Flashback

Fate

 

 
"Eomma!" The girl whispered, her hands trembling terribly as she clapped them over to prevent the intruder from being cognizant of her presence.
 
Her mother, a beautiful lady,now laid on the floor, writhing in pain as he plunged the sharp dagger into her abdomen without any mercy. Her eyes rolled back and blood slowly drained from her face.
 
Thunder clapped in the distance,startling the girl and streaks of lightning were visible through the small gap the little girl saw through. The light from the lightning flashed, bathing the now dim-lit room in a scary, menacing glow. The little girl, eyes widened,could only take in what was occurring before her very eyes. 
 
Her father ran forward, punching the intruder though he was returned with a far more powerful punch, then a kick which sent him flying across the room. It was evident that he was weaker.
 
"Appa!" the girl screamed loud, her voice drowned by the booming thunder. Her vision blurred as tears welled up in my eyes. She pushed open the cupboard door,caring no more as she ran towards him. 
 
"Appa..." she whispered as she took his hand. 
 
" Kamin, you must leave now. Remember that Appa and Eomma loves you. We didn't want this to happen. " He breathed as he struggled to stand up, failing in his attempt.
 
"Leave him alone!" she wailed before she was taken roughly by her collar and pushed to the ground. 
 
"Leave her alone." Her father whispered, clutching his abdomen,"you don't have to kill her. Let her go." 
 
The intruder chuckled before driving the knife straight into her father's heart
 
"Run..." her father croaked as he lapsed into unconsciousness, never to awake again.
 
The little girl obeyed and ran. She ran as fast as her little legs could carry her, out into the pouring rain. The sky was now overcast with gloomy grey clouds.Cold, cruel drops of rain hit her face relentlessly as she braved against the rain. Her only thought was to get away, far away. From him. From here. 
 
She finally collapsed onto a patch of wet grass as her legs grew tired from running,panting heavily. Rain continued to pour down onto her, alike a taunt, a mock that reminded her of the cursed fate that fell on her and her loved ones. Thunder boomed and lightning struck.Without a loved one, without a word of comfort, she cried alone in the rain. 
 
_________
 
Kamin sat up in bed, her forehead beaded with cold sweat. She sighed as she wiped off hot tears trickling down her face. 
 
I must have screamed, she thought as she saw a  bleary-eyed Sooyeon toddling towards her. Sooyeon was a heavy sleeper. She must have made too much noise to wake Sooyeon up.
 
"You okay?" Sooyeon asked, putting a comforting hand on Kamin's shoulder,"don't worry. It's just a nightmare. It's the past. You don't have to be afraid." Sooyeon murmured knowingly. 
 
Kamin nodded silently. It has been the nightmare that had haunted her for the past few days,months and years. Her parents' death had been the biggest blow to her, the most traumatizing experience to see her loved one being killed in front of her. Unable to get rid of the unwanted memory, Kamin would break out in cold sweat every night, reliving the past again.
 
Kamin feared the nights and feared the thunder and lightning even more as it was a constant reminder to her, even in the day.
 
 
She can't carry on like this. She needed the crystal, desperately.