024

And You Are?

The guy paced around for a while thinking then stopped walking and looked at Zeus and Hera sit in their thrones. He had an attractive face with black hair that fell down above his eyebrows. I'm almost sure that if he put a wig and a dress on, he could totally pass as being a girl. He nodded at Zeus and walked over to Minho, Jonghyun, and I. He looked at me from the corner of his eyes. "Hey kid, try not to be nervous. I'm Heechul by the way." He cleared his throat and gave the gods a friendly smile. 

"Alright then. As you all know, our end could be near and it's all thanks to this kid," he said as he pointed to me, smiled more, and walked away. Jonghyun slowly left from being behind me to taking Heechul's spot. "He has been "gifted" with getting the powers of the four elements: fire, earth, air, and water. That hasn't happened in such a long time that I'm sure all of you have forgotten how it all works." He continued pacing around while using a lot of small hand gestures as the gods nodding in agreement. "What this means is that the kid must give up half of his powers to bring back the balance. If he doesn't, the world of the gods and Olympus will peril." He looked at me again then looked at Zeus who was watching him with interest. Zeus nodded and Heechul made his way over to stand next to his throne as the other guys did. 

"Thanks Heechul," Zeus said as Heechul passed by him. He has a very soft voice, almost like an angel's. His bronze colored hair didn't move an inch as he stood up rapidly and smiled at the gods, making a small dimple appear on the right side of his face. "First, I would like to welcome you all back to Olympus. So, welcome back." the other gods nodded and smiled, "Next, I want to formally welcome our three guests. Choi Minho, son of Hephaestus. Kim Jonghyun, patronized by Artemis and Apollo," I felt Jonghyun tense beside me at the name of Apollo,” And Kim Kibum, son of Kronos and patronized by Apollo." My dad's Kronos? Who's that? 

The three of us bowed to Zeus and to each of the other gods. Zeus smiled at us then looked at me and spoke. "Now, you haven't met me before while the other two have so I have to formally introduce myself. I am Zeus, god of the skies, but please call me Leeteuk." 

I nodded and remembered what Suho told me, "Yes my lord." Leeteuk chuckled

"Who taught you that?" I raised my eyebrows and hesitated to answer him. 

"Uh, Suho did, my lord." I looked for Suho and he sat in front of a guy sitting in a throne with seaweed decorated around it and a triton next to it. Poseidon maybe? Leeteuk chuckled more and looked at Suho. 

"Of course he did." Suho smiled and Leeteuk turned his attention the other gods, "Back to our problem, this already happened before and it worked out perfectly well. We all hoped this wouldn't happen again but it did. To have a mere half-blood hold that much power is very dangerous so he will be staying here in Olympus until he is trained and knows how to work his powers well enough to defend himself correctly." Onew hyung stood up this time and started talking. 

"It could take Kibum a while to actually learn to control his powers. With one power, it takes about 1 or 2 months. He has four. Almost a year, we don't have that long for him to save us." Onew hyung looked at me then at Jonghyun with a worried look, "Jonghyun is already being effect by it and so is Minho. Our children are already feeling weak. Jonghyun even more since he has no god blood in him and I'm sure our guardians are next in line to start feeling weak. We should get him training as soon as possible and make it quick. This morning was his first training session and he should continue after this so he can be ready fast enough." Leeteuk nodded in deep thought when one goddess sitting next to Victoria stood up. Her white and red silky dress flowed around her as she stood and looked at Onew hyung.

"Look, I understand we need this to happen as soon as possible but we are going to train Kibum to death if he trains 24/7. Even if today was his first day, and knowing Kai, I'm sure he's tired." I looked at Kai who was leaning against her throne with a smirk, "If we were, so to say, have the due date in about 2 months, it could gave each of his trainers maximum 2 weeks to train him as best as he can. That would be a good time period but it could also cause some damage on our guardians. Especially the last one to teach him." she took a deep breath and looked at me, "That's the best plan my children and guardian could think of. All of them ended up with almost all of the guardians dying. Sometimes even the best strategies have a flaw in them." She said that with such a sad look on her face. 

"That's Athena, by the way, goddess of wisdom and strategies. Her real name is Taeyeon." Minho whispered to me. I nodded. The one that I think is Poseidon stood up this time.

"Wait, why can't we, the gods, teach him? Suho and I both control water, can't we like switch off? Same goes for the others." Some of the gods nodded but Hera shook her head. 

"No, this gives the guardians more practice with their own powers and knowledge for the future. And besides, I'm sure Kibum would rather have someone young teach him than a 3,000 year old god who only hangs out with his guardian and children." Poseidon set his jaw and sat down as some of the other gods tried to hide their laughter. 

"Hold on, isn't there another option?" A god with a light, brown colored hair wearing shoes with wings stood up, causing one guy to jump from his sudden outburst. Leeteuk nodded.

"There is another option, but we are not going to discuss that with Kibum here." Leeteuk said to the winged shoe guy who eyes widened.

"You don't mean...." Leeteuk nodded slowly and suddenly every god starts talking at once.

"We will not go to that extreme!"

"He's going to give up his half of his powers, I'm sure that's more painful."

"Can I get more wine please?"

"Taeyeon, you out of everyone know we can't go with the other option." 

I looked at Minho and Jonghyun who seemed to be okay with this. I turned to Minho. "Who is the guy with the winged shoes?" He looks down at me and gives me a small smile. 

"That is Jinyoung. He's Hermes, messenger of the gods and god of travel, thieves, and literature. If anything, he's one of the sanest gods out of all of them."

A voice spoke louder than the rest, "Thanks for the praise, Minho!" Minho giggled.

"And he's also one of the nicest." I look at Jonghyun who only has his eyes on the arguing gods. 

"So, when do they stop?" Jonghyun shrugged and looked at me, "I want to know what this "second option" is." Jonghyun chuckled and patted my shoulder.

"I'll get their attention." I looked at him, confused. He closed his eyes and started to make small roaring noises from the back of his throat. Black smoke came from nowhere and surrounded him until it swallowed him. Minho grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me back against him. 

"Might want to stand back," He whispered in my ear to me. I nod and see that in the spot Jonghyun stood was now a lion. He took a step back and roared so loud that Minho and I had to cover our ears. The gods immediately stopped talking and looked at the lion. They all went back to their throne and sat down. Jonghyun the lion looked at me and nodded once for me to speak. I clearly my throat, stepped forward, and bowed.

"I'm sure my situation is very inconvenient for all you. But if you all don't mind me asking, what is the second option that you keep talking about? And doesn't I mean I have a choice on what to do since this is really my decision to do?" I looked at all of them but they all refused to look my in the eyes. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Jonghyun the lion lie down with its eyes closed before the black smoke swallowed him again then leave, leaving Jonghyun as a human. Finally, I meet Victoria's eyes.

She sighed with a frown before she leaned a little towards me and petted one of the wolves that were at her side, "Key, the second option is killing you."

 

 

 

*A/N: Happy late 4th to my American readers~! So, I would have updated this yesterday because I was in the writting mood and felt incredible that my writer's block has almost gone away but my family appearently had plans on going to The Strip and watching the fireworks there so I had to stop writting and go with them. But here it is. Is it confusing for anyone? If it is, please comment on what you are having trouble understanding. Also, lame self promoting, if you would like to follow me on Tumblr and have to deal with my fangirling every day, here it is. (please excuse the lame url. OTL it was worse before, trust me) I do indeed follow back. If I don't, I allow you to scold me for not doing so. Please subscribe if you haven't already and please comment. Annyeong~!*