Dream catcher

Fate

 

The two happy couples exited out of the karaoke room. 
 
"It's still so early." Kai glanced at his watch which had the shorter hand pointing to 5 and the longer one pointing to 6."5:30pm. What about...we watch a movie? I think there should be a indoor cinema on the seventh floor."
 
"A movie? Kamin,are you fine with that?" Baekhyun asked, ever the gentleman. 
 
"Yeah, I am." Kamin nodded,"lets go then." 
 
They soon arrived at the cinema. Small screens lit up in black and white, showing the available time slots for each show. 
 
"Hmmm. There are many nice movies. There is the Rise of the Guardians, Breaking Dawn...." Kai read off the screens, contemplating,"Sooyeon,this movie looks cool. Let me check out the review..." Kai fiddled with the small screen of his iPhone. 
 
Kamin stood beside Baekhyun, looking at the cinema. It was a big cinema with many many counters that catered to the cinema-goers who were queuing up in an orderly fashion to buy the tickets. There were couples cuddling as they waited for their turn, families with small children playing hide and seek between their parents' legs and groups of friends that gathered in a corner,discussing what to watch. Kamin sighed in contentment. Enjoying a cruise and watching a movie with my boyfriend... A image of happiness and relaxation.
 
"Hey hey. Listen to this. This movie is a thriller, revolving around a girl touring the world to find out what exactly happened to her parents who abandoned her at a tender age. Was it really a massacre or was it..." Kai read, obviously interested.
 
"My goodness, Kai. Stop reading that," Sooyeon hushed him as she glanced worriedly at Kamin,"that's scary. Can we please just watch rise of the guardians?" 
 
Kamin's head spun with the haunting images. 
 
Appa!
 
Kamin, you must leave now. Remember that Appa and Eomma loves you. We didn't want this to happen. 
 
Kamin felt faint. Thunder. Lightning. Rain... No... Appa! Appa! She stumbled forward, her mind spinning. Baekhyun grabbed her arm just in time to prevent her from falling. 
 
"Kamin!" Baekhyun held her close,"are you okay?" 
 
Kamin nodded though her eyes were a little teary. She shut her eyes tightly, trying to force the images out of her mind. Sooyeon took her hand,"are you alright?" 
 
Kamin nodded and waved her hand as a gesture to tell Sooyeon she was fine. 
 
"Baekhyun-" Sooyeon started.
 
"Yes, I will bring her back to the room. Don't worry. I will take care of her." Baekhyun took Kamin's hand gently and wrapped a protective arm around her shoulder.
 
"Sorry for that."Kamin sniffed,"Sooyeon ah, you and Kai can go watch the movie. Baekhyun will take care of me. Don't worry." 
 
"You sure?" Sooyeon asked. 
 
"Yeah. Enjoy yourself. It's just a mild headache." Kamin managed a small smile.
 
Sooyeon nodded before she and Kai left to buy tickets. 
 
Baekhyun turned to Kamin,"come on. I will get you back to your room." Kamin nodded, grateful. 
 
They entered the lift and went down to the third floor where their rooms were. Baekhyun flanked Kamin just in case she fell again. He led her inside the room, closing the door behind them.
 
"Kamin ah, you look really pale. What happened?" Baekhyun shifted closer to Kamin, putting his hand  over hers. 
 
Kamin sighed, looking down at her hand with Baekhyun's. "I..." The hands she saw became a blur of white as the first tear fell from her eyes. 
 
Baekhyun cupped her face with his hands, wiping away the tears with his thumb gently.
"Don't cry, love. You can tell me anything. You trust me, right?"
 
Kamin nodded, her lips quivering. 
 
"Kai...Kai said the movie was about that girl,"Kamin started,biting her lips to stop her involuntary sobs,"she reminded me of myself. My parents...they were killed by someone. I don't know who it was but he killed them. I don't know why. My father told me to run away. I did and I ran and ran and ran till I could run no more. I was spared but my parents-" Kamin breathed deeply, trying to control herself though she burst out crying. 
 
"Oh Kamin..." Baekhyun pulled her into a tight embrace, kissing the top of her head comfortingly,"I am sorry." 
 
Kamin cried, wetting his jacket. "He stabbed my father and my mother. They were killed right in front of me and those images can never be erased from my mind. I... I keep getting nightmares night after night. I don't know what to do..." Her words were muffled. 
 
Baekhyun lifted her chin up gently, looking into her eyes. "Kamin, then let me be the one to drive away your nightmares." Baekhyun whispered, brushing his lips against Kamin's gently. Kamin shut her eyes as Baekhyun pulled her closer, his arms wrapped around her. She gasped as Baekhyun pressed his lips against hers and all she could taste was the sweetness of his lips and the saltiness of her own tears. 
 
"I will never let anything else happen to you," he murmured in the kiss,"I love you too much to see you in pain." Kamin clung to his jacket with her fingers as he lay her down gently. He slowly moved his hands up to her face, cupping them gently. He brushed away the strands of hair from her face slowly with his long fingers and they lay side by side on the bed. 
 
"I had been alone, ever since then. Only after had I found Sooyeon, did I have some proper company. It was hard to live alone so I was grateful to have Sooyeon as a friend." Kamin said, looking up at the ceiling.
 
"Kamin..." Baekhyun murmured into her ears, causing her to tremble slightly,"I promise, I will never let you get hurt again. Let me be your angel, to protect you from anyone who wants to hurt you or nightmares that haunt you." He gazed into her eyes and all she could see was sincerity in his eyes. 
 
"Thank you, Baekhyun." Kamin kissed him gently on the lips. 
 
"Alright," Baekhyun smiled slightly,"you should sleep now. You look tired." He patted her head lightly and he sat up though Kamin caught his hand.
 
"Baekhyun?" 
 
"Yeah?" 
 
"Could you stay with me?" Kamin looked at him.
 
"Of course, I would never want to leave. I will be your dream catcher so don't worry." Baekhyun lay back down, fondling with her silky hair.
 
"Thank you, Baekhyun. I don't know what I would do without you." Kamin snuggled against his chest. 
 
"Sweet dreams, Kamin."