Finding love

Fate

 

"I see the crowd is really hyped up now," Kevin shook his hand in disbelief. It was the first time the crowd had been so enthusiastic about this event in his years of hosting it. 
 
"Alright, the next round shall commence now." Kevin smiled," Round 2 will be as interesting as Round 1 and this round is going to test the chemistry between the couple. Round 2 is called 'Finding love'. This is a rather simple game that we are going to play. In each pair, the male will be blindfolded and he will have to pick out his partner among a few girls that we would randomly pick from the audience by feeling their hands." 
 
The audience cheered. Baekhyun took a deep breath. How many times have I even held Kamin's hand? Once? Twice? And the other genuine couples must have held hands every day...
 
"Alright. Let's start with Junhyung and Hara, then Kamin and Baekhyun and last but not least, haha and byul." Kevin announced. 
 
Junhyung got blindfolded and Kevin quickly got a few girls up on stage. Kamin found Sooyeon to be one of them. Junhyung walked forward hesitantly. He felt the hands of the first two girls and walked forward almost immediately. The crowd hushed. 
 
He felt Sooyeon's hands and Sooyeon felt herself flush. Junhyung cocked his head to a side, thinking. He finally walked to the last girl in the line, who was Hara. Hara willingly gave him her hand which he took though he traced his steps back to Sooyeon.
 
"She must be the one. She is Hara right? Her hands are really soft." Junhyung smiled dreamily. Taking off his blindfold, he came face to face with Sooyeon who blushed a bright red.
 
"Thanks for the compliment." Sooyeon giggled, much to Kai's displeasure.  
 
"Get down here, Sooyeon! You are mine." Kai shouted. Sooyeon stepped back and ran down the stage into Kai's open arms. 
 
Hara fumed. "You are ridiculous." She stormed off the stage. 
 
"Aish, Hara. Don't be like that." Junhyung ran after her, weaving through the crowd who simply stared, clearly amused.
 
Kevin cleared his throat,"alright. That did not go very well... " He stared at the couple who was bickering off stage. "Anyways, lets move on to Kamin and Baekhyun. Baekhyun, please put on the blindfold and be sure to pick the right one." Kevin winked at Baekhyun who returned it with a weak smile. 
 
Kamin stood among three other girls on stage. Baekhyun slowly held the hands of the first girl. He thought for a while. Kamin's hands are small. This girl's hands are not hers.He walked on to the next girl and held her hands. The size is right but...her fingers are not as long as Kamin's.  He walked to the next girl. Kamin held her breath as Baekhyun made his way down the line. She looked at him holding the hands of other girls and she did not know why her heart ached when he held the hands of other girls.Could it be...? Baekhyun suddenly stood right in front of her. He lifted his hands up and Kamin held her breath as she raised her own hand. Baekhyun took her hand in his. Kamin felt a shot of electricity running through her as they touched. Oh gosh. Kamin gasped as he intertwined his slender fingers with hers. 
 
This feels right. This must be her. Baekhyun held her hand firmly.
 
Kamin felt dizzy as Baekhyun intertwined his fingers with hers. 
 
Baekhyun inhaled deeply," this is her. She's the one." 
 
"You sure?" Kevin spoke. 
 
Baekhyun nodded. 
 
"There's another girl beside the one you are holding hands with." Kevin said.
 
Baekhyun shook his head,"I am definite that the hands I am holding now is Kamin's. I bet my life on it." 
 
"Take off your blindfold, then." Kevin smiled. Baekhyun slipped off the blindfold and looked into the pair of familiar amygdaloid eyes. 
 
"Your life is safe now." Kamin blushed. Deep inside, she felt a sense of pride for some reason she can't exactly pinpoint. What was there to be proud of? That Baekhyun could find me through touching my hands? 
 
"Aww and this couple succeeds in this round." Kevin's voice boomed. The audience cheered. 
 
"Baekhyun, fighting!" Kai whooped from the audience. Baekhyun grinned. 
 
"Kamin ah," baekhyun whispered,leaning over to her," if you are lost, don't worry because I will find you no matter where you are." 
 
Kamin swallowed. The rest of round 2 passed in a blur as Baekhyun's words replayed in her head. I will find you no matter where you are.