It begins

Fate

 

Sooyeon and Kamin crept across the silent hallways stealthily, keeping an eye on their surroundings. They had made their way up to the forth floor safely and without being caught. Now, they had to find the room in the furthest corner of the cruise that housed the crystal. They cannot be stopped now. The crystal is of top priority and they cannot lose this chance. After all, if they do, they may not only lose this chance, but their lives as well if those two mysterious spies come again.
 
"The room is located just there. There are no surveillance cameras there so we are safe." Sooyeon said, her voice muffled against her mask pulled across her face. 
 
Kamin nodded silently and she prepared to advance towards the room when her sensitive ears picked up a nearly inaudible sound of something dropping. She whipped her head around. With a steady whisper, she said into Sooyeon's ear.
 
"Caught. You use the staircase on the left and I will use the other. Distract them but meet me at the room at this level again." She referred to taking the staircases just at the two ends of the hallways. Sooyeon nodded and with that, they bolted to their each respective staircase. This was a distraction for the two spies who were silently hiding behind the wall, keeping an eye on the two females since the very start. 
 
"Lets go." Baekhyun nodded and with the simple phrase, each of them bolted towards the different directions the two thieves had ran to. Kai immediately sprinted towards the left and pushed open the door to find a black figure running down the stairs with lightning speed. 
 
"Stop right there!" Kai hollered as he gave chase. The thief did not even turn but picked up her pace as she pushed open the door leading to the third floor of the cruise. He ran down the stairs as quickly as he could but when he reached the third floor, she was gone. He looked around with sharp eyes but nothing. Where could she be? My god, this is the third floor. Did she go into any rooms? He took a long, hard look at room 339. I will protect you, Sooyeon. I wouldn't let anyone hurt you. He resisted the urge to knock on her door to see if she was alright but since he did not hear a single sound, he quickly ran across the hallway to search for that thief. Little did he know that his beloved Sooyeon was just right behind that door of room 339, hiding from the spy that had been pursuing her.
 
On the other hand, Baekhyun had sped after the other female and soon shortened the distance between them. She climbed up the staircase quickly, running in a blur up the stairs and disappearing through the door leading to the sixth floor of the cruise. Baekhyun huffed as he ran up the stairs quickly. He was not going to let her out of his sight again. Not this time. He burst through the door leading to the sixth floor and was just in time to see the elevator's door close. He looked to see the elevator going up to the seventh floor. He immediately ran up the stairs, determined to catch that thief. Little did he know that she had tricked him and had long ran down the stairs back to the forth floor, heading straight towards the room holding the crystal.
 
Kamin hustled down the stairs, going back to the forth floor, glad she had gotten the spy off her tail. She walked briskly to the rough location where the crystal should be hidden but she couldn't find it. It should be here somewhere... She placed her hand on the wooden table which had a antique vase resting on the polished surface, searching for any possible hidden door. She accidentally shifted the vase and as it turned, the door behind the table shifted. Kamin's eyes lit up and she quickly turned the vase and slipped through the gap. Finding herself in another nearly identical hallway, she walked slowly towards the middle where a door was. 
 
With a thumping heart, she turned the doorknob but it was locked. Sighing, she unfastened a hairpin and used it to unlock the door. She turned it again, this time succeeding.  She gasped as she found the crystal in the middle of the room, its light bouncing off the walls of the room. Her eyes lit up with excitement as she plucked the crystal out, admiring its facets which emanated its own dreamy purple glow. I have it. I have succeeded. Finally, the crystal of dreams is with me. 
 
 
But just as she was going to put the crystal into her opaque bag, a hand knocked the crystal out of hers. She looked to find the spy standing right in front of her. Before she could even react, he hurled the crystal to the other side of the room, away from her grasp. She lunged forward but Baekhyun sent her back with a blow to her stomach. Kamin clutched her stomach as she struggled to keep her balance. She walked carefully, gazing at her enemy who walked as well, following her every move. Kamin narrowed her eyes at the crystal at the corner. This dude is not going to let me off so hand-to-hand combat, it is.  
 
She threw a punch at him hoping to inflict some injuries to get some time to retrieve the crystal. He dodged easily and grabbed her arm, pinning her to the floor.
 
"Surrender now." His voice was muffled against his mask. She did not reply but squirmed under his grasp. Finally, with all her strength, she flipped him over and got back onto her feet. She grabbed the crystal that lay in the corner, then stuffing it into the bag.Her plan was almost going to succeed but her escape plan failed as he grabbed her by the back of her mask, pulling it back. 
 
She gasped as she felt the pins loosening. With the bag in one hand, she tossed it just beside her. Fastening the mask back, she began fighting tooth and nail with the spy that was relentless in each of his movements. 
 
She whipped around and sent him a flying kick but he absorbed the blow and pulled her back. She tried many ways to beat him down but he was strong and refused to back down. He fought back equally hard. Kamin slowly shifted back to grab the crystal. This could not go on forever. She had to make her escape first or this guy would kill her. She knew he was stronger than her physically. 
 
Just as her fingers brushed against the black fabric of the opaque bag, he pinned her down on the floor with all his might. She struggled but to no avail. She clutched the bag close to her as he bent down to meet her eyes. 
 
"Surrender now. I am to bring you back and prevent you from doing more harm." He spoke harshly and with a pull, he pulled off the mask of the thief. 
 
"You-" Baekhyun stopped in mid-sentence as he found himself face to face with the love of his life. His eyes widened as he saw her staring back at him. 
 
"Kamin..." Baekhyun stuttered as he pulled off his own mask, releasing his strong hold on her. Her eyes widened as well which was soon b with tears. 
 
"Baekhyun..." Kamin started as she looked into his eyes filled with disbelief.
 
"You are the thief? The one that I vowed to catch? The one I was assigned by my boss to capture?" Baekhyun backed away slowly, shaking his head. He dropped both their masks onto the ground.
 
Kamin clutched at his sleeve but he moved away. "The thief who wants to get the crystal of dreams is...you? Kamin? The one that I fell in love with? The one that I wanted to be with forever? This cannot be happening to me." Baekhyun shook his head, repeating the last sentence in a litany.