021

And You Are?

Suho jumped off the tree and landed in the water with a small SPLASH where that water was knee deep then gestured me over with his hand. I stepped forward, stepping on the roots of the tree and gave him a questioning look. He chuckled. 

"Water is a very calm element. The complete opposite of fire, but that you'll find out later. Which is why in order to control any of the elements, you first have to know how to control your emotions. Controlling your emotions can be hard. This is why that is going to be our first lesson in your training. As I said, water is said to be the calmest of the four elements. So today, I am going to teach you how to be calm no matter what." I nod. He smiles again and steps further in the water to where it is now waist deep. "So, Kibum, are you ready?" He asks. I sigh and nod with a smile. 

"Yes." He nods and takes a step back, going deeper into the water. 

"Then your training has officially started." Suho snaps his fingers. At first nothing happens but then I see a figure walking my way from the other side of the river. The figure rises its' hands and lightning shoots out of them. 

I follow the lightning with my eyes as it goes up to the sky. I look back at the figure and I widen my eyes. Its arms are pointing to me and I see small lightning bolts dancing on its fingers. Then, all of a sudden, a lightning bolt is shot towards me. I jump to the side, barely fast enough before the lightning hits me and land on my hands and knees. 

"What are you doing?" I yell as I stand up but find myself dodging more lightning bolts. I scramble to my feet as I see someone else standing next to the first figure. I squint my eyes, trying to see their faces. The second figure bends down to pick up a thick tree branch and throw it in the air. He raises his hand and stops the branch in mid-air. He moves his arm to the right and so does the branch. After a few seconds, he flicks his hand and points to me, making the branch come at me at full speed. 

Before I even think about moving, the branch hits me in the chest, sending me a few feet back into a tree trunk. I gasp for air as I push the branch off of me and stand up straight. I blink a few times before I feel being pushed back to the tree trunk. I groan and push myself off the tree. 

I look at the direction the two figures were but they aren't there anymore. All I see is Suho in the river making water balls float over his head as he stares at me. He gestures me with his chin to look to my side. I turn and see a guy with dark hair staring at me. He gives me smirk before he kicks me in the stomach. I bend over in pain and look up at him but he isn't there anymore. I moan as I try to stand up straight. I shake my head and see someone else standing a few feet away from me. 

"Baekhyun?" I say and he smiles. Baekhyun gives me an apologetic look and waves at me. His hand stops at mid-wave and a light shoots out of his hand, sending me a few feet backwards making me land on my back. I sit up and see myself surrounded by four guys. I look at each of them, trying to see if I recognize them. The two on the left are probably the one with lightning and the one who hit me with the branch. The other two are Baekhyun and the one who kicked me. 

The first one on the left, who has a baby like face with light brown hair, points to me and rises up his hands. I gasp as I feel the ground beneath me disappear and look down at them. The second one, who has very sharp features and messy dark hair, sends lightning towards my head but barely misses me by a few inches, the one next to Baekhyun sends me another smirk and snaps his fingers, making him disappear within black smoke. Where have I seen that before? Baekhyun gives me yet another apologetic look and shoots light out of both hands repeatedly. I cover my eyes with my hands and feel a punch hit my stomach. Then a kick on my shin. Then a slap on the backside of my head. I take my hands away from my face and look for the guy who disappeared before, knowing it was him who hit me. 

"Why the hell do you keep hitting me??!" I yell as I look around but only see three guys underneath me. The one with the baby face points behind me and twirls his hand, making me turn around as well. Before I know it, I get hit straight on my face. I wince and cry out in pain. "You did not just punch my face!" 

"I did actually, what are you going to do about it?" I glare at the disappearing boy. 

"Oh, I'll tell you what I'm going to do," I say but the guy just gives me another smirk and snap his fingers again, making him disappear then appears sitting in a nearby tree branch.

"Tell me. Which one of your little powers are you going to use? Because we all know you have no damn clue how to use even one of them. Looks like you aren't our savior after all, Key." I grit my teeth as I see his smirk grow bigger. 

"Kibum! Stay calm! Think of the ripples in a pond. Think of the waves gently crashing onto the beach. Think of the soft drizzle land on your face. No matter what your opponent says or does, always stay calm!" I hear Suho from my side tell me. I feel myself being turned around. The one with the baby face flicks his hand to the side and sends me crashing into a tree. I close my eyes as I see Baekhyun ready his hands to shoot light at me. 

Stay calm. Think of the ripples in a pond, the waves gently crashing, and the soft drizzle on your face. No matter what, stay calm.

I picture a pond filled with swimming fishes. A leaf falls on the unmoving water and sends ripples across the water. The ripples, ever so gentle and calm, don't disturb the fishes what so ever. 

I picture an empty beach where the sea water crashes onto the rocks. Gently, the waves make their way to come in contact with land and after saying a calm hello, they return to their home. 

I picture myself looking up into the dark sky as I feel soft raindrops fall their way onto my face. While closing my eyes, the soft and calm drizzle makes its way onto my face to play a little game of tag. 

I feel myself calm down as I feel my entire anger move away like the ripples in the pond. As the gentle waves going back into the ocean, my anger washes away. The soft drizzle seems to be washing away my anger, leaving a thin layer of relaxation. I open my eyes and gaze down at the four guys below me and feel myself being brought down to the ground.

When I'm completely on the ground, Suho walks his way over to me with a smile that meets his warm eyes. I return his smile as he stands in front of me. 

"Very well, Kibum. Now that you know how to stay calm, I can teach you how to control water." He said and stepped aside to let me see a smiling Baekhyun. I glare at him.

"That was not cool, Baekhyun." He laughs and walks over to put his arm around my shoulders. 

"That was part of training." I smile at him. The guy who shot me with lightning stepped forward and bowed to me.

"I'm very sorry about that. But as Baekhyun said its part of training. I'm Jongdae, by the way, but I like to be called Chen." 

"He means Sparky. His name is Sparky." Baekhyun whispered to me but loud enough for Chen to hear him. Chen gave him a glare then looked back at me. 

"As you saw, I can control lightning." He gave me another smile and the one with the baby face stepped forward next to Chen.

"My name is Luhan. And, from how I lifted you off of the ground, I have telekinesis." Baekhyun, again, whispered to me.

"That's Double M by the way. It stands for 'mind mover'." Luhan give us a pout, which made him look very adorable. The next guy, the one who likes to hurt me and disappear stepped forward rubbing his neck. 

"I'm Jongin. But call me Kai, sorry about hitting you. Like Chen and Baekhyun hyung said, its part of training. Sometimes we can't help it. In case you didn't know, I can teleport. That's my power." That must have been the coolest power ever. But not as cool as time control. 

"He's Kaiportation." Baekhyun told me. I stared at him and he removed his arm from my shoulder. 

"It's alright, Kai," I said looking at the latter, "I understand. It is really nice meeting you all, even if you did hurt me and left me bruises." I say as I take a quick look at Kai who smiles shyly. Suho stepped forward this time. 

"Alright Kibum, if you want we can do this again so you can learn better to stay calm, or do you want to start again tomorrow and then get into bending water and what not?" 

"Tomorrow. I need to rest. I got hurt a lot today." They chuckle a bit and nod. These guys are really good with their powers, I wonder how long and how hard they worked to be that good. "So like, can we go back now? And call me Key, please." Chen nods.

"Yeah, today you have to meet the gods. We should get going now." They all start walking but I stay still.

"I'm going .... to meet the gods... today??" I ask. I'm going to meet the gods of Olympus?? Luhan nodded.

"Usually you wouldn't see them all together unless it's a solstice but on occasion they meet when something big and important is about to happen. That would be you." I'm really that important to them? "Let's go." They continue to walk but Kai stays still until I start walking and joins me. 

We arrive at the same place I exited with Amber. I keep walking but then Kai stops me with his hand. I look at him confused. 

"Before you meet the gods, you should know that some of them aren't exactly on right terms with others. And they play favorites a lot. Some might not like you. Just a heads up, so don't be surprised by what some of them might say. Okay?" I nod and he gives me a smile. He clamps his arm around my shoulder. "Now, let's go meet the ever so great gods of Olympus."

 

 

*A/N: Hello~! I'm super sorry for not updating since January. So much has been going on in my life. Plus I was grounded for about a month. I also had huge writer's block for this chapter. But in the time I was away, I have thought of some ideas for this story. I really hope this chapter makes up for my absence and you enjoy it. I tried to make it as long as I could as a way to apologize. OTL I'm very sorry. I will start to write weekly as I did before once school ends which is on June 5. I plan on finishing it during the summer..... let's see how that works out. Please subsribe if you already haven't and please comment. Annyeong~! (For my exotic readers: Dude, it is happening!!!! I didn't believe it at first but it is happening! *dies of feels*)*