010

And You Are?

"I...uh...." Coach Park said. I smirked and looked at Taemin who looked very calm. Coach folded his arms glared at Taemin, "If you're so good at archery, why don't you teach the class how to do it?" Thinking that Taemin wasn't going to reply, Coach stepped forward but then Taemin put his hand lightly on his shoulder.

"All you had to do was ask, Coach." He patted his shoulder and started talking to us, "Now, many of you have probably seen archery being done on TV or in real life. It looks easy doesn't it? Well, it isn't. It took me about two years to be able to do that," He pointed behind him to the target and the arrow, right in the center, "and I stared when I was 5. My, uh... guardian at that time of taught me. My guardian told me this the first time I ever held a bow, "Archery is more than a sport. It's a way of life. And just as life, it is not always fair." And I will always remember these words. Because they’re true, if you really think about it. I have been doing this for almost 11 years, and yet there are still things that I have to improve of. On that note, who wants to try shooting?"

I looked to see about five of the guys raise their hands. Then, I felt someone grab my wrist. I look at my wrist then look up to see who it is. Taemin smiles at me, "How about you Hyung?" Before I even opened my mouth to speak I get pulled to the spot where Taemin once stood while shooting. 

"Uh Tae, I have never done this before." I hissed as he picked up the bow and handed it to me. 

"There's a first time for everything, Hyung~" He said in a sing-song voice. 

After many complaints from me and encouraging words from Taemin, I finally held the bow in the right position and anchored the bow so that I can shot it. 

"Now, take your time Hyung. Just try to actually make it on the target," I rolled my eyes and aimed at the target. I aimed at the middle but when I let the bow go, it hit the first outer circle. I pouted and looked at Taemin. He nodded as if thinking then smiled at me.

"Not bad for your first time. Just practice on aiming. There are more arrows over there," He pointed to a bucket filled with arrows that was about 20 feet away from us. I nodded," if you want to practice more. I'll go and teach Mir. It seems like he really wants to do this." he muttered the last part. I sighed and walked down the line of my classmates to get to the arrows. 

As I walked down the row, I noticed something. Jonghyun isn't here. I mean, not that I care or anything but he was with us when we walked to class after lunch. Weird. I shrugged it off and grabbed an arrow. I examined it and walked back to where I was before. To my left were Taemin and a very excited Mir who was jumping a little while Taemin explained him how to hold the bow. I took a slow breath and recalled what I'm sure Taemin is explaining to Mir right now. 

Stand with your legs shoulder length apart. And be comfortable. You don't want to be tense when you're shooting. Turn so that your body is diagonal to your target. Left foot is turned to your target at about 40 degrees while your right is straight forward. Grab the grip of the bow with your left hand. Take the arrow with your right hand and bring it over the bow. Then place it under the white thing on the string until it clicks. Grab the string with three fingers and bring the bow up so that it is at eye-level. Take a deep breath and pull the string back so that your middle finger touches the corner of your lips. When you are ready to fire, take another deep breath and let go of the string. And after that, you know how to shoot. 

I repeated everything he told me. Every step, too. I brought the string back and took a deep breath. I let go of the string and watched the arrow fly through the air and land next to the other arrow I shot. Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain on my left arm. I dropped the bow and grabbed my arm with my hand. 

"Holy mother of god!" I yelled as I fell to my knees. I hissed in pain as I saw a big red mark on my arm. 

Remember, when you hold the bow up, make sure your arm isn't straight. Make it bend a little. If your arm is straight, the bow string will slap against your arm. And trust me; it will hurt like hell if it slaps you. 

Looks like I forgot that step. Someone put their hand on my back and knelt beside me. 

"Key! Are you okay? Did it hurt?" It was Jonghyun. Part of me was annoyed that he was by my side and kneeling so close to me while the other part was happy that he was here. I glared at him.

"No, it felt like unicorns and rainbows," I snapped at him. He shrugged and replied.

"Really? It looked like it hurt a lot." Honestly, you see me hissing in pain and yet you still ask 'Did it hurt'? "No but seriously. It looked like it hurt. Let me see." He reached for my arm and examined it. "Hmm, let's go call Taemin." He got up and walked over to where Taemin was watching Mir shoot. I groaned as I touched my arm. 

"Didn't you hear what I said about keeping your arm bent, Hyung?" Taemin said softly as he knelt beside me and grabbed my arm. I shyly smiled at him. 

"Yeah I did. I just, uh, forgot when I was shooting..." Taemin shook his head in disbelief and opened his mouth to say something but got interrupted by a scream. We looked to see where the scream came from. My jaw dropped. 

Jonghyun was lying on the ground while Mir was standing over him, ready to shoot him with an arrow. Taemin's eyes widened and got up. He ran to Mir and slapped the bow out of his hands. I got up and followed Taemin. 

"Oh no. Oh no no no no. It started," Taemin muttered as he pulled Mir aside. I looked down at Jonghyun. He was gasping for air. I knelt down next to him. 

"J-jonghyun. Are you okay?" I asked, looking at him closely I will admit that he is pretty handsome. The way his big eyes make him look like a puppy is adorable. Something grasped my hurt arm hard and pulled me out of thought. And also made me whimper like a puppy. It was Jonghyun who was holding me. 

"K-key," He whispered, barely loud enough for me to hear. I leaned in to hear his next words that shocked me.

"Kibum. You have to help me. Without you, I'll die. We all will. Please, help us."

 

 

*A/N: Okay. I'm starting to break my promise of updating every Friday. So how about we change that and make me update sometime between Friday-Sunday? Because that is when I keep updating. Mianhae (/.\) I'm a horrible author. Anywho. What is happening to Mir and Jonghyun? I know Mir is a minor character but he does play a big role in this story. But later on. As for Jonghyun, well, you'll find out soon. You see that part where Key got slapped with the bow string and his little convo with Jonghyun? Yeah well, that exact same thing happened to me on Thursday. Even the convo which happened between me and my crush in Archery club. (/.\) He can be very clueless sometimes but he is very adorable. But, sshhh, don't tell him I said that, ne? And I still have the bruise from the bow to prove it. Okay, that was my author's note for this chapter. Comment and subscribe if you already haven't please. And I will see you all sometime next weekend. Annyeong~!*