Couple to be

Fate

 

"And that thing just went upside down and then it swerved right and left and right and left again. You were shouting like crazy." Sooyeon laughed as she walked alongside with Kai, heading towards the burger shack. 
 
He slapped her arm playfully," what about you, huh? Screaming so loud that it hurt my eardrums..." His handsome face lit up just at the thought of the roller coaster. He always had a thing for roller coasters. They made him exhilarated and excited, it even made him high. It seemed to be the only thing that made his heart beat so much faster than its normal steady beat.  He had often joked with his best friend, Baekhyun that it was the only thing that could make him slightly nervous, dizzy and happy, just like a girlfriend. 
Speaking about Baekhyun, his thoughts flew to how Baekhyun and Kamin, a pretty lady that Baekhyun had set his eyes upon the very first day they met, was doing. 
 
"Omo." Sooyeon exclaimed as she pointed outside.
 
"What?" Kai looked out there. There was nothing much that they could see. His eyes scanned the surroundings before they rested upon a couple, who was walking amidst the rain under a black jacket that barely covered the both of them. 
 
"Isn't that..." Kai started as he squinted, hoping his eyes could catch a clearer glimpse of their faces. The boy had tousled brown hair which was now wet with little dew-like water droplets. His face had a genuine smile on it as he turned to face the girl. The girl walked silently beside him, her eyes looking down on the floor, as if afraid to fall. Occasionally, she would glance up at him and laugh as he said something. 
 
"Awwwww. Such a cute couple." A girl beside them squealed. "Junhyung ah, see? The guy is so sweet and caring towards her. Awwww." 
 
"Hara, I don't treat you badly okay?" The guy bent forward to take a closer look,"that guy sure is one good boyfriend." He murmured under his breath.
 
Kai laughed.They look just like a couple now. Byun Baekhyun, you are really the flirt. Hmmm. But he really did seem happy. My friend, you have really fallen in love. Kai smiled. 
 
Sooyeon tugged at his shirt,"isn't that a cute couple? They must really be in love. Awwww." 
 
Kai shot her an amused look,"they aren't a couple." 
 
"What? They are so close together and-"
 
"Look again." He pointed as the couple came closer.
 
"Yeah? They are-" Sooyeon started before her eyes widened in disbelief. "Oh my goodness. Isn't that Kamin and...Baekhyun oppa? Aigoo, my friend. Why... They are already together now? Unbelievable." Sooyeon started mumbling on, unable to process how and why they were together. Kamin ah, are you really in love? 
 
"What did you just call him?" Kai asked.
 
"Baekhyun oppa?" Sooyeon replied, batting her eyelashes.
 
"Hey. When were you so close to him? You don't even call me oppa."
 
"Well. He seemed nice." 
 
"Oh and I don't seem nice? After our wonderful trip to the roller coaster and you say I am not nice?" Kai pretended to be angry, crossing his arms across his chest. 
 
"Ehhhh. Kai! Don't be like that. Mmmm?" Sooyeon aegyoed. "Can't I just call you Kai? 
 
"No. I am older than you anyways." 
 
Kai turned away,"call me oppa." He grinned as he faced her,"now."
 
"Kai oppa, don't be angry with me okay? Oppa, oppa, oppa. Happy? Smile, smile!" Sooyeon grinned as she poked Kai's sides. 
 
Kai smiled widely,"good." 
 
Sooyeon simply returned him a saccharine smile, her eyes turning into two crescent-moon shaped. 
 
"Baekhyun ah, over here!"  Kai shouted over the rain, gesticulating wildly at the approaching figures as he spotted them. The boy's eyes narrowed to the source of the voice and lit up, a smile spreading on his boyish face as he made his way there, with the girl just beside him.
 
"Kamin!" Sooyeon called as Kamin ran into the burger shack. "You are drenched so badly. Are you okay? You didn't catch a cold or anything, did you?" Sooyeon ran her hands into her long hair. "You look really cold." Sooyeon continued fussing over her friend.
 
On the other side,  Kai slung an arm around Baekhyun's rather wet shoulder." I see someone has already gotten the girl, huh?" He smirked. Baekhyun smiled weakly, "not exactly. But we managed to get so much closer." He closed his eyes, a smile playing on his lips as he reminisced their moment alone in the Ferris wheel cabin. 
 
"Hey, you lover boy. Snap out of it. You look like you have been shot by cupid's arrow and I really think you are." Kai nudged Baekhyun, breaking his train of thoughts.
 
"Neh." Baekhyun simply replied. I really think my heart has been shot by cupid's arrow. 
 
 
"Hey boys. Shall we go grab a bite? And might as well let Kamin go wash up. Baekhyun too. You guys can go together." Sooyeon laughed.
 
"Yeah and continue to have some quality time together." Kai grinned, high-fiving Sooyeon. 
 
Kamin and Baekhyun rolled their eyes simultaneously. "Guys!" They exclaimed together, before shooting each other a glance. 
 
"Gotcha." Kai grinned,"lets go!" He pulled Baekhyun and Kamin to the front, "go on. Go freshen up and we will wait in the burger shack for you guys." 
 
"Yeah. Lets go to the burger shack, Kai. I mean," Sooyeon started before Kai gave her a look," I mean Kai oppa." 
 
"Uh huh. It seems like it isn't just the two of us who so-called 'got closer'." Kamin folded her arms across her chest, brushing away wet strands of hair, smirking at the two younger ones.
 
"Kai oppa and I? Oh well.  We have already been on good terms. Not like some people who suddenly became so romantic and walk under the rain." Sooyeon smiled as she put a hand on Kai's shoulder. "Kai oppa and I are good friends. But you two," she pointed at the two wet ones,"you guys. Are different." 
 
"Okay okay. Enough with the talking. Sooyeon ah, let them go freshen up. What about I get some dry clothes for you guys to change into? I can buy some fresh clothes for you guys. I think it would be so much more comfortable." Kai offered.
 
"Oh, that would be nice. Thanks, Kai." Kamin smiled at him. Baekhyun felt a pang of jealousy as Kamin smiled at Kai. Baekhyun, Kai is younger than her. Besides, it is just smiling. Baekhyun mentally slapped himself in the head. 
 
"Okay. You guys can freshen up. I will be back soon and it's not raining anymore." Kai pointed to the azure sky, now dotted with creamy white clouds. 
 
"Wait, Kai oppa! Lets go together. You don't know how to shop for Kamin's clothes. I will tag along." Sooyeon called out and the both of them ran out of the store. 
 
"Well, Kamin-ssi, I guess we shall go freshen up now?" Baekhyun spoke, only returned with a slight nod from Kamin as she left for the restroom. 
 
Not before long, Kai and Sooyeon returned with clothes. Kamin changed into a pair of cute pastel pink shorts with a simple white tee and Baekhyun changed into a casual shirt and tee. 
 
"Ooh. Kamin, looking good." Sooyeon smiled, showing her pearly whites as Kamin stepped out of the restroom, looking as fresh as a daisy. 
 
Kamin simply smiled as she took a seat beside Sooyeon. 
 
"Hey. Tell us more about what happened." Kai leaned in, whispering. "Before Mr Byun gets back."
 
"Mmmm. Well, nothing happened actually. It's just casual chit-chat." Kamin shrugged her shoulders.
 
"But you guys got closer, right?" Kai pressed on. 
 
"Uhhh, well. To put it simply, I think Baekhyun-ssi isn't that bad after all." Kamin replied.
 
"Ooh." Sooyeon and Kai said in harmony.
 
"What are you guys talking about?" A voice came from behind. Baekhyun walked towards them, looking better than ever in his new clothes. His heart skipped a beat as his eyes rested on Kamin. Her hair was now silky straight, cascading down her shoulders the way he liked it and she wore a figure-hugging shirt that clung to her small waist. 
 
"Annyeong." Baekhyun greeted as he sat down," did I miss out anything?"
 
"Nope. And you are just in time. Kai and I was thinking that we could go for one more attraction before we head back to our rooms." Sooyeon put her elbows on the table, resting her chin on her hands. "Mmmm. What about a 3-D movie?" 
 
"Nah. Sooyeon ah, I was thinking about something else." Kai spoke mysteriously, his lips curving up to form an enigmatic smile.
 
"What?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"It's a place where your heart will stop and die." Kai grinned, chuckling to himself,"where girls scream and boys laugh." 
 
"Omo. Kai oppa, that's a great idea." Sooyeon's eyes lit up. 
 
"Mmmm?" Kamin looked quizzically at them.
 
"The haunted house." They replied in unison.