022

And You Are?

As we walk, well more like as Kai drags me behind the others into a part of the building that is through twists and turns, Kai tells me as much as he can about the gods. He started with Zeus, who goes by the name of Leeteuk. Leeteuk, as Kai has told me, is one of the most caring of all the gods despite the myths about him. He's 'married' to Hera, BoA who is in his sister. Eww, I'll just ignore that fact forever. 

Hades is also one who is totally different from the myths about him. His name is Yunho and is almost like Leeteuk. But Yunho is more, how did Kai say it? More caring for others? Something like that. 

Kai was about going to get more into Poseidon I think but something caught my eye at the corner of a little hallway in front of us. "Wait, did you see that?" I pointed to the corner and Kai gave me a confused look. 

"What are you talking about? Did I hit really hard?" He grabbed my shoulders but I shook him off and walked to the little hallway. In front of me was a puppy looking up at me. I squealed and picked it up. It nuzzled its' nose on mine then my cheek. 

"Kai, look!" I hear Kai walking up behind me and look over my shoulder onto the dog, "He's adorable, isn't he?" I turned around so that he could have a full look at the puppy. Kai smiled a bit and nods but then stretches the back of his neck. 

"Yeah he is, but..." he starts but the puppy jumps out of my arms and starts to run around my feet. I giggle at it and look up at Kai.

"Who does he belong to?" He looks back down at the dog then at me with his eyebrows furrowed. 

"We aren't allowed to have dogs or any kind of animals in Olympus. In the village, sure. But not in here. There are too many precious and valuable things in here. The only animals that are allowed in here are the wolves that belong to the Hunters of Artemis but even they have to be watched. This dog shouldn't be here." I pursed my lips and look down at the dog that walked around the corner to where we were walking before.

"Hey!" we heard Chen scream, "Why is there a- oh, hi there, hyung." Hyung? Kai turned the corner first and bowed at whoever was there. I follow Kai and see Jonghyun leaning against the wall on the floor. He sees me and smirks.

"What are you doing here?" I say as I roll my eyes at him and he stands up. He looks at me with a fake look of pain. 

"But, you just called me adorable! We even had an Eskimo kiss!" My eyes widen. What? He was the dog? Oh god, I'm stupid. His power, I totally forgot about it. I scoff at him.

"You're less annoying as a dog." I say as I scrunch up my nose. He chuckles and taps my nose.

"Whatever, you love me. See you guys in the throne room." He walks away in front of us. He stopped walking and almost fell face first if it wasn't for Kai who appeared next to him and caught him. The others ran past me to get to his side as I just stood there with my eyes widened. 

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked as he helped Kai make him stand straight. Jonghyun put a hand on his forehead and shook his head multiple times to drive away the dizziness. He nodded and said something that caused Luhan to give me a look. Soon, all of them were looking at me except Jonghyun who had his back to me. 

"What?" I said, my voice shaking more than I wanted it to. Suho came to me as the others turned their attention to Jonghyun. "What did Jonghyun say that made you guys look at me?" Suho furrowed his eyebrows.

"Jonghyun hyung asked if you were alright. We were all raised here in Olympus and one of the things that we were taught was to worry about ourselves first then others. Our health is more important than others. Hyung was here when Tao, Kai, and another named Sehun started training. Even though Hyung was older, he still trained with them and was taught the same things as we and they did. What he said isn't like how we were trained. We just found it weird." I nod as I understood what he was saying. Jonghyun shouldn't be worried about me or anyone before himself. But why was he?

"We need to hurry and get to the throne room before one of us faints." Chen said he looked back at us and lead the others forward with Jonghyun hanging onto Kai. I tilt my head to the side and start walking, Suho at my heels.

"What did Chen mean?" I ask. 

"Jonghyun isn't like us. Well, no one is actually but that's beside the point. He isn't a half-blood. So he'll start feeling weaker sooner than a normal half-blood. He doesn't have god blood in him, just a power. His power will slowly leave him until you help us. We, Chen, Luhan, Baekhyun, Kai, and myself and others, are a special case. We'll get into that later. But you could say who would be next to getting affected until you help, that'll be us. The sooner we get to the throne room, the sooner we can set a date when you will save us and the sooner we can get training over with." I nod again. 

"That isn't too much in one moment is it?" Suho asked. I shook my head.

"Nah, I learned the whole history of my dad and who I am in less than 10 minutes. This is nothing." I said with a smirk and Suho cracked a smile. He pointed in front of us to a huge door and turned to me.

"That's the throne room. Did Kai tell you anything about the gods?" I nod.

"He told me some things about them, why?" He nods and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Did he tell you how to act around them?" I shake my head. He sighs. "Of course he would forget. Anyways, the gods like to act superior all the time. No matter what. So don't talk back, don't speak unless they tell you to or they speak to you first. You address them as "my lady" or "my lord". And never, ever, laugh at them unless they laugh first. Do you understand?" I blink a few times then nod.

"Yes sir." He slumped a little and gave me a smile. The others in front of us stopped walking and were waiting for us. Baekhyun gave me an eye smile as he went to stand next to Chen. Jonghyun turned around and gave me smile. He was now standing without any help and came to my side. "You know, you should worry about yourself first then others." 

He shrugged while giving me a pout, "I can't worry about myself when someone I care about might be hurt." Why is he being cheesy? And towards me? "Anyways, are you ready to meet the gods? It can be get pretty intense in there at times, believe me. But don't worry; I'll be next to you the whole time." I stare at him about to say something but Suho starts talking.

"Okay, time to go in. Ready? Key, are you ready?" I sigh and nod.

"As ready as I'll ever be. Let's go in."

 

 

 

*A/N: Hello summer!! Are you all excited?? Because I'm not. I have no plans for the summer and will probably just spend it sitting at my computer, crying about people who are perfect. Like SHINee. Good news though, I passed all of my finals and can't wait for school to start! New school, new people, new me. Please subscribe if you haven't already and please comment. 'Til next week or whenever I finish the next chapter. Annyeong~!*