Aim

Fate

 

"Kamin ah, Kamin ah..." Sooyeon called softly, shaking her best friend who was still sleeping soundly. 
 
"Yeah?" Kamin awoke, bleary-eyed.
 
"We are going out today with Kai and Baekhyun oppa." 
 
"When did we even...?"
 
"Sorry, Kamin. I kind of arranged it with Kai and thought you could come too since..." Sooyeon bit her lip.
 
"Ahhh." Kamin buried her face with a pillow, drifting back to sleep.
 
Sooyeon tapped her foot, arms akimbo as she stood at the bedside. She was already ready for her outing with Kai and Baekhyun oppa. While waiting for kamin and baekhyun to freshen up the other day, kai had asked whether she would want to go play darts and she had readily agreed, dragging Kamin along. Kai had jokingly said that this would be a way to get closer and to perhaps even matchmake the two 'lovebirds'.
 
"Kamin?" Sooyeon called again.
 
"Mmmm." Kamin bemoaned, her voice muffled by the pillow,"I am tired..."
 
"I guess you must have been too tired last night." Sooyeon sighed. Last night, they had tried searched for the crystal till late at night. They did find the secret room after all, an underground compartment that merely kept a few ordinary jewels. Kamin had combed the room for the amethyst crystal but to no avail, dragging her tired self back to the room.
 
Sooyeon sighed once more,"okay... I guess I shall go first then? You rest here okay? I will be back by...." She glanced up at the clock which read 10am,"5pm." 
 
Kamin merely nodded as she drifted off to sleep.
 
"Sweet dreams." Sooyeon murmured as she exited the door, bounding towards the arcade where Kai and Baekhyun were already waiting.
______________
 
"Hey guys!" Sooyeon waved. The two boys turned around. Kai grinned, high-fiving her as she walked over. Baekhyun glanced over, smiling though his smile disappeared almost immediately. Sooyeon sprinted over, her hair in a mess as she skidded to a stop. 
 
"Hello,"Sooyeon said, breathless. Tidying up herself, she smiled at Kai and Baekhyun.
 
"Hey." Kai grinned,"you are such a mess." He chided half-jokingly, brushing away her bangs gently. 
"Thanks, oppa." Sooyeon blushed, her cheeks tinted red. 
 
"Hello." Baekhyun greeted, scanning the surroundings with his keen eyes. 
 
"Oppa, what are you looking for? Or...who?" Sooyeon grinned, raising an eyebrow at him. 
 
"Uh," Baekhyun ruffled his hair sheepishly,"nothing. Just...looking at the scenery. Yeah. The darts are cool." He pointed to the dartboard just nearby.
 
"Nah, stop lying." Kai smiled,"you are looking for Kamin. Don't lie." 
 
"Aish... Sooyeon ah, don't listen to him. I was just looking..." Baekhyun retorted.
 
Sooyeon simply nodded,"come on. Lets play darts." With that, the trio walked towards the dartboard. 
 
"Hmm. This is gonna be easy." Kai held the dart firmly in his hand and with a flick of the wrist, the dart cut through the air and landed steadily on the bullseye. 
 
"Woohoo!" Sooyeon cheered, gaining a wink from Kai. 
 
"Come on, Baekhyun. Show us what you got." Sooyeon turned her attention to Baekhyun who was sitting glumly by the corner.
 
He rose up, fiddling with his tee shirt as he walked over, a small smile on his face. "Okay." 
 
"Come on... Don't be sad. Kamin is just upstairs, you could go find her later though I am not sure whether she is fine..." Sooyeon placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. 
 
"What? Fine? Is she sick or...does she have a fever or something? Is she okay?" Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed.
 
Sooyeon rolled her eyes,"are you like...head over heels in love? Gosh, I did not even finish my sentence. I was gonna say whether she is fine with you going up to our room." 
 
Kai sniggered,"throw that dart, lover boy." 
 
Baekhyun heaved a sigh of relief,"okay fine." He threw the dart, it sliced through the air and landed centimeters away from the bullseye. He frowned before sitting at the chair nearby, staring back into space.
 
"Awwww. Concentrate, oppa! Do I have to call Kamin down for you?" Sooyeon frowned as she took the dart from Kai's hand.
 
She went silent as she focused on the red bullseye. Steadying her hand, she flicked her wrist and the dart landed neatly on the bullseye. 
 
Kai's mouth was agape,"wow. You do shoot well." Sooyeon beamed.
 
"But maybe its just lucky. Try it again." Kai smirked, his eyes mischievous. 
 
Sooyeon shrugged,"okay." She took the dart in her hands once more. Steady, steady... Come on, Sooyeon. Focus. She focused again on the bullseye. She never missed. Suddenly Kai came into her line of vision, standing just in front of the bullseye. 
 
"Hey. Oppa, move." Sooyeon folded her arms. Kai stuck out his tongue. 
 
"Then I will aim for your heart then." Sooyeon grinned, her cheekbones raised. 
 
Kai blushed and inched away,"oh no, you don't." 
 
"Well, I never miss." Sooyeon smiled back, her heart fluttering. 
 
Meanwhile,Baekhyun sat there, staring into the distance. His mind was occupied with thoughts of Kamin and all he wanted to do was to go up, knock on her door and go talk to her. On the other hand, Kamin was excitedly typing on her computer. Kamin smacked herself for not thinking about it. It was obvious from the lighting and dreamy atmosphere that bathed the cruise ship. Having stayed in the room for that few hours proved to be useful, with kamin finally locating the crystal at the ship deck. They were ready to make plans.