Teenage dream

Fate

 

"Lets go, Kamin! It's only at the ship deck...please hurry!" Sooyeon wailed. Kai had called her just this morning to ask her to come right down to the ship deck at 1pm in the afternoon. The cruise was going to have a special event for couples and Kai was desperate for them to participate.
 
"Chill, Sooyeon. I will be done soon, give me another minute. It's only 12pm anyways." Kamin called from the bathroom. 
 
Sooyeon paced up and down, anxious. "Okay...but hurry! They still have to choose the couples to play... I want to be in front so they can choose me and Kai to go up. Come on, Kamin." The organizer had specifically said that the couples chosen would be at random and those who stood out would be chosen. Sooyeon, desperate to be chosen, had worn a diamond studded jacket,with a bright pink top and denim shorts. 
 
"Okay, I am out," Kamin stepped out of the bathroom, wearing a sky blue dress which fell to just above her knees. She topped it off with a cute straw hat with a little white rose embellishing it. 
 
"You sure you are not going to bring a jacket or anything? You are still a little sick, aren't you?" Sooyeon glanced over, hastily grabbing a white cardigan from the wardrobe.
 
"Nope. I feel great." Kamin beamed, adjusting her hat,"I am not sick anymore. Baekhyun did a great job nursing me back to health." Kamin chuckled to herself. Sooyeon simply bit back a smile. 
 
"Okay then! Let's go, Kai and Baekhyun oppa should be there already," Sooyeon chirped as she slung her mini sling bag over her shoulder,bouncing out of the door with Kamin beside her.
__________
 
"Aish, why isn't yeon-nie coming yet?" Kai whined, frowning as he looked at his Rolex watch  for the umpteenth time since they had reached the ship deck.
 
"Yeon-nie?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, amused.
 
"Sooyeon, I mean." Kai brushed off Baekhyun's stare as he scanned the crowd with keen eyes.
 
"I never knew you were so in love." 
 
"Didn't I tell you the whole thing last night?" Kai huffed.
 
"You just told me you and Sooyeon were officially a couple. Does that even equal to 'the whole thing'?" Baekhyun said.
 
"Okay, Hyung." Kai looked at Baekhyun,"we were out on the dance floor and...when I looked at sooyeon, I felt some sort of thrill that even rollercoasters don't give me. She just looked so pretty dancing and moving to the music and when our eyes met," Kai paused dramatically,"I knew she was the one. I took her by the hand and confessed to her." 
 
"Yes and she agreed right away, without any hesitation." Sooyeon's voice rang out as she emerged from the crowd. She held Kai's hand, lying her head onto his broad shoulder. "Annyeong, boyfriend." 
 
Kai smiled widely,"hello, girlfriend." He ruffled her hair lovingly. 
 
"Hey," Kamin stepped away from the couple as they engaged in some animated conversation to greet Baekhyun. 
 
"Hey, you seem better." Baekhyun greeted back, his face lit up with a warm smile.
 
"With much thanks to you." Kamin smiled. 
 
"Now you know why I have to be by your side." Baekhyun teased.
 
"To be my servant for life?" Kamin stuck out her tongue playfully, grinning.
 
Their lively chatter was interrupted by the loud crackle from the microphone. A jovial-looking lad, clad in casual clothing stepped onto the stage. 
 
"Hello everyone, I am Kevin and I hope I have gotten your attention because the next event that is going to unfold right before your eyes is the most popular event in our Dreamcruise. Presenting to you, the 'teenage dream'!" Kevin spread his hands out dramatically. The audience clapped politely.
 
"I see many of you teenagers are here today and its going to be so much fun with so many choices today. 'Teenage dream' is a couple game and we will be picking 3 couples from the audience. The couples shall now be picked. We will have a few of our staff going down to pick the couples whom they like." Kevin snapped his fingers and on cue, four people in black scurried down the stage and ran through the crowd, searching. 
 
"Sooyeon and Kai really wanna be in the game..." Kamin murmured to Baekhyun who nodded in agreement. The two looked at Kai and Sooyeon who were just in front of them. They were flailing their hands wildly, gesticulating to the staff members. 
 
"Come on up, you two." A staff member suddenly stopped in front of Kai and Sooyeon.
 
"Us?" Kai and Sooyeon both shouted in glee. The staff member simply smiled apologetically, shaking her head. 
 
"I meant those two." She pointed right at Kamin and Baekhyun.
 
Kamin stuttered,"but we..." 
 
"Come on up! We are all waiting for you. Oh yes and bring your boyfriend along. Come on." The staff member dragged her up the stage. Baekhyun simply shrugged, mouthing "let's go." 
 
A few moments later, Kamin and Baekhyun were standing on the stage with three other couples. Kamin silently nudged Baekhyun,"shouldn't we tell them we aren't actually a couple?" Before Baekhyun could reply, Kevin spoke into the microphone. 
 
"Now, we have three pairs of lovely couples here on stage. Let's start with each of them introducing themselves. One by one, please. Oh and say your name, age and one thing you like about your partner." Kevin turned to the first couple who was standing right next to him. 
 
Baekhyun nudged Kamin back, speaking through gritted teeth,"guess it's too late." The two had no choice but to remain on stage.