Masquerade Ball last part

Falling For My Brother's Best Friend hiatus

I tried to keep my cool and elbowed Miyoung. "Yes my name is Eunjin, but I think you have the wrong person."

"Can you take your mask off? I need to know if it really is you." LJoe said. 

"No, now if you excuse me. We're going to go dance." I grabbed Woohyun oppa's arm to the dance floor. 

"What was that about?" He asked me. 

"Follow me." I said in his ear since the music was too loud. We walked to an area where we couldn't hear the music ringing in our ears. I took a deep breath before I began telling him about LJoe. It wasn't long before he finally figured out that LJoe was my ex. 

"Why don't you want him to know it's you?" He asked confused.

"It's just better that way. He hurt me and there's no reason why I should tell him that I actually do know him." He nodded somewhat understanding. "Let's go dance!" I exclaimed. It just so happened to be a slow song when we got back. I danced with Woohyun oppa for about five minutes then someone cleared his throat. 

"Excuse me, but may I have this dance?" The man asked me. I nodded my head thinking it was him. Had it finally hit him that I've been in misery the half hour we got here? Is he being a gentleman asking me to dance? Or is this just one of his little games?

 

I was wrong. 

 

I was dead wrong.

 

"LJoe..."

"Miss me?" He asked while smirking. I shook my head. 

"I told you I'm not the girl you think I am! There are tons of p-" He cut me off.

"Cut the crap Eunjin-ah. I know you were lying. I heard you and Woohyun hyung talking.” He said rudely. 

I was shocked. “You were eavesdropping on our conversation?! Why are you torturing me like this? Did cheating on me not do enough harm to me? Don’t you understand what you’ve done to me?” I shouted since the music was too loud. 

“Excuse me, may I cut in?” Another man asked. 

“Of course. Now excuse me LJoe.” I said and pushed his shoulder. 

“Thank goodness you came in at the right time!” I shouted to the man. 

“Of course. I didn’t want to miss a dance with the most beautifulest girl here. I’m sorry for not asking you to the ball...” He trailed off. 

“What’d you say? I can’t hear you!” I shouted. The man grabbed my arm and dragged me outside. 

“I said I’m sorry for not asking you to the ball.” The man said. What is he talking about? Could this possibly be him? I removed his mask. Behind it, it was him. The one I had been waiting to dance with for awhile. The one who made my heartbeat quicken. 

“Oppa... I thought you were going to ask me, why didn’t you?” I asked hurt. He looked at me and took a deep breath. 

“I apologize. I just thought you would’ve said no... I was going to ask you, but Woohyun hyung beat me to it. I was hurt that you agreed. That’s why I stopped acting like I cared because I thought you didn’t feel the same way as me.” Hoya said sadly. 

“How do you feel? Can I at least ask you that?” I wondered. 

“I feel like a total dummy when I’m with you. Like I’m able to just be myself when I’m around you. I get butterflies in my stomach when you’re around me. When you’re not with me, I feel like a piece of me just disappeared into thin air. I get sad when you’re not around.” He said shyly. 

“Oppa you’re are so cute!” I said pinching his cheeks. 

“Now the final question: will you go out with me?” He asked hoping I said yes. 

“No she’s not going to go out with you!” Someone yelled interrupting our conversation. I looked to see who it was. Oh great! My worst nightmare has arrived yet again! 

“Who are you?” Hoya asked. 

“I’m Eunjin-ah’s boyfriend. You have no right to be asking her out when she’s still dating me.”  LJoe said. My eyes went wide at his statement. 

“LJoe I don’t know who you think you are to be claiming me as your girlfriend. You clearly broke up with me by cheating on me. Now stop being a creepy ex-boyfriend and get out of my life!” I shouted at him. He looked at me shocked by my outburst. 

“Wow babe you’ve changed. It hasn’t even been that long since we’ve broken up.” He said.

“Well things happen, so people change. And I happen to be one of those people. Also I am not your girlfriend.” I said coldly to LJoe. I looked at Hoya and grabbed his arm dragging him back inside. I pulled out my phone and texted him because I knew he wouldn’t be able to hear a thing in here. 

Hoya oppa, I will go out with you.

-Eunjinnie<3

He looked up at me and smiled. Then pulled me in and kissed me on the lips. We both smiled into the kiss. “Finally.” He said once he pulled away. 

Everyone had stopped dancing and turned towards Hoya and I. We heard cheers throughout the whole room. "Go Eunjinnie!" I heard Miyoung shout. A couple seconds after I heard L oppa shout, "Go Hoya!" I was embarrassed by everyone's actions. 

"Turn up the music and let's dance!" I shouted towards the DJ. Tonight was just the best other than LJoe being here. It was absolutely amazing. The sad part is we only have three weeks left with the guys. 

The ball ended around 12. The van came to pick us up. Everyone, but L oppa and I fell asleep. "So you two seem like a happy couple huh?" 

"Yes we do oppa. I could say the same to you and Miyoung. But what are we going to do once it's time for us to leave? Will a long distance relationship work? I'm going to miss you guys a lot..." I said sadly. 

"Don't worry Eunjinnie. You just got to believe. There's always calling, texting, and even Skype! We will find a way to make it work out." He said reassuringly. 

I just hope everything works out like he says it will. I really want this relationship with Hoya oppa to work.