a slight nod before heading over to my bed.

“You’re packing already,” I commented, nodding at his suitcase.

“Yep,” He nodded. “My parents already booked plane tickets for Monday morning so I need to pack now in order to get ready.” I simply just nodded and the room went silent.

Oh my god...it almost feels like déjà vu.

I stared at Luhan and tried to memorise every single detail of his face so I wouldn’t ever forget him if he left. Luhan dusted his hands and looked around, catching me staring at him in the process. I quickly turned around and put my bed covers over myself.

“Haebyun...?” Luhan asked. “What are you-“

“I-I’m exhausted!” I lied. “I’m going to sleep early, okay? Okay. Goodnight!” I kept my back him and laid down, closing my eyes. I heard no other noise from Luhan other than sounds of him walking around and packing up.

I am going to have some trouble sleeping tonight.

And I was right.

Carefully, I looked at the time on my phone as I heard Luhan close the lights and go to bed. It was already very late. And no matter how long I shut my eyes, I couldn’t seem to sleep. Eventually, I figured that Luhan had already gone to sleep so I rose up from my bed and squinted in the dark.

I sighed.

What was I going to do when Luhan leaves?

Who would help me with my homework?

I dropped my head and then decided to attempt getting some sleep again.

Only two more days left. Two more days.

 

Somehow, I managed to fall asleep last night. The next morning I was woken up by Luhan’s voice.

“Haebyun,” He called, shaking me. “Haebyun. Yah, Haebyun! Wake up!”

“Whatisitgivemetenmoreminutes.” I mumbled, half awake. I thought he’d leave me alone because all of a sudden he stopped shaking so I turned to the side and continued to sleep.

“You don’t want to hang out with me today?” He asked. My ears twitched and my eyes shot open.

“Wh-What!?” I exclaimed, shooting up from my bed and staring at him. “H-Hang out?” Luhan grinned.

“Well I originally was going to ask you to hang out with me at the arcades today,” He said, shrugging and getting up. “But I guess you want more sleep so I guess I’ll let yo-“

“Wait a second!” I stuttered, grabbing onto the back of his jumper before he got to walk off. “I’ll get prepared right now!” I nodded and quickly jumped out of bed, trying to find some suitable clothes. Luhan watched me and chuckled.

“I’m going to wait for you outside,” He nodded. “Be sure to get ready in 5 minutes or I’ll leave without you.” With that, he went outside and closed the door, leaving me jumping around with excitement.

 

 

After I finished and met Luhan outside, we went out the school and walked to the arcade. Once we headed inside, I looked around with amazement and my eyes landed on a particular machine.

“Lulu, Lulu!” I said excitedly, grabbing onto Luhan’s arm and shaking it back and forth without realising I called him by his nickname. “Let’s go play on the DDR first!”

Luhan blinked.

“Sure,” He smiled, looking a bit hesitant. We headed onto the machine pressed ‘play’. Unsurprisingly, Gangnam Style was the first song that played. I laughed as we both attempted the horse riding dance. My foot had almost healed itself overnight and it was good enough to lightly jump around.

Next we went around playing different kinds of arcade games until we reached the basketball shooting game.

“Wow look at these prizes!” I exclaimed, mouth dropping. My eyes immediately latched onto a giant pororo stuffed toy, my childhood favourite television character. Luhan seemed to notice what I was looking at because all of a sudden he picked up a basketball and paid the person in charge.

“A-Are you going to try shooting a goal!?” I exclaimed, eyes widening. “But...” He at basketball!

“I’ll try getting you that pororo toy,” He smiled. “Don’t worry.” How can I not worry!? He just paid money to play a game that he’s not good at!

I took a deep breath in and watched as Luhan tried to shoot in the first goal but ended up missing. He frowned and then picked up another basketball, trying to shoot.

Again, it missed the hoop and I looked at the sign nearby.

“Yah,” I hissed. “The sign says you have to pay every three basketballs. We should just leave after this one.” Luhan threw the ball and missed again. He turned and shook his head, paying the man once more and taking another ball.

“I want to try again until I get the ball in a hoop!” He said, determined. As expected, he missed the hoop again and he tried again and again until he had to pay again.

“Yah, let’s just go,” I said nervously, hitting his arm. “You’re not going to get one in.” He shrugged and paid again.

“I just want to prove some things to myself I guess,” He chuckled and took another ball. I looked at him weirdly.

What did he want to prove?

After a few more goes, I checked the time. Luhan and I had been here for half an hour already and he still wanted to go on and on, shooting through the hoops yet missing.

“Are you almost done, sonny?” The man in charge asked gruffly, looking at his watch. “You’ve been here for a while.”

“Sorry,” Luhan apologized but still continued to play. I sighed and bit my lip.

Maybe I should at least give him a little support.

“Come on Luhan!” I called, clapping. “You can do it!”

Luhan threw the ball and I blinked, almost missing the moment as the basketball slowly travelled into the hoop. My eyes widened and Luhan turned around excitedly.

“Did you see that?” Luhan breathed. “I got the ball in.”

“Congratulations!” I grinned as we both jumped together in excitement.

“Sheesh you kids,” The man in charge laughed and rolled his eyes. “Did you have your eyes on any of the prizes? Since you’ve paid so much just to get in a goal, you may as well just take one of these.”

“Thank you so much!” Luhan beamed and bowed. “We’ll take the big pororo one then!” He nodded and took it from the prize rack before handing it to me. I looked at my new stuffed toy happily and hugged it.

“Thanks, Luhan,” I said. “You really tried hard. Don’t do that next time though, okay?”

Luhan smiled and once again, we went off and wandered around.

 

By the end of the day, Luhan and I had played most of the games already and both of us were very tired. I yawned as we got back to our dorm and collapsed onto my bed straight away with the pororo toy. Luhan collapsed onto his and we both stayed silent for a moment, thinking about today’s wonderful event.

“Today was pretty fun,” I admitted after a while. “Thank you for taking me out today.”

“What are you on about?” Luhan chuckled. “We’re friends. We should always hang out like this.” I nodded and felt my eyelids slowly dropping. I was way too tired from staying up last night and today. I struggled to keep them open but the bed was too comfortable.

“Say...” Luhan said. “What school did you used to...” But before I heard Luhan finish his sentence, I had already drifted off to sleep.

 

 

A loud knocking noise in the morning made me jolt awake and I got up quickly, looking around. My heart sank when I saw Luhan’s bed neatly made and his suitcase gone. I turned to my desk and saw a note.

To Haebyun,

By the time you’re reading this, I’m probably already on the plane to China or something. Don’t worry though, I’ll be back once Grandmother gets better. Look after the pororo toy for me as well, okay?

Don’t worry about me.

From Luhan

 

I put down the note sadly and once again, someone knocked on the door impatiently.

“Okay, okay,” I said, walking up to my door and opening it. “What do you wa-“ My eyes widened and I stopped mid-sentence.

“I-I’m going to temporarily be your roommate until Luhan comes back,” Tao nodded and quickly walked in, dragging his suitcase behind him.

I stared.

 

 


 

 

djflkdsjg I haven’t updated in a while, I know.

I’m really sorry! I’ve been busy with school and stuff ; u ;

I had to update today though! Because I just want to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY L.JOOOOEEE!

/throws confetti

/dies