Rise of the guardians

Fate

 

Sooyeon and Kai walked quickly into the movie theaters after biding a farewell to Kamin and Baekhyun. Finally locating their seat, they sat down comfortably in the couple seat. Finding that his girlfriend looked troubled, Kai placed a reassuring arm on Sooyeon,"a penny for your thoughts?" 
 
"No need for a penny, Kai. I am just worried about Kamin, that's all. She seemed..." Sooyeon tried to find the right word to use,"uncomfortable." 
 
"Yeah, she did." Kai frowned,"was it because of what I said or...?" 
 
"No, no. It's nothing you said. Don't blame yourself or anything. Maybe she got a headache." Sooyeon fibbed. She knew Kamin was thinking about her past and now, the crystal of dreams is back in her mind. It's the second last day of this cruise and they would have to take action tonight. 
 
Sooyeon lay her head on Kai's shoulder,"Kai. It's the second last day of the cruise already." 
 
Kai sighed,"it's okay. We are still going to keep in touch, aren't we? And you are not going to find another boyfriend after this cruise right?" He joked but Sooyeon did not retort and engage in the normal banter that would segue. She simply lay her head there, sinking in deep thought.
 
Kai shifted to turn Sooyeon to face him. 
 
"Sooyeon,"he lifted her chin up to meet her gaze,"don't worry about what you are worrying about, okay? If you are like this, I really don't know what to do and its worrying me. Is something else bugging you?" 
 
Sooyeon held her hand to Kai's face, touching his cheeks affectionately,"nothing." If we were to take action tonight and those two mysterious guys come again, I may never see you again. I might even never be able to open my eyes again. 
 
"You sure you are okay?" Kai asked. 
 
Sooyeon managed to give a slight smile,"only if you give me a kiss." Let me remember all our good memories then and savor our last kiss. I can't guarantee whether I can live after tonight. All these years of being a thief, my life and Kamin's have been in danger and even on the brink of death. It is only a little luck and Kamin's wit that we have gotten this far. I do hope I can go even further to be with you,Kai.
 
Kai smiled slightly, leaning forward to give her a sweet kiss on her lips. "Let's just enjoy Rise Of The Guardians and not think about anything,okay?" Nothing else, Kai. Enjoy your time with your girlfriend. And most importantly, keep her safe. 
 
Sooyeon nodded. For Kai. 
 
Kai swallowed and leaned against the back of his seat, holding Sooyeon's hand. The second last day of the cruise. She's right. Our mission will end soon. But what if those two thieves come again to try steal the crystal? What if they endanger the passengers on board? What if they pose a threat to Sooyeon? 
 
Kai glanced over to Sooyeon who looked back, smiling. He smiled too, ruffling her hair affectionately. Believe in yourself, Kai. You can protect your girlfriend.
 
"Hey, the movie is starting." Sooyeon whispered as the room turned dim, then pitch dark. 
 
The two of them sat slightly with proper movie etiquette, munching on their popcorn and drinking their common favorite drink, coke, from the same straw.
 
 
 "We go by many names and take many forms. We bring wonder and hope. We bring joy and dreams. We are the Sandman and the Tooth Fairy. We are the Easter Bunny and Santa. And our powers are greater than you ever imagine. It is our job to protect the children of the world. For as long as they believe in us, we will guard them with our lives." A Santa Claus called North announced with a booming voice.  
 
Guard them with our lives. Kai looked over to Sooyeon and took her hand in his. She looked over, a little surprised though she sent him a smile.  Guard her with my life
 
Sooyeon sat through the movie, admiring the great visual effects and graphics and secretly swooning over Jack Frost. But one part of the movie which focused on Jack Frost made her think. Why was she here? What's her identity? 
 
What is my identity? What have I even done? Stealing things and everything... Theft. Is this really how to live such a meaningful life? Jack Frost did not know what he was created for and what his role was. But he became a guardian. From causing chaos and bringing snow and just having fun, to having a responsibility to guard the kids and protect them from Pitch. What about me? Shouldn't I do something else? 
 
Sooyeon twirled her hair around her finger absentmindedly. I should talk to Kamin about this. I should
 
Kai, on the other hand was also deep in thought. Jack Frost has come to have such a meaningful role in the world but what about me? Always being under mr choi's tyrannical rule, trying to please him by catching thieves and protecting valuable items, what does this end up with? What do I get from it? What does Baekhyun get from it too? Shouldn't we find what we are set out to do? I have to talk to Baekhyun about this. I have to.