The Real Reason

Falling For My Brother's Best Friend hiatus

We brought my mother to the hospital as quickly as possible. “She’s going to be okay, right?” I asked LJoe. 

“Of course she is. Nothing is going to happen.” He reassured me. I nodded my head, but I didn’t feel certain that it was true. We waited at the hospital for a few hours. 

 

“Is there a Kim Eunjin here? She would like to see you.” The doctor said. I got up from my seat and followed the doctor into the room my mother was put in. 

 

“Omma...” I said before walking up to her. 

 

“Is that really you Eunjin?” She asked touching my face. A tear fell from her eye. “It is you. I thought you were dead. What happened?” I explained to her what had happened with Hana and she hugged me tightly. “I’m glad my baby is okay.” The doctors released her and we went home. I noticed that Myungsoo oppa wasn’t there. 

 

“I thought Myungsoo oppa lived here? Did he move back into the dorm?” I asked my mother. She nodded her head. 

 

“Why don’t we invite them over here and we can talk about what had happened and LJoe-ah invite your friends over too. I’m going to make dinner and I would like everyone to join.” She said. I helped my mother prepare for the incoming guests. We made a lot of food and most of it looked like they were my favorites. 

 

My father heard the doorbell ring and went to open it for the guests that had arrived. “Welcome, please make yourselves at home.” I heard my father say. He came into the kitchen and said, “LJoe and his friends have arrived.” Five minutes later the door opened and in came Infinite. I heard everyone greeting each other. I even heard Miyoung’s voice out there. 

 

I walked into the living room, but no one acknowledged my presence. I cleared my throat and everyone turned to look at me. “Hi everyone.” I said. Everyone’s jaws dropped except for Hoya’s and LJoe’s. Miyoung walked up to me and looked me up and down. 

 

“You can’t possibly be who I think you are. Can it?” She asked and I nodded my head. “Omo Eunjinnie! I thought you were dead! How are you still alive? Are you a ghost? A spirit? How is this possible?” 

 

“Well as you can see I’m not dead. I was never dead, Hana kept me hostage. I couldn’t contact any of you because she broke my phone. She threatened me that if I ran away, she would kill all of you. That was when my plan came in that I were to forget all of you.” I told them. 

 

“I have a question for LJoe though.” Said Sunggyu. “How did you know she didn’t lose her memory?”

 

“It was quite simple actually. If she lost her memory she wouldn’t have known where my dorm was or which room was mine. Also when she spoke to me I could tell she knew who I was.” He said. I noticed Myungsoo oppa standing near a room and signaled me to go inside a room. 

 

“I’ll be back.” I told them. I got up from my seat and went into what I assumed was supposed to be my room. 

 

“I thought you were dead... Why didn’t you send a message or something to at least assure me that you were fine? I locked myself in my room ever since I found out you were dead or when I believed you were. I spoke to no one and barely ate anything. I didn’t even talk to my girlfriend until the night Hoya saw you at the club. All you thought about was yourself.” He said. 

 

“Are you blaming this all on me? I was just doing this to protect every single one of you! I was actually almost killed that day we were kidnapped. If I didn’t agree to going with Hana Miyoung, omma, and I would be gone for good! Don’t you even dare call me selfish! You don’t even understand what I had to go through the past three months. It was absolutely torture not being able to see you guys and being locked in that hell hole. I was forced to do what she demanded.” I yelled at him. He didn’t say anything and suddenly felt guilty for his choice of words. He tried to apologize, but I backed away. 

 

“Are those bruises on your arm?” He asked worriedly. I shook my head and rolled my sleeves down. I left him in the room and went to join the others. He can’t know what happened. No one can ever know. I looked at Hoya and brought him to another room to talk. 

 

“Eunjinnie... I still don’t understand why you didn’t tell anyone. We could have helped you out as much as possible. I knew you weren’t dead because they never found your body.” He said. 

 

“Why doesn’t anyone understand that I did this for everyone’s safety!? I was thinking about what would happen if I had to watch all of you die in front of my eyes. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself knowing I was the reason for everyone’s death.” I said. 

 

“As long as you’re okay that’s all that matters.” He said while going in for a hug, but I declined it. “Is something wrong?” He asked concerned.

 

“No it’s just I haven’t showered for a couple days and I smell.” I said coming up with a lame excuse. “Let’s go back to the others.” 

 

Hoya POV

 

As I was sitting on the couch listening to everyone talking I noticed Myungsoo and Eunjin go inside a room. We all heard someone yell, it was most likely Eunjin, but ignored it. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I checked to see what it was. I opened up a text message from Myungsoo and read it. 

 

From: Myungsoo

 

Eunjin has bruises on her arms. I think I saw some on her neck and some on her legs. 

 

I read the text over and over again wondering what that could mean. Was she tortured while she was in there? What exactly happened during those three months she was gone? I saw Eunjin come out of the room with Myungsoo following behind. Then she grabbed me by the arm a little too tightly than I expected.     

 

“Eunjinnie... I still don’t understand why you didn’t tell anyone. We could have helped you out as much as possible. I knew you weren’t dead because they never found your body.” I said. 

 

“Why doesn’t anyone understand that I did this for everyone’s safety!? I was thinking about what would happen if I had to watch all of you die in front of my eyes. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself knowing I was the reason for everyone’s death.” She said. 

 

“As long as you’re okay that’s all that matters.” I said while going in for a hug, but she declined it. “Is something wrong?” I asked concerned. Something is wrong with her. I looked at her arms, neck, legs, and one on her cheek; those were in fact bruises. 

 

“No it’s just I haven’t showered for a couple days and I smell.” She said coming up with a lame excuse. “Let’s go back to the others.” Something happened and I’m going to find out what, but how? She walked out of the room and I stayed in the room before sending Myungsoo a reply. 

 

To: Myungsoo

 

I checked what you assumed to be bruises and your assumption is right. There’s one even on her cheek. I’m suspecting something bad happened to her because I tried to hug her, but she came up with some lame excuse that she hasn’t showered for days. She smells fine to me. 

 

Without looking I hit send and sent it to the rest of the Infinite members and Teen Top. My phone was buzzing nonstop. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the screen. I received 13 text messages. 

 

"Who has bruises?"

 

"Whose she?"

 

"Who smells fine?"

 

"You hugged another girl?! I'm going to tell Eunjin noona!"

 

"Eww that girl is grosss!"

 

"Eunjin has bruises?!" 

 

"What're you talking about?"

 

"Hoya, I think you sent this to the wrong person."

 

"Next time you might want to check to see who you're sending this to."

 

Most of the texts were them wondering who I was talking about in the text. I hit myself in the head because I accidently wrote the text in a different text message that was sent to them all and not Myungsoo. 

 

From: Myungsoo

 

That definitely does not seem like her. We'll have to investigate more on this, maybe we can get LJoe to ask Hana some questions about things that went on during the time Eunjin was away. 

 

I looked up at Myungsoo and nodded my head in agreement. 

 

Eunjin POV

 

Once I came out of the room I heard different noises coming from around the room at the same time. Everyone took out their phones and looked at their screen. What was even weirder was that they all had the same exact faces on. I could help but be suspicious as to what was on their screens. I looked to the right of me and Ricky was sitting there. "Ricky can I see your phone?" 

 

"Yeah sure, Hoya hyung sent me a text about some girl. I think he is cheating on you. Here check for yourself." He handed me his phone and I read the text. Did he notice the bruises? I have to be more careful when I'm around them or else they're going to see them. I shoved the phone into Ricky's chest. I got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen to check to see if the food was ready. And it was already prepared and set onto the dinner table. 

 

While we were eating, I felt like someone was watching my every move. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. I felt something brush against my leg and I got up from my seat. "Thank you for this lovely dinner, I'm going to head to my room now." I excused myself. 

 

"Is something wrong with Eunjin? She seemed a little different." I heard my father ask. Yes I am different because of that incident. I won't let anyone touch me ever again!  I thought to myself.