Worlds collide

Fate

Sooyeon and Kamin walked side by side into the colossal cruise ship; DreamCruise. Their eyes widened in awe as they stepped daintily onto the ship deck. It certainly did not disappoint with its interior design which clearly explained the ship's name. Its dreamy big windows was one that allowed one to see the whole piece of sky, to admire the full pale moon in its glory and to stare in awe at the twinkling stars that hung just above their heads. Night time further enhanced the romantic atmosphere with candles illuminating the deck in its warm orange glow. The walls of the ship were painted with fluffy white clouds, enveloping its passengers in a dreamland.

Ah, romance. Such a fantasy I cannot dream of myself. My world has hardly any time for staring into whimsical eyes or taking a leisure stroll on the ship deck, not even a quick kiss on the lips can be enjoyed. Kamin sighed softly, her beautiful brown eyes drooping. You talk as if you have no one falling head over heels in love with you, my dear friend. Look at yourself. Her close friend and partner in crime, Sooyeon, exclaimed as she drew Kamin's attention to the body-length mirror just nearby. Kamin looked into the mirror to see a glum looking girl staring back at her. Albeit glum looking, she was beautiful. Her long silky brown hair cascaded down her shoulders with wisps of flyaway hair tucked behind her ears. Her ruby red lips stood out like a budding rose, her cheeks were blushed a rosy pink. She literally glowed, her perfect porcelain-like face coupled with a pair of dark brown seductive eyes under long lashes, shy yet mysterious. The girl in the mirror sighed, running her fingers through her silky brown hair then putting her hands on her small waist. I am beautiful but so what? Boys fall for my looks, not...not me. Never once did a guy truly love me. They only liked flirting with me, right? Kamin thought silently to herself.

"Come on, let's go-" Kamin bumped into someone's chest. She looked up to find herself lost in a pair of dark mesmerizing eyes. The owner of that pair of enchanting eyes smiled, showing off his pearly whites as he caught her by the waist. "Are you okay?" He spoke, his eyes twinkling. His voice was smooth and soothing to her ears. She held his gaze for a while before steadying herself. "Thank you." she muttered, dusting some specks of dust off her figure-hugging shirt. He stood beside her, gazing intently at her. She's pretty, he thought. She caught his gaze and her cheeks burned. "Excuse me? I think you should be done looking at me now,"she spoke. He simply grinned,"you are pretty when you are angry." "Yeah, I am pretty mad now." she replied as she looked around for her friend before spotting her playing ball with a little boy. "Sooyeon ah!" she shouted as she tried to make her way past him. He playfully blocked her way, synchronizing with her every move.

 

"Okay. What?" she stood with her arms akimbo, raising an eyebrow. He smiled," I am Baekhyun and I am not gonna let you out of my sight." Another flirty guy... She thought. "I am Kamin and I guess I will see you around then." As soon as she said that, she bolted towards Sooyeon before knocking into another handsome young man.

Stunned for a moment, she froze, oblivious to Sooyeon's calls. He smirked. "Hi, I am Jong In. You can call me Kai and I think you have already met my best friend, Baekhyun." "Oh hi...." Sooyeon rushed forward, clearly interested in the boys that now stood in front of Kamin," I am Kamin's best friend, Sooyeon. We will see you around then?" She giggled nervously before dragging Kamin away. As they finally got away from the two charming boys, Sooyeon whispered excitedly to Kamin, her eyes twinkling.

This cruise would not be smooth-sailing.