Do your best

Fate

 

Two smart gentlemen sneaked into the room hidden cleverly among the crew cabins. They both wore serious faces as they entered the well-lit room which was rather spacious except for a glass table and a swiveling black chair. 
 
"Mr choi, we are here," the older one spoke softly, looking down as he bowed politely. The younger one followed suit, tugging at his tuxedo nervously. 
 
The chair swiveled to face them, a stern looking man turning to face them. He nodded as they sat down. 
 
"So, what brings you here?" Mr Choi spoke in his deep voice. 
 
"We are here to discuss with you the plans for the crystal of dreams. " Kai uttered, pressing his voice low. 
 
Mr choi nodded solemnly.
"Boys, please keep a lookout and stay alert. You never know when or who is going to attack and steal the crystal. The crystal has been with the dream cruise for years and only recently has the information been leaked out. As you boys know, many people have been searching for this crystal. The reason why I have brought you two here is to protect it and keep it safe in these 8 days. This cruise would be the very last cruise this ship is gonna have before the crystal of dreams is taken away and placed in another hiding spot. We were unable to cancel this cruise. After all, it would be too obvious if we suddenly do cancel it. "
 
The two gentlemen nodded back, their face serious yet charming. 
 
"So how should we protect it?"the older one asked, his lips turned into a frown as he listened intently.
 
"The first thing you two should do is to survey your surroundings and be familiar with this cruise ship. You two know the hiding spot so also look out for anyone suspicious loitering around that area. The next thing is to be on duty at night. After all, all crimes happen at night. You two shall continue your night duties until the last day of the cruise. You can patrol individually or in pairs. I don't think there's a very large area to cover. My only advice to you is to stay wary and do not, ever," mr choi stressed on the last word,"reveal your identities." 
 
"Our identities..." The younger one echoed unconsciously only to get the gentle and playful knock on the head from the older one. 
 
Mr choi rolled his eyes, before he continued," you two are spies and my most trusted ones, in fact. I know this is the first time you have to be stationed in a cruise with so many people and unknown suspects but I have trust in you that you two would be capable enough to defend and ensure the safety of the crystal." 
 
They nodded again. 
 
Mr Choi stretched in his chair, flexing his arm muscles."You boys better keep a lookout. You know how much the crystal is worth and you should know how I treat those people who can't obey my orders well and execute the plan." 
 
The younger one bit his lip as he wiped his sweaty palms on his trousers. Mr Choi was a good superior and gave rewards generously but when he got mad, he was a monster. A monster who would thrash you and knock you out, without mercy. 
 
"Don't worry, mr choi. We will do our best." the older one spoke.
 
Mr Choi nodded in approval and waved them out of the room.