Plans

Fate

 

Plans
 
Sooyeon and Kamin lounged on their beds as their eyes scanned their computer screens right in front of them. 
 
"Sooyeon, check this out." Kamin leaned across her bed to pass Sooyeon her MacBook. 
 
 
The crystal of dreams has been a largely sought after jewel, believed to be able to give the owner wonderful dreams. Different from its normal kind, the crystal emits a stunning glow of its own. The crystal, beautiful in its own splendor, is rumoured to have other abilities besides the aforementioned one. Many have tried to find it but to no avail. 
 
Sooyeon's eyes widened. "The crystal of dreams? No wonder you brought us here..." she shot a look at Kamin who smiled sheepishly. 
 
"Come on! This is like...this certain crystal can give you sweet dreams. I need dreams, desperately. I don't want to be bogged down by my constant nightmares." Kamin begged, her eyes tinged with a certain degree of sadness.
 
"Kamin..." Sooyeon wrapped her arms around Kamin's shoulders and gave her a reassuring squeeze," okay. I promise I will help you get hold of that crystal, even if it means risking my life, okay? I promise, just like how we did last time."
 
"Thanks, Sooyeon. I really don't know what I would do without you. All these years, you have been beside me, my partner in crime. I really can't thank you enough." Kamin hugged her tight as a few drops of saline tears rolled down her cheeks. 
 
"Don't cry, silly. This is what friends are for." Sooyeon chided her," buing buing~. Come on, don't cry." Sooyeon pouted cutely, causing Kamin to slap her playfully on the arm. 
 
"Don't use aegyo on me. You know how much I can't stand it." Kamin laughed, her previous sadness now replaced with joy. 
 
After a few moments of uncontrollable giggles emanating from room 339, it became silent again as they became serious once more. 
 
"Wait, Kamin. The crystal of dreams.... What crystal is it? There are so many types of crystals, from sapphires to rubies to dioptase... Which one can it be?' Sooyeon said thoughtfully as she furiously typed on her computer.
 
"Hmmmm... " Kamin murmured as she went online again. (http://www.alleghenycandles.com/amethyst_properties.html)
 
 
Amethyst is a crystal with a mysterious energy. Amethyst has a calming yet spiritually protective energy that makes is good for any type of dream work. It can also help overcome insomnia and/ or nightmares for some people and may help the bearer awake very refreshed and energized.
 
"Found it." Kamin announced after a few minutes as she stretched," it's a purple crystal. This would narrow down our search. Now we just have to locate it." She looked at Sooyeon who looked back at her with a you-are-kidding-right expression. 
 
Kamin nodded," let's go. Besides, this cruise only lasts for 8 days. This is our best chance." She hopped out of bed, with a reluctant Sooyeon tagging behind grudgingly.   
 
The clock struck ten as they snuck out of their room, tiptoeing across the cushioned hallway. Kamin gestured for Sooyeon to follow her as she led the way to the lift lobby. 
 
"Wait a minute. Where do we start? You are not gonna make us search every nook and corner of this cruise ship, are you?" Sooyeon questioned. 
 
Kamin rolled her eyes," of course not. The thing is..." she tapped her chin thinking," if I were a crystal, where would I be..." 
 
"Kamin ah.... I know you are very smart and stuff but you can't exactly determine the location of something just like that." Sooyeon said pointedly.
 
"Okay. I am stuck. Sooyeon, any suggestions?" Kamin folded her arms, tapping her foot anxiously. 
 
Sooyeon smirked as she whipped out a gadget from her pocket. "Remember this? We used it to locate the sapphire necklace the other time. My so-called Crystal detector. Ta-da!"
 
"Right... So crystals have an aura right? Amethyst should have a purple glow then."
 
"Yup. That's right. Now, let me see." Sooyeon muttered as she fiddled with her gadget. The small screen lit up. Sooyeon pressed some buttons and not long after, the small screen had tiny dots of different colors blinking. 
 
Kamin craned her neck to see the small little blinking dots. There were twenty purple blinking dots.She looked at Sooyeon who simply shrugged her shoulders.
 
"Many people like amethyst?" she offered helpfully. 
 
"Haha, very funny. " Kamin said," there's got to be a way to locate it faster. Come on, Sooyeon. You are the one good with gadgets." 
 
"Yes..." Sooyeon sighed as she continued fiddling with her gadgets. Her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. 
 
"Got it! I have narrowed down our scope to three possible locations only. I have decided to ignore the rest of those little dots because they are all located in the rooms of passengers and I don't think it's likely for one of the passengers to have them right?" Sooyeon smiled, proud of herself. Kamin clapped her on the back. 
 
"The locations are....the ship deck? The crew cabins...and hmmm. This location isn't exactly stated. It's somewhere near the arcade room and the karaoke room." Sooyeon put her gadget back into her pocket. It was one of her most precious gadgets given to her by a fellow friend she met on one of her journeys.
 
Kamin bit her lip. Where could the crystal of dreams be?  The ship deck is kinda obvious and besides, they could go see it in broad daylight because literally everyone goes to the ship deck. The crew cabins sound rather difficult to go to but it isn't worth a try. The unidentified room sounds most suspicious and most likely but lots of time would be spent locating the room. 
 
"Let's go to the crew cabins to take a look first, okay? " Sooyeon nodded and followed Kamin as she wound her way through hallways and small corridors to the crew cabin. Kamin must have done some surveying just now. Amazing. Sooyeon thought in admiration. Kamin was the cleverer one out of the both of them and the stronger one in terms of fighting. Sooyeon was the one in charge of keeping a lookout and locating things and all the miscellaneous things while Kamin took on the role of the fighter.  
 
"Sooyeon ah. I think this is it." Kamin finally stopped in front of a long, seemingly never-ending hallway with rooms on each side.
 
Sooyeon whipped out her gadget, the small screen providing dim light along the dark hallway. 
 
"Just in front." she whispered. Kamin crept slowly but steadily across the hallway, taking Sooyeon's guide and stopped in front of a amethyst crystal. 
 
"This is it? We found it?" Sooyeon spoke, surprised at how fast they located the crystal of dreams., a smile spreading across her face.
 
"Uhm... Not exactly. I don't think this is it. According to the information, the crystal is supposed to be able to emit a stunning glow of its own and this..." Kamin pointed to the crystal," is not glowing." Kamin spoke matter-of-factly. 
 
"Let's head to the unidentified room. The entertainment area right?" Kamin slowly tiptoed out of the hallway only to bump into a hard,warm surface. She knelt on the floor, rubbing her head slowly as she winced in pain. 
 
"Why, hello there." she heard a familiar voice. She looked up to find Baekhyun smiling down at her with Kai by his side. 
 
"It must be fate that we meet again. On the same day." Baekhyun chuckled as he held out a hand. 
 
Kamin looked at it before taking it as he pulled her up. 
 
"Thank you very much and I think I should get...uhm...going." Kamin stood up to find Sooyeon next to her. She took Sooyeon's hand and waved a goodbye before he caught her arm. 
 
"Wait a minute." He spoke softly," why are you here? Isn't this the cabin crew's rooms?" He raised an eyebrow. 
 
Sooyeon gulped. We aren't supposed to reveal our identities. Kamin... Think of something and save us both. Sooyeon prayed silently, keeping shut.
 
"We...uh. We lost our way," Kamin frantically said,"you know. The ship is big and huge. Anyone could get lost." 
 
"Yeah. As if we would come out here and stuff..." Sooyeon chipped in. 
 
"Uh huh." Kai nodded. 
 
"Yeah. Kai. This ship is so huge," Baekhyun turned his gaze towards Kamin," anyone could get lost." just like how I can get lost in your eyes. 
 
"What about lets bring these two ladies back to their room." Baekhyun shook his head as if shaking off a thought before flashing the two ladies his signature 300mega-watt smile. 
 
"No, it's really fine," Kamin laughed nervously," we can go back our-" 
 
"No, we insist."  Baekhyun put his hand on his heart as he stretched out a hand to direct the way. "Will you?" 
 
Kamin wanted so much to continue her search. They were so close but in order to not reveal their identity, she guessed she could only follow subserviently. She nodded grudgingly and followed Baekhyun and Kai through the dark hallways. It kinda creeped her out. 
 
"Which is your room?" Kai asked.
 
"339. " Sooyeon replied as she tagged along.
 
"What a coincidence. We happen to be rooming just opposite. Our room is 336." Kai grinned. 
 
Sooyeon smiled back," well then. I guess it really is fate." 
 
Baekhyun smiled silently as he walked behind Kamin. This must be what I call destiny.
 
 
 
 
 
Gahhhh. Am I boring you guys? I am so sorry if this doesn't meet up to your expectations /sob/ please do tell me what you think.