You are timeless to me

Fate

 

Kai could not find the thief, no matter how hard he looked. He was frustrated. His hand unconsciously moved to his gun which rested against his belt. She must have misled me. She's at the secret room already. He sped down to the forth floor, ready to catch the thief before she managed to steal the crystal. 
 
Sooyeon climbed out of the window, climbing against the smooth walls of the cruise and leapt gracefully back into the window of the forth floor. She landed lightly on her feet and ran towards the secret room, unaware that the spy had already found his way through the secret door. 
_____
 
Baekhyun glanced at Kamin and then at the bag she was clutching with those hands he had enjoyed holding, yet those hands had also sent him heavy punches. 
 
Baekhyun simply stared at Kamin with eyes filled with indescribable emotion. 
 
"I should have told you my identity but I was afraid. If I told you my identity, would you not love me anymore and leave me behind? Or worse, turn me in to the police? I am scared." Kamin struggled to keep her voice calm. She squeezed her eyes shut and when she opened them again, she was crying. 
 
"I am sorry, Baekhyun. I know... I know this is hard to accept but I am a thief. I steal things, valuable things and I am stealing this crystal of dreams." 
 
"And this is alright? How could you steal the crystal? It is priceless." Baekhyun asked, raising his voice a little, though his heart hurt more about the fact he had to capture his girlfriend. 
 
"I am sorry," Kamin repeated through her sobs,"after today, you may never see me because I would have to run. With Sooyeon. Away from here. This is the simple life of a thief. But Baekhyun," Kamin walked backwards, heading to the door. She crossed the threshold with her black shoes silently. 
 
"But Baekhyun, I assure you that I had never ever cheated your feelings. All of what I had said were true. I-" Before Kamin could say those three words that she had hidden I her heart, she fell to the ground with a loud thud as a gunshot was heard, its bullet piercing through Kamin's abdomen. 
______
 Kai had snuck into the room and found his way into a staircase. It was hidden in yet another secret door and he assumed that this staircase would eventually lead him to the secret room. 
 
After following the staircase, he found himself standing in front of yet another door. He pushed it open and he peeked his head out. It was a long hallway that stretched from one end to the other. 
 
There was only one room that stood in the middle of the hallway, its door open. Kai could hear some commotion going on. He faintly heard Baekhyun's snarl as punches and kicks were exchanged.
 
" Surrender now. I am to bring you back and prevent you from doing more harm." He heard Baekhyun announce. He must have caught the thief. Kai heaved a sigh of relief. Mr Choi would not punish us anymore and Sooyeon is safe. Finally.
 
Then it was silent and Kai could only hear murmurs and whispers that he could not hear properly. He crouched down just behind the door, listening intently. He fidgeted in his place as he heard footsteps. A girl, dressed in black from head to toe stepped out of the room, an opaque bag in her hands. Though Kai could not see her face, he was sure she was the thief. She was looking at something in the room with some emotion Kai could not really decipher from his position. Baekhyun
 
Kai heard Baekhyun say," how could you steal the crystal?"  He clutched his gun, holding it with steady hands. No, I can't let the thief get away. Not this time. I have to protect Sooyeon, I have to
 
Kai shut one eye to focus on his target, aiming for the thief. Steadying his hand, he pulled the trigger and the bullet cut through the air and into the thief's lower abdomen. The thief gasped as she fell to the floor with a loud thud. A pool of blood soon formed, staining the floor a scarlet red as the woman lay deadly silent on the ground. 
 
But what ensued after that made Kai gasp as he found his best friend screaming out the name of his lover. 
_____
 
"Kamin!" Baekhyun screamed in anguish as he saw her fall to the floor. On all fours, he scrambled over to her side. He propped her head up onto his thigh. He took out the crystal from the bag and he scrunched up the bag into a ball, pressing it against the wound to staunch the flow of blood.
 
"Can you hear me, Kamin?" Baekhyun whispered as he struggled to fight back tears. Kamin nodded ever so slightly as her hand shifted over the wound that the bullet had caused. 
 
She lifted her bloodied hand up, her face going pale with shock as she looked at the scarlet red blood on her fingers. She breathed in deeply as she struggled to form a smile.
 
"Baekhyun," she spoke ever so softly,"I guess I would not be having nightmares anymore." Baekhyun looked at her and everything seemed to make sense. The crystal of dreams was used to cure anyone of their nightmares and Kamin anged it for that purpose. Baekhyun clutched her hand tightly, not caring if it was stained a bright red. 
 
"I am sorry, Kamin. I..." Baekhyun started though Kamin placed a trembling finger on his lips. 
 
She shook her head,"no... I am sorry." She emphasized on the 'I',"lovers should never have secrets between them and I am sorry to have kept my identity from you." 
 
Baekhyun pressed a kiss on her forehead. "We are even then." He struggled to make a joke, trying to lighten the atmosphere.
 
Kamin smiled,"yes, we are." Baekhyun helped her up and she shifted to a comfortable position where she lay against his chest. Baekhyun bit his lip to stop his tears from flowing as he looked at his girlfriend. She was having difficulties breathing and Baekhyun bet she knew that she had not long to live. Yet, she was still talking and smiling. He cradled her in his arms, holding her hand tightly.
 
"Baekhyun?" Kamin breathed.
 
"Yeah?" Baekhyun replied. 
 
"Can you sing me a song?" She asked,"I am afraid I would not be able to hear your voice  ever again."
 
His heart ached as she said it. But he managed a small smile.
 
"As you wish, princess." Baekhyun croaked. He cleared his throat and shut his eyes before he started singing softly. 
 
"you’re a darling
you’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
the shining thing deep inside my heart
my own love light
 
i love you darling
give me light next to me whenever
every night i look at you
and you’re beautiful even when i look at you
you’re my love light
 
when i see you i feel like I'm up on the clouds
it may be immature but i keep doing this
i think love came to me." 
 
Soon, his tears began falling, dripping down onto Kamin. Kamin turned to meet his gaze. She extended a hand, placing it on his cheek.
 
"Don't cry, Baekhyun. Even if..." A renegade tear of hers rolled down her cheek,"even if I am gone, don't be sad because I want you to be happy and live well. Baekhyun, the days I spent with you on this cruise has been magical. Have I ever told you that?" Kamin paused as she struggled to catch her breath. She knew she was dying. The bullet had punctured through her abdomen and affected her lungs. Soon enough, she would be out of breath. 
 
"Don't speak if you can't, Kamin." Baekhyun brushed away her tear with his thumb. 
 
Kamin shook her head and continued. "I want you to know how I feel. When I am with you, I feel like I am on cloud nine. My heart starts beating faster, my cheeks seems to get warmer and I feel light on my feet. I never once thought I could fall in love or that anyone could really fall in love with the real me. But I did, because of you." 
 
Baekhyun let his tears flow freely as he hugged Kamin gently towards him. He kissed her on the lips before he pulled back, his eyes red and puffy. 
 
"Don't say this. You are going to be alright, I promise you." Baekhyun begged. 
 
Kamin shook her head," Just promise me one thing."
 
"What is it, love?" Baekhyun held kamin in his arms. His jacket had long been stained a dark red.
 
"Promise me that you will continue to live after today. Be happy and if it helps, forget me and-" 
 
Baekhyun put a finger on her lips, shaking his head. 
 
"Kamin, don't you ever say that." He said fiercely,"I can never forget you. Never. How can I forget someone who I love so deeply? How can I forget such a beautiful girl who stole not only the crystal, but also stole my heart?" Baekhyun said sadly as he looked into her eyes. 
 
Kamin's tears trickled down her cheek, mixing with the crimson blood on her shirt and floor. "I will never forget you too." She gasped for breath after the sentence. She had little time left. 
 
-------
hey there:) I made a slight change to the story about the bullet passing through the abdomen. It did pass through the abdomen and also pierced through the lungs so that's why Kamin would have difficulty breathing.