Heartbreak

Falling For My Brother's Best Friend hiatus

Me and my boyfriend, L.Joe oppa have been living together for a few months. We have been dating for almost two years; our two year anniversary is tomorrow. I got him an early anniversary present just because I didn't think I would have time tomorrow to shop. I opened my purse to look for the keys to our apartment. Once I stepped into the apartment, I hear giggling coming from the living room. I looked at the ground to see some woman's heels next to L.Joe oppa's shoes. I walk right into the living room without closing the door. I stepped in front of the TV and see a disturbing sight. L.Joe is making out with Hana; a girl who despised me. I turned the TV off and they look right up at me. "Well, well, well if it isn't Eunjin," she looked at me and smirked. I looked over to L.Joe and he looks at me as well, but he doesn't say anything. Five minutes finally passes by and he says, "Eunjin-ah we need to talk." Those four words can mean a good thing or a bad thing. In this situation, it's definitely a bad thing. 

At first I thought he was going to apologize but his next words shock me. "We need to break up. I know I should have said this earlier so you can forget me, but this is the only way to do it. Yes, I know tomorrow was going to be our two year anniversary, but this had to be done. Also I'm moving to South Korea tomorrow because I'm finally going to debut with a group called Teen Top." I feel tears at the brim of my eyes. He can't leave me. He just can't! I want to tell him I love him and that it would kill me to see him get on that plane, but I don't. It's because I know that once he becomes famous, he won't have time for me and that everything will change whether we like it or not. "I'm mad that I had to see you makeout with Hana, especially in our apartment. If I had known about you going to Korea I would have understood, but you didn't tell me until the day before you're leaving. You lost my trust, so now I'm glad you're leaving. I'm going out, but by the time I get back your stuff should be out of here and you should be gone." I said then walked out of the door. 

I decide to go visit my parents to tell them about what had just happened. Not only that but to ask them if I can move back in with them since I wouldn't want to stay at that place with such a bad memory. As I'm driving I thought about all the memories we had together. My memory brought up the scene where I had met L.Joe. Back then I use to be a nerd and was bullied. L.Joe had saved me all the time from the bullies.

 

 

Flashback

"Hey Eunjin where do you think you're going?" Jun asked as he pushed me against a locker. "Give me your money! I didn't bring any lunch today and I'm hungry," another replied. There was about five guys there and they kept pushing me. One of them opened up a locker and shoved me inside. I thought I would be trapped in there forever, but I wasn't. I heard a voice outside of the locker and it was a voice I wasn't expecting. It was Lee Byunghyun. I'm surprised he came to help me. The only time we talked was when we had to be partners for a project after that we never really talked. 

"Guys is it really necessary to shove her into a locker? Enough with this nonsense seriously. I'm tired of seeing you bullying people, just stop," Byunghyun said. Yes, he was one of the Kingkas of the school. I heard the locker being opened and I looked up to see Byunghyun holding out his hand to me. "Sorry about my friends, they can be real jerks sometimes. Anyways I'm Lee Byunghyun what's your name?"

"I know who you are, we had to be partners one time for a class project. But I'm Kim Eunjin it's nice to meet you again Lee Byunghyun. Also thanks for that, I thought I was going to be stuck in there for a while" I said and gave him a smile. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his head and replied, "Oh really? Sorry I don't recall. And no worries, it was my pleasure." 

Me and L.Joe had been hanging out a lot since then. One day he asked me if I wanted a makeover and of course I agreed. I couldn't stand looking like this anymore. He brought me to the hair salon and she died my hair a light brown and curled my hair.

"You're all set! Take a look in the mirror, you look absolutely amazing my dear!" the hair stylist exclaimed. I opened my eyes and took a look in the mirror. "I-I look different! I don't even look like myself." I turned towards L.Joe, but he was too busy on his phone. I pouted then told him it was time for the next step. He brought me to the clothes store and chose a ton of clothes. 

He handed me all of them and made me try on every single one. After I tried on each one he made me show him what the outfit looked like. I finally tried on the twentieth outfit, a dress; it was gray with a little bit of black, it was long sleeves, but the dress was a bit short almost showing my . It actually fit me quite well. 

I walked out of the dressing room and see L.Joe look up. "Oppa, how do I look?" I nervously stood there because he didn't reply. After a little waiting he finally spoke. "Eunjin-ah you look beautiful!" He walked up to me and gave me a hug and I hugged him back. "Thank you oppa for everything, really I owe you big time!" 

The next day I became a Queenka since I stepped into the school. Everyone was shocked at my new appearance and many guys asked me out on dates. Everyday that week I had a date and didn't have time to hangout with L.Joe. I sent him a text to hangout.

To: L.Joe oppa

Oppa, I haven't seen you in forever! Please hangout with meeee; meet at the usual place. 

We met at the coffee place around 7. He looked a little nervous, but he didn't say anything. "Is anything wr-" he cut me off before I could finish. "Eunjin-ah, will you go out with me?" I didn't reply and he just took my hand and brought me outside. It had started to rain and he cupped my cheeks and kissed me on the lips. It wasn't one of those quick pecks, but a long and passionate kiss. He pulled away so we could catch our breaths. I nodded my head and he pulled me in for a long hug.

End of flashback

 

I arrived at my parents house with tears in my eyes. I knocked on the door and my father opened the door. All of a sudden I see pitch darkness. I awoke hours later not remembering how I got there or where I was. My mother came into my old room holding a plate filled with cookies and milk. "Hi honey, how are you doing?" 

"Omma, where am I and how did I get here? Did Byunghyun oppa bring me here?" I bombarded her with questions unable to let her speak.  Her eyes showed concern. "You really don't remember where you are or how you got here? But to answer your questions you are home and apparently you drove here by yourself. Byunghyun never brought you here. Speaking of him, I haven't seen him awhile. Why don't you invite him over for dinner?" she asked.

I started to remember everything before I out. Byunghyun cheated on me. He's moving to South Korea to debut with a group called Teen Top. "Omma, now I remember why I came here. Can I move back in with you and appa? Byunghyun broke up with me and he's moving to South Korea. He cheated on me." Omma came to sit on the bed and hugged me. 

"I'm so sorry Eunjinnie! He didn't seem like the type to cheat on anyone, but anyways of course you can come back to live with us. I will have your father move your stuff tomorrow while you're in school, so don't worry about any of that." I hugged her back and we talked about other things. We talked about buying tickets to go see Myungsoo oppa. 

Myungsoo is my older brother. He moved to South Korea to debut with a group called Infinite. I had asked omma if my best friend Miyoung could come along. She also knows about Miyoung and Myungsoo's situation. Omma agreed, so we planned the whole arrangment and the date was set to next week. I sent Miyoung a text about South Korea.

To: Miyoung

Next week, South Korea to stay with Myungsoo oppa and stay with Infinite? 

A couple minutes later my phone vibrated.

From: Miyoung

Oh my goodness! Yes! I can't wait to see Myungsoo oppa! How long are we staying there for?

I decided it would just be easier to call her. It took not even a full ring for Miyoung to pick up my call. 

"Miyoung-ah we're staying there for a month. I just can't believe omma agreed to this!"

"Eunjin-ah of course your mother would! She's the coolest woman out there!"

"I bet you're this excited just cause you get to see oppa."

"Yah, you would be too if you finally got to see your crush that you haven't seen in a while!"

"Miyoung, you and oppa are practically dating!"

"No we are not! We just like each other, but it's not official."

"Seriously just go out already! You act like a couple; I'm going to be so mad at you and oppa if nothing happens during this trip."

"Oh I will make something happen, I'll make sure of it!"

"Miyoung-ah I gotta go now, omma's calling me for dinner. Talk to you tomorrow!"

"See you later Eunjin-ah!"

Almost a week passed by and I forgot about L.Joe and his departure to South Korea. I only had two days until I was out of this place for a month. I left my laptop on since I had used it the night before. I heard a noise go off from my laptop and I opened it up to see a video chat from Miyoung. "Eunjin, two more days! I can't wait it's definitely going to be the best trip ever! Do you have a bikini for when we go swimming?"

I looked at her and her face was serious. "Miyoung, I told you I haven't gone shopping for a bikini in forever! Tomorrow we're definitely going shopping. Have you packed everything; jackets in case it's cold?"

Eunjin replied, "I'm only going to bring one because you know I can always borrow Myungsoo oppa's." I showed her a disgusted face while she smiled happily. 

The next day I woke up around 9 and got ready to go shopping. I sent Miyoung a text. 

To: Miyoung

Wake up missy! I'm ready to go when you are, I'll be at your house in 15.

I went downstairs to look for some breakfast, but found some on the table with a note beside it. 

Good morning sweetie! We didn't want to wake you so we made you some breakfast, sorry we couldn't stay until you woke up. Unfortunately we have a business trip and won't be back until after you leave. Hope you have a safe flight. Video chat us when you arrive, say hi to Myungsoo for us.

With love, your parents

That means I can just sleep at Miyoung's then head to the airport from there. I grabbed my phone and dialed Miyoung's number. "I'm sleeping over your house tonight since my parents won't be here since they're going on a business trip."

"Yay, sleepover! Hurry up, I've been waiting for a while. We need to find you the cutest bikini that will attract the guys." I gave Miyoung a face even though I knew she couldn't see it. 

"Arasso, I'm coming now. See you in 10." I quickly gathered my things and took my car keys out to open the door. I drove as fast as possible since I didn't want to make Miyoung wait any longer. As soon as I got there we went straight to the mall. It took us quite a while to find me a bikini but I finally found one that was just right. It was black with white polka dots. Hopefully it attracts guys, I'm in need of a new guy friend. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait! I'll try to update regularly!