Haunted part 2(continued)

Fate

 

She shifted uneasily outside the door of the second part of the haunted house. It was now walking around and this was a greater challenge to her poor frightened soul. A cool gust of wind blew, startling her. She looked around again, in search for the familiar tousled brown hair but to no avail. He really left,a small part of her mind spoke softly. She ignored that thought and rubbed her cold hands against each other. Bravely, she took a few timid steps forward and the door swung open. 
 
The whole place was dark, except for flashes of lights that lit up the place, casting it in a frightening glow every few seconds. Kamin peered around, her heart leaping as she found a seemingly-familiar figure standing close. 
 
"Baekhyun? Is that you?" She put a hand on his shoulder and he turned. A horrifying scream emanated from her lips as a disfigured zombie turned around, grinning. Its teeth were crooked and stained yellow while its face had burns and was shriveled like a raisin. "Ello." The zombie smiled freakily, stretching a hand towards her. Kamin ran away, frightened. I shouldn't have let him go. She silently scolded herself for acting strong. She couldn't do this alone. She knew it from the very start that she needed him by her side.
 
Kamin ran as fast as her legs could carry her, her eyes searching frantically for an exit sign, only to have her catching the glimpse of a seemingly ravished vampire heading towards her.It staggered towards her, its fangs showing and its bloodshot eyes bore into hers. "Blood... I need blood..." It reached out with its blood-stained hands. Kamin shook her head violently, crouching down as she tried to make her way around the hungry vampire. Gosh, why are all these haunted houses so scary? She muttered to herself.
 
The flashes of light continued, bathing the place in a spooky atmosphere. It reminded Kamin of lightning and thunder. No...she shook off that thought as she crawled around, coming face to face with a girl. The girl was all skin and bones and she had an arrow through her head. "Help me..." The girl shrieked as tears ran down her face, only that her tears were blood red. Kamin shrieked, terrified as she stood up hurriedly, dusting off anything that could be on her and ran. 
 
It suddenly became quiet as Kamin entered another room. A shudder ran down her spine as she glanced to her right and left. Somber portraits of faces stared back behind layers of settled dust, seeming to penetrate deep into her soul. Kamin stepped a little closer to take a look at the portraits. One particular one caught her eye; a small girl holding a teddy bear stared back at her with pitiful eyes. It was almost a nice portrait except that it had a long scratch mark down the portrait. 
 
"Help," she heard a pitiful voice from behind. She whipped around but there was merely the empty hallway and the portraits that stared back. A shadow was cast on the cold ground and she whimpered. "Hello? Is there someone there?" She called, her voice bouncing off the stone walls. Her echoes reverberated around her. She gulped she ignored the urge to turn back again and walked on. 
 
This time, she entered a room bathed in a sickly green glow. Cauldrons were placed haphazardly and witches with their tall pointy hats stared grimly at her. She gave them a fleeting glance and walked hastily forward, trying to ignore their stares. Something brushed against her back and she jumped, looking around her. The witches cackled crazily as they stirred their bubbling cauldrons, drowning Kamin in a cacophony of voices.
 
Kamin shivered as the witches came closer, their black cloaks covering the floor. Kamin stumbled backwards, falling onto the hard stony ground. "Ouch,"she winced as her elbow scraped against the floor. She ignored the pain as she struggled to get up, only to be pushed back down by the witches. Their chartreuse faces stared at her as she huddled her feet close to her chest. "Fancy this pretty lady coming here. Shall we toss her into the cauldron alive or kill her first?" A witch cackled, her long fingernails brushing against Kamin's ashen cheeks. 
 
"Please stop..." Kamin tried to speak as the witches engaged in conversation among themselves. Kamin pressed her hands to her ears,trying to drain out the caterwaul. The witches fondled with her hair, chortling gleefully as Kamin tried to squirm her way through. "Please, get away." Tears threatened to spill from Kamin's eyes. She finally stood up and finally tore away from the clutches of the witches. She skedaddled away with her hands covering her face. She could no longer take any sight of spooky things. Never ever again. 
 
 "Ahh!" She wailed as she bumped into something warm. "Go away." She flung her hands around, trying to escape from its hands that surrounded her. It gently pried open her fingers. "Kamin ah, it's me." A gentle voice spoke. 
 
Kamin peeked through her fingers, she gasped and finally broke out in tears as she flung her hands around his neck, sobbing. "Byun Baekhyun, how could you leave me like that?" 
 
"I didn't. I was with you all this while." 
 
"Mwoh?" Kamin looked up, dazed.
Baekhyun smiled down at her, gently brushing away her tears.
 
"I never left you, Kamin ssi."