009

And You Are?

*Key's P.O.V*

 

"What was that about? Is something wrong with Onew hyung?" I asked as I set my pizza down on my tray. Minho looks up from his phone to me. He looks worried. He shakes his head and opened his mouth to speak but closed it as he looked at something behind me. I turn around to see Jonghyun walked over to us, smiling. He sat down next to me and waved at us. Minho sighed and looked down at his untouched sandwich. 

"Ohh. Minho doesn't look happy. What happened?" Jonghyun said as he put his elbows on the table. 

"Nothing." I snapped at him. Jonghyun looked at me then pouted. 

"Why do you look like a puppy when you pout?" I covered my mouth with my hand when I heard those words come out of my mouth. He looked at me then smiled. 

"It's okay. But if you really want to know I'll tell you. You see, my family is-" 

"Hyung!" Someone interrupted him. We turned to see who the culprit was and I smiled. He slowed down and bowed to us, "I'm sorry. I didn't ask. Can I call you hyung?" I chuckled at his childish remark. 

"Sure, Taemin," He smiled and sat down next to Minho, across from me and Jonghyun, "Oh, Taemin. That's Minho, the one you're sitting next to and Jonghyun, the one who is next to me. Guys, this is Taemin. He's new." Jonghyun and Minho respectively bowed their heads and said hello to Taemin. Taemin did the same. I clapped my hands together once.

"Good! Now that we are all friends, well close enough to be friends," I glanced at Jonghyun who was wandering off into space. I rolled my eyes. "We can eat." They nodded but none of them touched their food.

"Why is no one eating?" I looked at each of them. 

"My jaw still hurts because of someone." Minho said. I gave him a small glare then looked at Taemin.

"I'm not hungry." Taemin said. I slightly nodded. I turned next to me and tapped Jonghyun's shoulder. He turned to look at me.

"Did you say something?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I turned back to look at the other two who were in front of us. Minho was looking somewhere else while Taemin just stared at him. Then, ever so slightly, Taemin reached up and barely touched Minho's jaw. Minho snapped his head in Taemin's direction but Taemin was looking somewhere else. I raised an eyebrow. Does this boy like touching other people's faces?

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Lunch ended and we were walking to our classes. Minho was going to his math class (ew, math) and we (Jonghyun, Taemin, and I) were going to gym. Jonghyun led the way for Taemin to the gym. I was walking behind them. 

"Hyung," someone hissed while grabbing my elbow. I turned in surprise to see that it was Minho. 

"Minho, you're going to be late to class." I said as I tried to wiggle my arm out off his grasp. 

"Listen. After school, meet me at the bench that we were sitting in this morning. After that we'll go to your place," He looked so serious that it scared me a little, "I told you I was going to explain and I will. Understand?" I gulped and nodded. He let go of my elbow and walked down the hallway to his class. I stood there for a minute then turned around to see Taemin and Jonghyun waiting for me. 

Today for gym we were outside in the field standing on a white line. I was standing next to Taemin and this guy named Cheolyong. Or as he likes to be called, Mir. 

"Alright. What you'll be learning about today is how to properly use a bow and arrow. Now, has anyone here ever held an actual bow in their life?" Coach Park said as he walked around in front of us. 

"Unless you count a dream then no," I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say, Key?" Mir looked at me with curious eyes. I shook my head.

"Nothing Mir." He nodded and looked at Coach Park. Out of the corner of my eye I see Taemin shyly raise his hand. I see Coach Park look at him then smile. 

"You're my new student. Taemin am I right?" Coach asked as he made his way to stand in front of Taemin. Taemin nodded.

"Yes coach," He looked straight into Coach's eyes. Coach nodded.

"Good. Since you have held a bow before, do you actually know how to use it?" Some people snickered at Taemin as he flinched back a little at what Coach said. Taemin looked at the floor then back at Coach.

"Yes coach." Coach nodded again. He grabbed Taemin's shoulders, turned him around, and pushed him. He stumbled and I reached out to grab his elbow to stop him from falling. He stood up straight and gave me a small smile. 

"Thanks," he mumbled and walked up to where a bow was lying on the floor. He picked it up and looked at it. He stood so that the people from where I am and to the left could only see his back while the people to my right could actually see his face. 

His feet were shoulder length apart, left foot slightly pointed to the target. His left hand held onto the bow while his right bent down to pick up an arrow. He carried the arrow over the bow to the other side. He put the arrow onto the bow string and held it with three fingers under the arrow. Taemin took a deep breath and rose up the bow. He took another and pulled the string back. Nothing happened after a few seconds then he let go of the string and the bow went flying into the air, hitting the target right in the middle. Slowly, he let this hand fall to his side, bow still in hand. 

Taemin turned to us so that his back was to the target. He looked at Coach. He casually put the bow down on the grass and walked over to Coach who was standing next to me. I turned to see Coach with his jaw dropped. I smiled and looked at Taemin. He was smirking at Coach. 

"I believe I know very well how to use a bow, Coach."

 

 

*A/N: Ahh, this is a boring chapter, right? Well, for me it is. Anywho, sorry for not updating when I was supposed to. But, here is your weekly chapter. Enjoy it. Okay, so since I am in Archery club in my school, I had to involve it in my writing. And as we can see, it looks like Taemin is a pro archer, right? And Jonghyun is in his own little world. Ohh, Jjong. On another note, what is up with Taemin and touching other people's faces? You'll find out soon~. Oh, and thank you guys for making me want to keep on writing. I wanted to stop this story but then I remember you guys and went on to writing it. So I thank every one of my lovely (and smart) readers from the bottom of my heart. *bows* Please comment and subscribe if you haven't already. And remember, Saranghae~ less than three. Annyeong~!*