011

And You Are?

I stayed frozen, leaning over Jonghyun who started to calm down. Without you, I'll die. Die? How? Why? And...I'm the only one who can save you?? But, I'm not special. Not even one bit! How can I save someone who I barely know when I couldn't even save myself? 

"G-get away from me" My voice was barely a whisper. My back was against a brick wall in a place I don't even know. One of the guys smirked at me and stepped closer. He put his hands on both sides next to my head on the brick wall. I could see his dark brown eyes dance with an evil glint even in the dark. I gulped as he leaned towards me and whispered in my ear.

"Is the boy scared?" He taunted. I shivered as I felt his hot breathe touch my ear and neck. I felt his lips touch my ear lobe and make their way down my neck and up to my cheek. I gasped as I felt his body lean into mine. 

"Jehoon?" The guy stopped kissing my cheek and let out a growling noise.

"What? Can't you see I'm busy??" He stepped away from me and turned to look at one of the other guys that were with him. The other guy smiled and looked at me. 

"Give the kid some space." Jehoon stepped away from me and let the other guy step in front of me. I trembled because of the cold breeze that just passed by and of fright of what they might do to me.  He tapped my nose with his finger. "You shouldn't be afraid of me. Okay?" I looked down. He grabbed my chin forcefully and made me look at him. "I said, okay?" I nodded and he let go of my chin. 

Then, he punched me. I fell to the ground as I felt the impact. I touched my lips with my trembling fingers. Blood. I started seeing small black spots as I stared at the blood on my fingers. I can't stand the sight of blood. Hopefully, I pass out and they leave me alone. But that didn't happen. He picked me up by the collar of my shirt and shoved me into the brick wall. 

"When I ask you a question, you answer immediately. Understand?" I nodded and closed my eyes. After a moment I opened them again, half expecting to see no one else with me in this alley. But the guy gave me a small smile and leaned towards me. He kissed the cheek that he punched. "I would hate to ruin such a pretty face. Forgive me please. Do you forgive me?" He said in a sweet voice. I stayed silent. 

Next thing I know, I'm on the ground again. This time, he kicked me very hard in the stomach. I coughed and spat out blood. More blood. The black spots got bigger and bigger. Suddenly, there's a wall fire. It doesn't reach us, but it did make the guys run away. I can barely keep my eyes open. Then, I see a shadow. It approaches me and kneels in front of me. 

"It's okay. You're safe now." He says softly. 

"Thank you...." I say, barely loud enough for him to hear. I close my eyes and start to drift into a deep sleep. 

"Minho. My name is Minho," I heard before I was unconscious. I slipped into a dream and dreamed about four things: Fire. Water. Earth. And wind.

I blinked back tears as I remember that night five years ago. That was the same night me and Minho became best friends. I couldn't save myself then from about 5 guys. I am positive I can't save Jonghyun. I notice that Jonghyun is slowly starting to breathe normally. 

"I don't think I can save you. I don't know how." I whispered at Jonghyun. 

"Oh but you can." The voice made me jump. I looked up to see Mir standing there with the bow still in his hands but no arrow. I looked around to see if I see Taemin but he wasn't here. In fact, no one was here. Where did they go?

"Where is everybody?" I asked Mir but he just shrugged. 

"That's the thing about mortals. They do what they want for entertainment but once someone gets hurt, they leave," He rolled his eyes, “But as I was saying. You can, like, totally save him." He exclaimed like a preppy girl. I just stared at him until he sighed. "I was trying to be funny. Take a joke,” He sat down with his legs crossed in front of me, on the other side of Jonghyun. 

"That was a lame joke then," I said which made Mir smile a bit. 

"Whatever. But you can really save him. All of us in fact. You just have to know everything. From the beginning. And all of our stories. Even mine and Jonghyun over here," He gestured Jonghyun with his chin. He sighed again and stood up. "My time here is over. I should go now," He walked past Jonghyun and I, towards the school building. He turned and smiled at me, "Tell Hyung I said hello, will you?" He waved and continued walking. 

"Mmmmh. Key?" I stopped looking at Mir walk and turned to see Jonghyun sitting up and rubbing his temples. 

"What?" I said as I stood up. He looked at me and smiled, making him look like a dinosaur. 

"Thank you for worrying about me," I slightly blush.

"I was not worried about you." I spat and started walking the same way Mir went. I heard Jonghyun laugh and I smiled a bit. I took a peak behind my shoulder and saw Jonghyun standing up with his arms out to his sides. His face was upwards and his eyes were closed. The sun shinned on his face, making him look like he was glowing.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I was sitting on the bench thinking about what happened today in gym. I hit myself with the bow string (my arm now has a huge, hideous bruise); Jonghyun had a breakdown while Mir was standing over him ready to shoot him. I crossed my arms and looked down at my lap. Both Taemin and Mir said something that doesn't make sense though. Taemin said, "Oh no. It started." And Mir said, "That's the thing about mortals." What started? And aren't we all mortals? I mean, that's what humans are right? Mortals. Unless they're something else. 

"Hyung." I jumped and turned around to see Minho walking towards me while adjusting his backpack straps to fit his shoulders. I sighed and stood up. 

"Can we go now?" I asked and Minho nodded. We started walking to my home.

When we got there, Onew Hyung greeted us in the living room. He gave me a serious look. 

"Key, sit down. We need to talk."

 

 

*A/N: An early update for you all~! I don't ever do this and I'm sure I won't do it again. Well, maybe if it's a very intense I need to write. But I don't think that will happen. Yet. *cough cough* So, how did you like this chapter? I, in fact, am very proud of this chapter. Well, only the part that happened to Key five years ago. But I guess that's how I write when my feelings are all mixed up. But, that doesn't matter. This chapter....it has clues. Not a lot but it has some. Just as the other chapters do. But this one, I don't know, I think it has more than the rest. Just putting that out there. ^.^ Okay. This is it. I'll go now. Oh! And for my readers who live in the States, hope you all have a fantabulous Thanksgiving.        \(^.^)/ Okay. Annyeong~!*